WyRe

[2317050] Kaspersky power events provider keeps asking me for system restart

8 minutes ago, VenZe said:

Hello there,

Do I understand correctly that when you click 'Clear all' button at the top right and restart computer message about 'Restart required' returns back?

That is correct: for users who have this problem, the message persistently returns.  It may go away for a few seconds or minutes, but then it returns.

Did anyone try to disable Kaspersky self-defense, reboot and then enable it again? That fixed it for me. I'm not getting the restart message anymore.

self_defense.jpg

I performed clean install of the windows and still nothing. Same thing shows up.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:29 AM, Toms200 said:

Kaspersky Lab Power events provider shows up in my notification side bar for no reason. Asks me to restart PC but no luck of getting rid of it.

5 hours ago, Toms200 said:

I performed clean install of the windows and still nothing. Same thing shows up.

This topic now spans 2 pages, wherein the mods have recommended that you provide a GSI report and other users have offered 4 different solutions, none of which involve the hassle and disruption of reinstalling your OS.  Please study both pages of this topic and try what has been recommended.

I,m using Lanovo laptop e560 windows 10 . it had a power manager update recently.

I am having "restart required" on every start up the pc.

under device manager - I don't have Kaspersky lab power events provider item, can't update driver.

Current KIS version 17.0.0.611(h)

Welcome. Please see the second pinned topic for instructions to download and install Kaspersky version 2018. 

Uninstall Kaspersky version 2017 > reboot, then install Kaspersky version 2018. 

After you install Kaspersky version 2018, activate with your current activation code > do a databases update > reboot.

Any better with the current version?

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

Also,

Hello, I have Kaspersky Internet security 18.0.0.405(c) so the last version, and for the first time, after many years of using Kaspersky I have received the Kaspersky Lab Power events provider restart etc.. message.. I've read about the solutions in case of problems etc etc.. But what is it? I mean I formatted my laptop not so long ago, and I would like not to have any problem, at least for a while.. There's not a lot about it, it's pretty scary actually.. Like a malware than something from kaspersky..? And I've read of people having this message even with previous installations, but I never had it..

Thank you, and bye ^^

10 hours ago, winter said:

Also,

Hello, I have Kaspersky Internet security 18.0.0.405(c) so the last version, and for the first time, after many years of using Kaspersky I have received the Kaspersky Lab Power events provider restart etc.. message.. I've read about the solutions in case of problems etc etc.. But what is it? I mean I formatted my laptop not so long ago, and I would like not to have any problem, at least for a while.. There's not a lot about it, it's pretty scary actually.. Like a malware than something from kaspersky..? And I've read of people having this message even with previous installations, but I never had it..

Thank you, and bye ^^

I had the same message today, same KS version, Windows 10 up to date, etc. This must be a Kaspersky bug.

stadi After restarting my laptop, because of  kaspersky Lab Power events provider restart etc.. message, now kaspersky internet security is updated to the version 18.0.0.405(d), so probably is related to that..

But still there's nothing about kaspersky Lab Power events even on kaspersky website, so that is strange, because some people had that message even in previous versions,  but I never had it in all the years I have used it; and kaspersy always updated to a new batch without that particular kaspersky Lab Power events..

Also, even after watching many other kaspersky forums in various languages, some people do have the Kaspersky Lab Power in Device Manager under System Devices, and it seems connected with microsoft installer maybe..

If someone can confirm what it is in the specific please, I would appreciate it..

Thank you and bye ^^

Edited by winter

Alternate solution:  If we look at the screenshot in @NeatNit's post here:

showing  Capture.PNG

we see that the prompt is actually issued by Windows 10's Settings.  If it were issued by Kaspersky, the prompt would instead be preceded by the K logo (unless you have disabled icons in notification settings).

Briefly:  My previous solution worked on my Windows 10 Home 64bit PCs, but none of the contributors' solutions in this topic worked on my Windows 10 Pro 32bit PC.  I began to get the feeling that the driver for Power Events Provider had already installed correctly, but the prompt to restart had simply not been removed (cancelled) after successful installation.  I checked Start > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices > System Devices > Kaspersky Lab Power Events Provider > Properties > Events tab > and yes, the driver was successfully installed during my most recent installation of Kaspersky.

So I opened Action Center > All Settings > System > Notifications & Actions > scroll below "Get notifications from these senders" to Settings > click to disable > click to enable > done.  And the offending prompt is gone.

There were several patches release on 13.10.2017. Does this message start to appear after mentioned date (after the update to the latest patch)?

Specify Kaspersky product version: https://support.kaspersky.com/general/products/1690#block1

Specify your full OS version (edition, version, OS build): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system

Does the issue appear after Kaspersky product reinstall (remove the current version using Control Panel - reboot - install 2018 version of Kaspersky product(https://support.kaspersky.com/#s_tab2) - update bases - reboot - check the issue).

Hello,

The same problem started on my computer on october 15th (Windows 10-64bit, KIS2017) : "Kaspersky Lab power events provider" asks to restart (but multiple restarts didn't fix it).

This solution fixed the problem : place the mouse pointer on the "K" icon on the bottom right of your desktop, Right-Mouse-Button--->Exit.

Then reboot your computer.

The problem stopped.

