Today I noticed that a was running low on disk space, and it turns out that the AntiRansom\Logs folder is currently 86 GB

The majority of the log files are 12 Kb to 14 Kb, but there are several which are 2 Gb to 23 Gb

I've opened the larger log files and it appears to be doing a lot of logging, including my network traffic.

1. Why are these log files so big?

2. Why are to logging my network traffic?

Hello,

It is not recommended to keep tracing always on. Traces are very detailed even at the lowest level (only errors) and are useful only for problems diagnostics, not for daily usage. As soon as tracing is for emergency cases only, max traces size is not limited in order not to loose sufficient information.

Please disable tracing in product's settings.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:23 AM, Sergey Korzukhin said:

Hello,

It is not recommended to keep tracing always on. Traces are very detailed even at the lowest level (only errors) and are useful only for problems diagnostics, not for daily usage. As soon as tracing is for emergency cases only, max traces size is not limited in order not to loose sufficient information.

Please disable tracing in product's settings.

HELLO   ,SEEMS NO ONE  HAVE PROBLEMS THAN 2 PPL HERE, . I HAVE ATTACHED PHOTOS  OF MY  problems,  all my hard drive  space been taken up, keep  crashing my  browser  ,cant use computer  , keep making space and over the limit  i cant do much  finally i found who took all those 251 GB  MY HD SPACE  FROM KASPERESKY   ANTI RANSOMEWARE !!!   WHAT A JOKE, 

HOW DO WE DELETE THAT  TRACES   DISABLE ????  I WAS SO MAD  FIND HERE TO VENT MY MY STEAM ANY SUGGESTIONS ???

Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, March 15, 2018_12h38m26s_001_C- - WinDirStat.png

Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, March 15, 2018_14h58m19s_018_C- - WinDirStat.png

Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, March 15, 2018_14h20m34s_016_.wmv

Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, March 15, 2018_13h26m47s_008_Local Disk -C-- Properties.png

Ashampoo_Snap_Thursday, March 15, 2018_13h04m15s_005_.png

KASPERSKY 251.5 G.B SPACE March 15, 2018_12h46m36s_004_C- - WinDirStat.snapdoc

kathmandu64 Please disable KART's traces: open Settings->  uncheck "Enable tracing" checkbox. Then open "logs" folder and simply delete all files inside using Windows Explorer.

Please notice that you are still using beta-version and it is strongly recommended to uninstall in an install release version of the product.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.