woodgnome

NT dual processor problem

Hello,

My PC is a dual processor PC running NT4 sp6

I have been having a problem with my KAV installation for a while. After one of the latest updates I was told to reboot my PC for the update to take effect. Since doing this KAV does not appear in the windows toolbar, but when I look at the process list kavsvc.exe is taking up all the resources on one processor.

I disable the process in control panel, reboot, uninstall KAV, reboot, re-install KAV, reboot, and then when KAV is installed I update from the web and am told to reboot. On rebooting, the same problem occurs with one processor being used 100%.

Is this a problem with a specific update? Can I download the virus database without affecting the application? Any ideas?

Hi.

Could you specify full name and version of KAV package?

Main window -> Support Tab -> Product Information.

Hi.

Could you specify full name and version of KAV package?

Main window -> Support Tab -> Product Information.

Hi Ivan,

I am using kav5.0.227_personalen.exe to install KAV. Currently the kavsvc service is running at 100% so I can't access the application.

woodgnome

woodgnome

1. Your version has been updated to 5.0.372. You should uninstall 5.0.227 (exit from the tray-icon first) and install 5.0.372 and if you are using a firewall, you should disable the networkmodule during the install:

You will during the install encounter this window:

k47hg.jpg

Here you uncheck "Operate according to recommended settings", click next and proceed to the next window:

k58gf.jpg

Here you uncheck "Use real-time protection against network attacks", click next and finish the install as you would normally do.

Important: IDS is a part of the firewall, and it cannot replace a fully functional firewall on your computer. Kaspersky Labs recommends you to use this system (Intrusion Detection System) only if you do not have a personal firewall on your PC. In order to have full control over network activity on your computer (control over applications' network activities, packet filtering) we recommend to use a fully functional personal firewall

2. You're posting in the "Protection for Small and Medium Businesses", so Kaspersky for Workstation may be a better choice for you, especially if you need more than two licences, if you are just trying Kaspersky then you can download the latest trial versions of all Kaspersky products here.:)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.