rhamblin

Auto USB Scanning [In progress]

In Kaspersky Endpoint protection SP2 for windows, I have turned on auto scanning of usb devices. So when a USB stick is inserted it is automatically scanned.

In Sp1 MR2 you could prevent a user cancelling this scan. I cannot find where to do this in SP2.

Anybody help?

Thanks

In Kaspersky Endpoint protection SP2 for windows, I have turned on auto scanning of usb devices. So when a USB stick is inserted it is automatically scanned.

In Sp1 MR2 you could prevent a user cancelling this scan. I cannot find where to do this in SP2.

Anybody help?

Thanks

Hello.

According to the developers, this is the designed behavior in this version due to the change in the way such a scan is performed. However, we realize that it may be unwanted to allow the user to be notified that the scan task is running and stop it, which is why a private fix has been released that modifies this task to run in non-interactive mode (with no progress bar appearing) in the background. The patch number is pf3018, and it can be obtained by request via CompanyAccount.

Thank you.

Hello.

According to the developers, this is the designed behavior in this version due to the change in the way such a scan is performed. However, we realize that it may be unwanted to allow the user to be notified that the scan task is running and stop it, which is why a private fix has been released that modifies this task to run in non-interactive mode (with no progress bar appearing) in the background. The patch number is pf3018, and it can be obtained by request via CompanyAccount.

Thank you.

This is bad news for me as well. In my environment, when a user is presented an opportunity to stop or prevent a task from running, s/he will!

Hello.

Thank you.

Although the progress bar doesn't appear anymore after installing pf3018, it still shows up in the Tasks list and can be stopped without having to enter a username and password. See attached. Is there a private fix to have it prompt for a username and password when the task is stopped?

post-113744-1497456857.jpg

Hi,

Could you please provide us with PF installation log?

Thank you!

It's too large to attach. I"ll pm the location of the file to KL CentralSupport.

It's too large to attach. I"ll pm the location of the file to KL CentralSupport.

Hello!

Could you please describe, what user has started the installation?

Thanks!

Hello!

Could you please describe, what user has started the installation?

Thanks!

Initially, I installed it with a standard user account. I reinstalled it with an admin account this morning but when I plug in a USB drive, it still shows up in the Tasks list and I can still stop it without a username and password. See attached.

post-113744-1497531370.jpg

Although the progress bar doesn't appear anymore after installing pf3018, it still shows up in the Tasks list and can be stopped without having to enter a username and password. See attached. Is there a private fix to have it prompt for a username and password when the task is stopped?

The existing patch is being reworked to hide the local task as well. We will let you know when it is available, or you can request an update via CompanyAccount (mentioning issue in progress 2233764).

Thank you.

The existing patch is being reworked to hide the local task as well. We will let you know when it is available, or you can request an update via CompanyAccount (mentioning issue in progress 2233764).

Thank you.

Thank you. Please let me know when it becomes available.

Thank you.

Are we there, yet? :)

On 6/15/2017 at 6:42 PM, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

Thank you.

I am also facing the same issue in KES SP2. Kindly update , if any patches are release.

Thank you

6 minutes ago, sharvan said:

I am also facing the same issue in KES SP2. Kindly update , if any patches are release.

Thank you

Newer patch has been released as pf3063.

As mentioned earlier, you can request it via CompanyAccount.

Thank you.