I'm worried that all solutions presented here, imply to stop protecting your computer for a few seconds (which seems to indicate that KIS was preventing something to happen, let's hope it's not a malware).

Edited by palotim

This problem started on my computer a few days ago. I've manually updated from KIS 17 to KIS 18.0.0.405(c), but the problem is still persistent: upon every boot of the computer, this notification appears. 

Also, no information on what exactly Kaspersky Lab power events provider does: can anyone provide some info please? 

Kaspersky: I really hope you guys can come up with a solution soon (this is the first time I have an issue with your product; I even registered on the forum because of this issue only)

Edited by ksprskyusr

Here's how you fix it ...

1) Disable Kaspersky Self-Defense, reboot.
2) Type "reli" without quotation in Windows Start, and check if the driver was successfully installed. If not, wait 30 mins and reboot again.
3) After successful driver installation, re-enable Self-Defense.

image.jpg image.jpg

Edited by vBDKv

6 hours ago, Mefodys said:

There were several patches release on 13.10.2017. Does this message start to appear after mentioned date (after the update to the latest patch)?

Specify Kaspersky product version: https://support.kaspersky.com/general/products/1690#block1

Specify your full OS version (edition, version, OS build): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system

Does the issue appear after Kaspersky product reinstall (remove the current version using Control Panel - reboot - install 2018 version of Kaspersky product(https://support.kaspersky.com/#s_tab2) - update bases - reboot - check the issue).

The issue appeared in 3 PCs:
    after auto-update of KIS2017 v17.0.0.611(e) to KIS2017 v17.0.0.611(f)
    and after properly reinstalling KIS2017 v17.0.0.611(f);
    after auto-update of KIS2018 v18.0.0.405(c) to KIS2018 v18.0.0.405(d).

Systems and Device Manager Events when updating to v18.0.0.405(d)
2017/10/13 05:49:44
    Device ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 was deleted.
    Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
2017/10/13 05:49:45
    Device ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 was configured.
    Driver Name: oem46.inf
    Driver Date: 09/30/2017
    Driver Version: 13.0.136.62
    Driver Provider: Kaspersky Lab
    Driver Section: klhkInstall
    Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
    Matching Device Id: ROOT\KLHK
    Outranked Drivers: oem10.inf:ROOT\KLHK:00FF0000
    Device Updated: true
    Parent Device: HTREE\ROOT\0
    Device ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 was started.
    Driver Name: oem46.inf
    Service: klhk
    Lower Filters: 
    Upper Filters: 
    Driver Management concluded the process to install driver klhk.inf_amd64_e484f06fdc5d2f4f\klhk.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 with the following status: 0x0.
2017/10/14 03:39:44
2017/10/14 03:39:46
    Driver Name: oem14.inf
    Outranked Drivers: oem4.inf:ROOT\KLHK:00FF0000
2017/10/14 03:39:47
    Driver Name: oem14.inf
    Lower Filters: 
    Upper Filters: 
2017/10/14 03:49:47
    Driver Management concluded the process to install driver klhk.inf_amd64_e484f06fdc5d2f4f\klhk.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 with the following status: 0x0.
2017/07/26 23:15:00
2017/10/15 15:17:57
    Driver Name: oem25.inf
    Outranked Drivers: oem5.inf:ROOT\KLHK:00FF0000
    Driver Name: oem25.inf
    Lower Filters: 
    Upper Filters: 
    Driver Management concluded the process to install driver klhk.inf_x86_e5bd40572cc65047\klhk.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 with the following status: 0x0.

END

Edited by GregLauver

GregLauver, thanks for the information,

have you tried a workaround suggested by vBDKv?:

If the issue persIsts:

Do I understand correctly, that the message appears again, even you close it manually via Action Center and reboot?

3 hours ago, Mefodys said:

GregLauver, thanks for the information,

have you tried a workaround suggested by vBDKv?:

If the issue persIsts:

Do I understand correctly, that the message appears again, even you close it manually via Action Center and reboot?

I did not try his method on my x64s because my earlier method (MS Disk Cleanup + System Files) worked for them; but not on my x86, where his method also did not work.  That led me to carefully reconsider the evidence, and then to the Windows Notifications for the Settings app, and simply turning it off and back on.  (No need to turn off KIS features, or reinstall KIS, or reinstall my OS.  Did not even need to reboot.)

By itself (without any other method), neither closing the message in the Action Center, nor rebooting - either separately or together - will stop the reappearance of the nagging prompt.  This is basically why people are frustrated:  these are the most obvious courses of action, and they don't help.

NtfySttg.png

Edited by GregLauver

Is there an official solution for this problem. I keep getting this message every time I boot my computer I am on the latest version of Kis 18.0.0.405(c)

12 hours ago, taketime said:

Is there an official solution for this problem. I keep getting this message every time I boot my computer I am on the latest version of Kis 18.0.0.405(c)

I've got KIS v18.0.0.405(d).  You can wait for an official solution, if the messages don't bother you too much; else you can try the solutions posted in this topic.

Edited by GregLauver
typo

On 8/2/2017 at 10:23 AM, VenZe said:

Hello there,

Do I understand correctly that when you click 'Clear all' button at the top right and restart computer message about 'Restart required' returns back?

This is exactly the problem @VenZe

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.