lordengineer

POP-UP Issue with KES10-SP2 [2175144]

I have install KES10-SP2 on workstation. I have blocked CD Rom and USB access using device control. But frequent pop-up alert is coming out that "Operation with the device prohibited".

Event type: Operation with the device prohibited

Device\Device category: Device

Device\Device type/Bus type: CD/DVD drives

Device\Device ID: SCSI\CDROM&VEN_PLDS&PROD_DVD+-RW_DH-16AES\4&172315E6&0&020000

Device\Device VIDPID: VEN_PLDS&PROD_DVD+-RW_DH-16AES

User: xyz (Not defined)

Result\Decision: Block

Result\Operation: Read

I have other version of KES10 SP1-MR2 on other workstation as well, but there is no pop-up alert coming. If I upgrade or install KES10-SP2 on any workstation. Then this message continuously coming out and also log it on server.

So please tell me is it bug of KES10-SP2 version or any setting issue.

post-631420-1497852950.jpg

I have install KES10-SP2 on workstation. I have blocked CD Rom and USB access using device control. But frequent pop-up alert is coming out that "Operation with the device prohibited".

I have other version of KES10 SP1-MR2 on other workstation as well, but there is no pop-up alert coming. If I upgrade or install KES10-SP2 on any workstation. Then this message continuously coming out and also log it on server.

Hello,

Bug 2175144.

Please wait information from developers.

Thank you.

I have the same problem: (https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=369171&st=0&p=2693357entry2693357)

The new version of the policy has the settings for notifications in a different location. I was able to stop the notifications from popping up by going to the Policy -> Advanced settings -> Reports and Storages -> Notifications , Settings -> Device Control, Disable the Notify On Screen for the Critical events (Check boxes).

This is only a temporary fix as the popup is disabled completely even when a device is attached, but at least my helpdesk tickets for the annoying popup has stopped coming in until Kaspersky can get this working properly

I have the same problem: (https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=369171&st=0&p=2693357entry2693357)

The new version of the policy has the settings for notifications in a different location. I was able to stop the notifications from popping up by going to the Policy -> Advanced settings -> Reports and Storages -> Notifications , Settings -> Device Control, Disable the Notify On Screen for the Critical events (Check boxes).

This is only a temporary fix as the popup is disabled completely even when a device is attached, but at least my helpdesk tickets for the annoying popup has stopped coming in until Kaspersky can get this working properly

Sorry for inconvenience caused.