cc2150dx

Firefox 55 and up, Fx Beta Quantum, Kaspersky extension is now considered 'legacy', [merged]

Under Firefox 55, the Kaspersky extension is now considered 'legacy', What does this mean? is it not compatible anymore? Is this going to be a issue?

Sorry for all the questions, just concerned.

Thanks,

Upgrade to v2018. Compatibility is coming in v2019. There is no ETA on release date.

2 hours ago, Whizard said:

Upgrade to v2018. Compatibility is coming in v2019. There is no ETA on release date.

I am using KIS 2018.  I'll just use google chrome (no issues with extensions) for the time being.  Thanks for the info though :)

An extension being legacy does not impact you in any ways. You are still protected by the product.

23 hours ago, Whizard said:

An extension being legacy does not impact you in any ways. You are still protected by the product.

Whizard,

Thanks for the heads up.

Hi all

I use Firefox 55.0.3 and Kapersky Protection addon but when i click at addons tab i see "Obsolete technology". Is it okay, or do i need an some update?

7 hours ago, Daudi said:

Hi all

I use Firefox 55.0.3 and Kapersky Protection addon but when i click at addons tab i see "Obsolete technology". Is it okay, or do i need an some update?

Hi, Daudi. As previously mentioned you are still protected. However, If you want the Kaspersky Toolbar protection, you can do what I have done and revert to Firefox 54.0.1

www.filehippo.com has earlier releases.

You just need to go to to the Update Option in Firefox and set it to Never check for updates, until such time as the Kaspersky Toolbar is compatible with future Firefox releases.

Personally, I prefer to have the Kaspersky Toolbar operational. :)

Edited by Fenderman1

Daudi,

I don't recommend to revert to old version of firefox. If you want better security then stay/update most recent version of web browser. That is more important than Kaspersky Toolbar protection. You don't need to update at this point. Just wait KIS 2019.

19 hours ago, sky7 said:

Daudi,

I don't recommend to revert to old version of firefox. If you want better security then stay/update most recent version of web browser. That is more important than Kaspersky Toolbar protection. You don't need to update at this point. Just wait KIS 2019.

Each to his own. Normally, I'd agree with you but I want Kaspersky to protect me, not Mozilla !

On 08/08/2017 at 2:31 PM, Whizard said:

v2019! ~ a year to get compatibility :(

This is a user forum. We do not have access to project managers Gantt Charts or know the release timelines fit into the product release schedules. You can open a ticket with KL directly via my.kaspersky.com and ask them.

I stumbled upon this post via Google and wanted to share what customer support answered me:

Zitat

Our developers informed me that until November all our products (Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Total Security, Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Small Office business) will be compatible with Firefox v57.

That's good news! Thank you, Kaspersky!

On 8/27/2017 at 5:33 PM, Fenderman1 said:

Each to his own. Normally, I'd agree with you but I want Kaspersky to protect me, not Mozilla !

Still, sticking with browser versions that aren't getting continuous security updates does increase the risk, Kaspersky or not. However, if you want to still be getting security updates and at the same time use an older version of Firefox, may I suggest Firefox ESR, which will stick with version 52 and maintain security updates till sometime next year. Even though it's targeted for enterprise use, whose system admins prefer stability over change, ordinary users can also use this.

//Edit: Closed as resolved. Quote: "Our developers informed me that until November all our products (Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Total Security, Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Small Office business) will be compatible with Firefox v57."

Edited by richbuff

I am one of the dwindling crowd of Firefox users.  This browser is belatedly revising is addon technology, and those installed addons which will no longer be supported from November are noted as "legacy".   I see that the Kaspersky Protection addon is also "legacy".  Can anyone advise what will happen to this in November?

Welcome.

Surely Kaspersky will deliver a patch to give support for FF57+... in fact "Kaspersky Protection" add-on in beta K2019 is already compatible with FF57+...

Is KIS 2018 compatible with Firefox 57 beta/quantum (64-bit) ?

Thanks.

Edited by cc2150dx

Compatibility with FF 57 should be fixed with KIS 18.0.0.405 (d)

Has Kaspersky described what the upcoming Firefox 57 add-on restrictions is going to mean to users of Kaspersky's Firefox extension add-on?  Is Kaspersky going to provide a WebExtensions-based add-on?  I really don't have the technical expertise to understand everything I've read about this change, but it sounds like a lot of add-on functionality that has been supported up through FF release 56 will simply not be available with FF 57.  Will this change what the web security provided by Kaspersky?

I know that Kaspersky officially support beta versions of the operating environment (and I assume that includes beta versions of browsers) so I don't expect any detailed information, but having this information made public might determine customers' browser migration path.