Peter222

Users complaining that applications are slow to open KES10SP2 [In progress]

Anyone seen this issue?

I've run into this problem before with older KES10 versions and am seeing it again with the latest KES10SP2. We've started upgrading clients from old KES10MR1 (uninstalling and installing the new KES10SP2 client) and some users are complaining that applications are slow to open with the new KES10SP2. I'm also seeing this on my machine. It's hard to pin down when the issue occurs, and now that I'm enabled tracing, I'm not seeing the issue yet.

The issue manifest a couple of times where the machine appeared to lock up, but then became usable again after a while (where the Windows start menu would open again). There was one time where it was just taking way too long to become usable again and I had to perform a hard reboot.

Edited by Peter222

Anyone seen this issue?

I've run into this problem before with older KES10 versions and am seeing it again with the latest KES10SP2. We've started upgrading clients from old KES10MR1 (uninstalling and installing the new KES10SP2 client) and some users are complaining that applications are slow to open with the new KES10SP2. I'm also seeing this on my machine. It's hard to pin down when the issue occurs, and now that I'm enabled tracing, I'm not seeing the issue yet.

The issue manifest a couple of times where the machine appeared to lock up, but then became usable again after a while (where the Windows start menu would open again). There was one time where it was just taking way too long to become usable again and I had to perform a hard reboot.

Hello,

Does OS completely hang for awhile or it just slow down ?

Is it possible to collect diagnostic information during slow downs ?

Please attach GSI report with event logs included.

Thank you.

Hello,

Does OS completely hang for awhile or it just slow down ?

Is it possible to collect diagnostic information during slow downs ?

Please attach GSI report with event logs included.

Thank you.

On the more severe instances I encountered on my laptop it appeared that the OS was hanging. I could move the mouse pointer around but nothing would respond: Windows Start Menu, Ctrl+Alt+Del, anything from the OS. Otherwise, what I've encountered more often and what users are complaining about is the delay when an application is opened. However, I also cannot launch any other applications during the delay. I haven't time it but approximately 10-15 seconds of delay (which is not normal behavior).

I've generated the GSI report with event logs (but the file upload says it only allows 300K uploads), but am trying to capture a trace with the slow down. The problem is that it's so intermittent that at the moment my trace files are growing too big and I've had to disable tracing. KES10SP2 did generate some application dump files across some of the restarts that I sent off to Kaspersky lab when it prompted me.

Edited by Peter222

Hi,

Please use any file sharing resource to upload GSI log.

Is there any particular scenario to reroduce systemslowdown?

Thank you!

Hi,

Please use any file sharing resource to upload GSI log.

Is there any particular scenario to reroduce systemslowdown?

Thank you!

I've uploaded the GSI log here: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...4a01fd9b77f1ed8

There is no particular scenario that I can identify to recreate the slow down. Sometimes even the Win10 login screen is delayed from showing the users after a reboot, but this is not consistent either.

I've uploaded the GSI log here: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...4a01fd9b77f1ed8

There is no particular scenario that I can identify to recreate the slow down. Sometimes even the Win10 login screen is delayed from showing the users after a reboot, but this is not consistent either.

Hello!

As I can see from the report, there is a lack of free space on the hard disk and also network agent has some problems with the connection. Could you please check, if the affected machines have enough space on thier disks and also collect the klnagchk.exe utility output from these machines?

Thanks!

Hello!

As I can see from the report, there is a lack of free space on the hard disk and also network agent has some problems with the connection. Could you please check, if the affected machines have enough space on thier disks and also collect the klnagchk.exe utility output from these machines?

Thanks!

There is 4GB free space on this machine because as I mentioned before I've been trying to run traces to try capture the traces when the problem occurs and the trace files have grown rather large.

Regarding network agent problems, I connect to the network with our KSC server with VPN periodically. When I'm not on VPN the Network Agent won't be able to connect to the KSC server and is probably logging errors that it can't connect.

I haven't had any problems in the past with the KES10SP1MR3 client.

I have also uninstalled the KES10SP2 client completely along with the network agent (10.4.343) and have reinstalled from a KSC standalone package with updated databases. So far, I haven't seen the problem return yet, but I'm continuing to monitor this machine.

There is 4GB free space on this machine because as I mentioned before I've been trying to run traces to try capture the traces when the problem occurs and the trace files have grown rather large.

Regarding network agent problems, I connect to the network with our KSC server with VPN periodically. When I'm not on VPN the Network Agent won't be able to connect to the KSC server and is probably logging errors that it can't connect.

I haven't had any problems in the past with the KES10SP1MR3 client.

I have also uninstalled the KES10SP2 client completely along with the network agent (10.4.343) and have reinstalled from a KSC standalone package with updated databases. So far, I haven't seen the problem return yet, but I'm continuing to monitor this machine.

Well, would it be possible then to collect the traces of KES if the problem comes up again?

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.