Jump to content
dpeters11

Cannot install SP1 MR4

Recommended Posts

Testing this version for systems that we can't yet go through the decryption process for SP2. I installed SP1 MR3 yesterday and encrypted. Today I installed MR4. It installed OK the first time, but then failed the encryption update and reverted. I cleared up some more disk space etc in case that was the issue, but now MR4 won't install at all.

Remote installation has been completed with an error on this device: Fatal error during installation. (Error 27357.Installation package has been found to contain recalled patches , {1E08552F-85AE-453C-A35E-EB1980F5C667}. Installation will be aborted.)

This still happens after I updated the package databases. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, dpeters11 said:

Testing this version for systems that we can't yet go through the decryption process for SP2. I installed SP1 MR3 yesterday and encrypted. Today I installed MR4. It installed OK the first time, but then failed the encryption update and reverted. I cleared up some more disk space etc in case that was the issue, but now MR4 won't install at all.

Remote installation has been completed with an error on this device: Fatal error during installation. (Error 27357.Installation package has been found to contain recalled patches , {1E08552F-85AE-453C-A35E-EB1980F5C667}. Installation will be aborted.)

This still happens after I updated the package databases. 

 

Hello.

Please describe the "failed the encryption update" part in more detail. What was the course of events, and what were the errors?
Please also collect a GSI report from the host, and the installation logs for KES.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

When it installed the first time, I got these errors. After the reboot, it had reverted itself to MR3. When I attempted a reinstall after that (including another reboot), it failed with the recalled patch message. What's strange, I don't see an install log. There's an MSIxxxx.log and a ucaevents, but those are from the mr3 install yesterday

GSI report is here

https://app.box.com/s/exqzy72hmi43gax5dnfu

Event type:     FDE upgrade failed
Reason:     Upgrade initiation failed
Encryption type:     Encryption of hard drives

Event type:     Error encrypting/decrypting device
Action:     Encryption
Reason:     Encryption paused for the duration of update installation
Encryption type:     Encryption of hard drives

 

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, dpeters11 said:

When it installed the first time, I got these errors. After the reboot, it had reverted itself to MR3. When I attempted a reinstall after that (including another reboot), it failed with the recalled patch message. What's strange, I don't see an install log. There's an MSIxxxx.log and a ucaevents, but those are from the mr3 install yesterday

GSI report is here

https://app.box.com/s/exqzy72hmi43gax5dnfu

Event type:     FDE upgrade failed
Reason:     Upgrade initiation failed
Encryption type:     Encryption of hard drives

Event type:     Error encrypting/decrypting device
Action:     Encryption
Reason:     Encryption paused for the duration of update installation
Encryption type:     Encryption of hard drives

 

1. Are you deploying the patch via KSC as an install package? What happens if you enable a local update task and update from KL servers on that host?
2. Are there any private fixes installed in KES on this host?

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

According to the logs:

"

MSI (s) (BC!A0) [12:54:27:005]: Product: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows -- Error 27357.Installation package has been found to contain recalled patches , {1E08552F-85AE-453C-A35E-EB1980F5C667}. Installation will be aborted.

Error 27357.Installation package has been found to contain recalled patches , {1E08552F-85AE-453C-A35E-EB1980F5C667}. Installation will be aborted.
ValidatePatches:  Incompatible patches found: , {1E08552F-85AE-453C-A35E-EB1980F5C667} Error 0x80004005.
ValidatePatches:  ValidatePatches: finished. Return value 1603."

Is it possible to use kavremover utility at safe mode and run the installation once again?

Share this post


Link to post

I can do that. I'll decrypt it, run the remover, reinstall mr3, re-encrypt and retry mr4. It's just odd that MR3 updated to MR4 fine, until the issue with updating the encryption, then I got the recalled patch error.

Edited by dpeters11

Share this post


Link to post

It worked this time, I also took an extra precaution of manually selecting SP2 and making sure nothing was left of it. I got the screenshot I needed of the process, so I'm good to go.

 

Share this post


Link to post

It's solved. I doubt that any upgrades we do would have the same issue, my system isn't the most normal, if we even really put out MR4 at all. I'm hoping that by the time MR3 goes EOL, we'll be on SP2+.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dpeters11 said:

It's solved. I doubt that any upgrades we do would have the same issue, my system isn't the most normal, if we even really put out MR4 at all. I'm hoping that by the time MR3 goes EOL, we'll be on SP2+.

Please evaluate support help by using "Rating" option!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.