kav83

On demand scan [In progress]

Hello

I have scheduled a manual virus scan to take place for one of my managed device groups. I set the task up using all the default settings. My question is, Are there any recommended settings within that task I should change to optimize the scan?

I am on KSC version 10.4.343 and KES 10.3.0.6294

Thanks

Kav83

Hello

I have scheduled a manual virus scan to take place for one of my managed device groups. I set the task up using all the default settings. My question is, Are there any recommended settings within that task I should change to optimize the scan?

I am on KSC version 10.4.343 and KES 10.3.0.6294

Thanks

Kav83

Go to the online manual for KES - https://help.kaspersky.com/KESWin/10SP2/en-US/127968.htm and search for "scan optimization".

Hi

Default task at "Managed devices" is a default common task for all PCs at all groups. By default it`s settings applies to all PCs.

Thank you, That helps.

I made some adjustments as per that document. Do these scan optimization settings apply to the default task that is in "Managed devices" called "Quick Virus Scan" also?

Kav83

Yes, those can be applied to the Quick Virus Scan also. Basically, the only difference between a quick and a full-system scan is the scope of the scan. In a quick scan, you're only scanning the critical areas of the OS, e.g. boot sector, memory, system folder, etc.

Yes, those can be applied to the Quick Virus Scan also. Basically, the only difference between a quick and a full-system scan is the scope of the scan. In a quick scan, you're only scanning the critical areas of the OS, e.g. boot sector, memory, system folder, etc.

That answers my questions.

Thanks again for the help

Kav83

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.