anthonydb

KSV Agentless virtual machines missing

Hello everybody,

I am facing a quite weird issue regarding missing virtual machines. I have at work Kaspersky Security Center 10 with 4 virtual machines KSV. Each virtual machine protect an ESX server. On the security center, I already have virtual machines protected by KSV and a specific policy. This week, I created 2 new virtual machines, install vmware tools with vShield components. i can apply policy to these 2 new virtual machines (when I right click on the policy and choose protected infrastructure I can display my new virtual machines and apply policy), but when I try to find the virtual machine in the list of available virtual machine  (not in the protected infrastructure menu), I cannod find them and of course these 2 virtual machines are not protected by KSV. On one of the KSV, I launch inventory_view_format_client  and my 2 new virtual machines were missing. Then I downloaded the ksv log from the KSV hosted on my ESX with one of my virtual machine missing and when I look at the log i see the following error  :Aug 11 22:07:11.797169 [err] KSV[1637]  Can't find node with uuid[ `{42157913-ED8D-13E3-814F-DA45646A1D28}' ] and config file[ `/vmfs/volumes/58e37a3c-d8eed22b-fbdb-90e2ba474fb0/FOLDERNAME/VIRTUALMACHINENAME.vmx' ]. Error: Not found.

I hope that my explanation are clear enough

Did you already have such an error, and can someone tell me how to fix it,because I have been looking for a solution since hours...

Thanks

2 hours ago, anthonydb said:

Hello everybody,

I am facing a quite weird issue regarding missing virtual machines. I have at work Kaspersky Security Center 10 with 4 virtual machines KSV. Each virtual machine protect an ESX server. On the security center, I already have virtual machines protected by KSV and a specific policy. This week, I created 2 new virtual machines, install vmware tools with vShield components. i can apply policy to these 2 new virtual machines (when I right click on the policy and choose protected infrastructure I can display my new virtual machines and apply policy), but when I try to find the virtual machine in the list of available virtual machine  (not in the protected infrastructure menu), I cannod find them and of course these 2 virtual machines are not protected by KSV. On one of the KSV, I launch inventory_view_format_client  and my 2 new virtual machines were missing. Then I downloaded the ksv log from the KSV hosted on my ESX with one of my virtual machine missing and when I look at the log i see the following error  :Aug 11 22:07:11.797169 [err] KSV[1637]  Can't find node with uuid[ `{42157913-ED8D-13E3-814F-DA45646A1D28}' ] and config file[ `/vmfs/volumes/58e37a3c-d8eed22b-fbdb-90e2ba474fb0/FOLDERNAME/VIRTUALMACHINENAME.vmx' ]. Error: Not found.

Did you already have such an error, and can someone tell me how to fix it,because I have been looking for a solution since hours...

Thanks

Hello,

please state the exact build of KSC 10 and KSV AL.

Thank you.

So my Security center is in release 10.4.343 and KSV virtual machines are in release 4.1.047G. Do you have any ideas Dmitry Eremeev ?

Thanks

12 hours ago, anthonydb said:

Hello everybody,

Thanks

Hello.

Unfortunately, this is not a common error, and in order for a solution to be provided, it needs to be analyzed.

To have this issue investigated and resolved, please create an incident in CompanyAccount.

Thank you.

47 minutes ago, anthonydb said:

Thanks,

I already have opened a ticket on my Company Account.

Hello,

please provide us its number.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, anthonydb said:

Ticket number is INC000008136210.

Thanks

You got reply in the incident :

Following the elements provided, your problem requires further analysis with our experts, unfortunately as mentioned on line, and as described since article 13724 of our knowledge base below, the company VMware having stopped the support of this platform, The support is only available as part of the Maintenance Service Agreement (MSA).
http://support.kaspersky.com/fr/13724

The standard support is of course with NSX Manager.
http://support.kaspersky.com/fr/ksv4nola#requirements

We still suggest checking the UUID of these Vms. Check that they are stored in the same place as the protected ones.
https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2012/02/uniquely-identifying-virtual-machines-in-vsphere-and-vcloud-part-2-technical.html

Thank you.

35 minutes ago, anthonydb said:

Yes I received it via mail, but I thought that perhaps on the forum someone already had the case.

Did you already check UUID of these Vms  ?

Thank you.

il y a 44 minutes, anthonydb a dit :

Yes I checked UUID of the 2 virtual machines and UUIDs correspond to the one written in log files of KSV.

Tha't why I don't understand where the problem is...

43 minutes ago, anthonydb said:

Tha't why I don't understand where the problem is...

Unfortunately we cannot help you unless you upgrade to supported version of platform.

Thank you.