whoisrich

Anti-Cryptor Protection Scope [In progress]

Setting up a central policy for file servers with "Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server".

There is an anti-crypto section, where you can choose "Only specified shared folders", then "Add protection scope".

The inclusions seems to allow both a local drive path "C:\Folder\Shared" and UNC paths like "\\SERVER\ShareName".

- Are both valid and would work?

- With a local path, will it protect host CNAME and all share names for that folder?

- With a UNC path, will it protect host CNAME and all share names for the folder under that path?

- Are the entries cAsE SenSitiVe?

- Is there a recommended way to trigger the protection in order to test the settings are working?

Regards,

Rich.

If you want to test protection on fileshares, I can recommend to download the (free) tool 'AEC Crypt'.

Install it on a client then right click on a folder on a shared drive and select Encrypt.

When I tested, I managed to encrypt 5 files before protection kicked in - then connection was dropped and the 5 files were restored automatically and the client was denied access to the file server for X amount of minutes.

Quite brilliant :-)

Unless I am missing something obvious, that link does not answer any of my questions.

Also the Administrator Guide PDF does not cover my questions.

Please see attached screenshot for the setting in question.

- How does Kaspersky match the paths to the server?

- Do these paths support wildcard matching or it do partial matching? ( \\SERVER\Share\* etc )

post-109848-1497620126.png

Edited by whoisrich

Unless I am missing something obvious, that link does not answer any of my questions.

Also the Administrator Guide PDF does not cover my questions.

Please see attached screenshot for the setting in question.

- How does Kaspersky match the paths to the server?

- Do these paths support wildcard matching or it do partial matching? ( \\SERVER\Share\* etc )

Hello,

You should use local paths there, not UNC paths. Also, if you have the latest public patch installed (http://support.kaspersky.ru/13463), it does support mask symbols in the path.