Wispr

Secure Connection Won't Uninstall

I just bought Kaspersky Total Security and Secure Connection, sadly Security won't allow me to enter my Activation code, so had to uninstall it. Which went fine. But Secure Connections won't let me uninstall it, says I don't have the privileges. I know I lost the $112 I paid for these programs and just want to get all of the Kaspersky program removed from my computer. I've also tried Windows uninstaller.

Any help would be appreciated!

Well finally got it uninstalled, had to run System Mechanic to clean things up and after that, I was able to uninstall Secure Connections. Still out the $112, just going to look at it as a very costly lesson. :'(

Normal user here.

The way I activated KSC on my PC was by logging in via the program rather than use the key given, however, on KIS I just use the key as usual. It's strange you went through so much trouble so I hope Kaspersky can solve it for you. ;)

I think when Secure Connection installed it fragmented the drive enough that it wouldn't uninstall. System Mechanic found my drive fragmented and defragged it. Afterward was able to uninstall Secure Connection.

Normal user here.

The way I activated KSC on my PC was by logging in via the program rather than use the key given, however, on KIS I just use the key as usual. It's strange you went through so much trouble so I hope Kaspersky can solve it for you. ;)

Thanks for the info. If I decide to buy Kaspersky again I'll remember that. Right now really can't afford to lose another $112 so going to wait and maybe research other internet security programs more.

Welcome. If this issue is not readily resolvable, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

Thanks for the offer, but luckily was able to get it uninstalled. As I told PhilipMarkXO, right now really can't afford to lose another $112 to buy Kaspersky again.

Now got the Total Security working, when I tried the second time it was asking me to buy another Activation code, but now its accepting the one that came with it.

Edited by Wispr

Seems like there's something broken with your OS that blocks from running programs normally, from installing and running as it should. Kaspersky should honour you and refund you or give you a new key to use for the whole period you bought it for.

Kaspersky Secure Connection is worth it for its value and I'm surprised not too many people know about it (Google's popular results don't include KSC), so the way I found it was by trying KSC trial (200mb per day) and then look up how much the subscription would cost me. It's really well hidden, I'd say. Hopefully when KSC is available on Android/iOS they'll make it more visible for everyone.

Edited by PhilipMarcXO

Seems like there's something broken with your OS that blocks from running programs normally, from installing and running as it should. Kaspersky should honour you and refund you or give you a new key to use for the whole period you bought it for.

Kaspersky Secure Connection is worth it for its value and I'm surprised not too many people know about it (Google's popular results don't include KSC), so the way I found it was by trying KSC trial (200mb per day) and then look up how much the subscription would cost me. It's really well hidden, I'd say. Hopefully when KSC is available on Android/iOS they'll make it more visible for everyone.

Who knows where the fault lies, seriously just happy that the Total Security is working, though oddly enough after installing it I now again have Secure Connection. Not sure what's up with that. But I'm missing The Web Browser Security Check + Smart Registry Cleaner. Just washing my hands of the missing stuff and very leery of using the secure connections.

I'm looking at it this way, I'm only out around $50 since that's what I paid for the Secure Connection and The Web Browser Security Check + Smart Registry Cleaner beyond the $60 for Total Security. I rather lose $50 to Kaspersky then the $112 that I had originally thought was down the drain.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.