Hi i see that : Kaspersky free av ¿What features it have? is like kaspersky AV whitout firewall and virtual browser, haves kms?, behavior shield?, what kind of features it haves in comparision whith kaspersky AV (Paid) and Kaspersky Intenret security. I really like it but when i move to windows 10  i see some problems whith kaspersky and discard to buy it. If you have a free version for me excelent.

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-antivirus-download

I recently download the file but some of the features like Safemoney, Privacy protection, Parental control and Protection for all devices are disabled because they are available in KIS Total security, you can double check my screenshot that I provided.

kaspersky free.png

11 minutes ago, Indio said:

:ph34r: Welcome to KL-Forums

Let Me tell you as far as I know Kaspersky doesn't has Free version Anti-Virus

they offer as other competitors on the Market the "Trials versions" To evaluate its

functionality for 30 days..After that period of time Klab will prompt the user

to Buy the product tested and activated by buying an Activation code

Re: yes KAV it doesn't has firewall..Correct Me if I'm wrong

To recap: If you're interested in KLab Antivirus download one of the trials

versions-Here's a link: https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads

https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus

Hi bro i dont want to abuse of you but i like to see what config features haves, I remember the full version haves behavior shield and another things, i dont remember i use kaspersky a long time ago. I dont know what privacy protection does, but for me  is a good product include if it dont have firewall or parental control  . If this kaspersky free are like kaspersky AV or similar for me are good.

What haves kaspersky Paid av and what haves kaspersky free?

Diferences only between : AV Free and paid

Since I didn't find a specific forum for this product, I figured the most sensible way is to ask this here.

I just found out that there is a Kaspersky Free Antivirus and I went ahead and installed it to see what it's all about and I noticed it says "365 days remaining".

Will this automatically renew itself every 365 days and this is the only way Kaspersky products can work?

Is it only a visual remainder of the premium version and will be phased out in the future?
Will it actually stop functioning after 365 days?

What's up with that?

So happy that Kaspersky made a free version of Kaspersky Antivirus. I always wanted to replace Avast with Kaspersky but I couldn't afford it since Kaspersky is a little expensive.

5 hours ago, TianlanSha said:

Says it has 365 days remaining. Will it stop working after a year or what?

I wonder the same thing, what happens after one year exactly?Does it auto-renew or what?

I think it will stop functioning like a 30 day free trial from their old trial functions as you can see on the screenshot below, you will see the details itself.

screenshotforlicense.png

4 minutes ago, jrolson said:

Looks like it's only a 1 year trial basically...

NOT free forever.

Thats bad if true, waiting for response from MyKaspersky support..

I mean i would gladly sell Kaspersky to my customers, but 30 euros every year is alot for most of them and they stay with builtin Windows Defender or some other like Avast free..

Hope Kaspersky gives some true free antivirus to the world.

Edited by Ivicask

I imagine you would just renew your license at the end of 365 days, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see

7 hours ago, TianlanSha said:

Says it has 365 days remaining. Will it stop working after a year or what?

I imagine you would just renew your license at the end of 365 days, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Avast & AVG also use a 1 year license for their free stuff. Both will auto renew and I highly doubt Kaspersky will just stop working. It will either auto renew and prompt you to do so.

So what is the catch using the free version? it must include ads or popups...

15 minutes ago, jrolson said:

So what is the catch using the free version? it must include ads or popups...

Probably the lack of certain modules. As far as I can tell, it doesn't come with System Watcher for instance. Of course it tries to sell you paid versions, but that's to be expected considering it's free. I'm sure reviews will pop up soon on youtube and other places.

Edited by vBDKv

;) Don't take Me wrong: But If I can't afford to Install a Paid-Antivirus I wouldn't bother install

free versions, without Firewall : No Safe Money app: No Protection browser: No KSC-VPN

I rather Stay with Microsoft Wins Defender it make a decent job for Free, without Ads

neither reminders to Buy the premium versions. What do you think Kasperskians

Currently the Antivirus that offering - Free versions still let users to install

its Antivirus again, but who knows Kaspersky keep Track on those

who installed once & Block them for 2nd time..it may happens.? 

Edited by Indio

I changed computer date to 2020, then Kaspersky was showing "license expired", "antivirus only giving limited protection" and etc. For it to be working again all I had to do, is to press button "Renew license", now Kaspersky again shows "366 days active license".
So I guess same thing will happen after a real year passes, unless Kaspersky will change something down the road.

Edited by procc

17 minutes ago, procc said:

I changed computer date to 2020, then Kaspersky was showing "license expired", "antivirus only giving limited protection" and etc. For it to be working again all I had to do, is to press button "Renew license", now Kaspersky again shows "366 days active license".
So I guess same thing will happen after a real year passes, unless Kaspersky will change something down the road.

Ok, thanks for this test. Didn't think of fast forwarding time like this :D I guess it'll be free for longer than just one year.

Hi there :)

Can someone please tell me what this Firefox-extension is good for in this free-version? It only shows "open on-screen keyboard". I'm also pretty new to Kaspersky/AV in general - i'm running linux on my desktop and only have a w10-tablet and after the latest news about the defender i decided to give Kaspersky free a try. So, is the exension necessary or can it be disabled?

26 minutes ago, unnicknamed said:

Hi there :)

Can someone please tell me what this Firefox-extension is good for in this free-version? It only shows "open on-screen keyboard". I'm also pretty new to Kaspersky/AV in general - i'm running linux on my desktop and only have a w10-tablet and after the latest news about the defender i decided to give Kaspersky free a try. So, is the exension necessary or can it be disabled?

The extension is also used for the URL checker which checks for malicious/phishing sites, ect.

The 365 days would automatically update once it expires. It will go back to 365 days. Technically like auto-renwal

On 7/26/2017 at 9:15 AM, Ivicask said:

I wonder the same thing, what happens after one year exactly?Does it auto-renew or what?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.