• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting (click here to read the full text RU/EN)   09/20/2017

Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published. || По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.
Arsenal123

Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes 3 work together?

Has anyone got both Malwarebytes 3 and Kaspersky Internet Security can they confirm they work together without problems

Hi Arsenal 123,

Just installed Kaspersky for first time. Having problem with Kaspersky knocking out MBAM premium real time protection every now and again. Think it was Kaspersky rootkit scan which seemed to scan each day so disabled it for now. Tried excluding MBAM but not sure which settings to exclude.

Has anyone got both Malwarebytes 3 and Kaspersky Internet Security can they confirm they work together without problems

Hi Arsenal 123,

Just installed Kaspersky for first time. Having problem with Kaspersky knocking out MBAM premium real time protection every now and again. Think it was Kaspersky rootkit scan which seemed to scan each day so disabled it for now. Tried excluding MBAM but not sure which settings to exclude.

Yes.

Hi, just posted a reply in this thread. I am using MBAM 3.0.6 premium. As I outlined Kaspersky Rootkit scan seems to be knocking out MBAM real time protection. What MBAM files should I set in exclusions ? Kaspersky seems to prevent entering any drivers as do not appear when I browse to drivers. Just installed Kaspersky Internet Security (2017) for first time. Not used it before.

Hi, just posted a reply in this thread. I am using MBAM 3.0.6 premium. As I outlined Kaspersky Rootkit scan seems to be knocking out MBAM real time protection. What MBAM files should I set in exclusions ? Kaspersky seems to prevent entering any drivers as do not appear when I browse to drivers. Just installed Kaspersky Internet Security (2017) for first time. Not used it before.

try and download the updated version here

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/20063...-now-available/

after this you wan to check this out as well

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/20205...10139-released/

Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions: Files to be added to A/V Exclusions List https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/19165...comment-1133327

This list is specific to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.x.

Exclude the following folders: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware

• C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Exclude the following files:

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

• C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

Edited by sparkyspark

Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions: Files to be added to A/V Exclusions List https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/19165...comment-1133327

This list is specific to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.x.

Exclude the following folders: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware

• C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Exclude the following files:

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

• C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

Hi, Sparksyspark,

Thankyou for the information. The problem I have encountered is that the drivers do not appear in Kaspersky when browsing to exclude them. They appear in Windows 10 File Explorer OK but using Kaspersky browse they are not listed. I am using Kaspersky Internet security 2017. The MBAM Program files appear and I have excluded them. Any explanation, advice welcome. I am not that tech savvy and have just recently installed Kaspersky.

Hi, Sparksyspark,

Thankyou for the information. The problem I have encountered is that the drivers do not appear in Kaspersky when browsing to exclude them. They appear in Windows 10 File Explorer OK but using Kaspersky browse they are not listed. I am using Kaspersky Internet security 2017. The MBAM Program files appear and I have excluded them. Any explanation, advice welcome. I am not that tech savvy and have just recently installed Kaspersky.

Have you upgraded Malwarebytes like I recommended? If not do so link is here

If this doesn't work try uninstalling then reinstalling both Malwarebytes and Internet Security (one at a time)

Also create an account on the Malwarebytes forum

Edited by Arsenal123

Hi, Sparksyspark,

I cant get the drivers to show up either. How can they be excluded? I've got another question to. Does anybody know if all these files need to be excluded even if someone is just using the free version of Malwarebytes? Any help would be appreciated.

Have you upgraded Malwarebytes like I recommended? If not do so link is here

If this doesn't work try uninstalling then reinstalling both Malwarebytes and Internet Security (one at a time)

Also create an account on the Malwarebytes forum

Hi,

I have upgraded MBAM as you recommended (Usually receive a notification of upgrade but must have missed it ).

It is definitely the Kaspersky Rootkit scan that knocks out MBAM Realtime Protection. I have disabled it for now. Wonder if the MBAM rootkit scan would conflict with Kaspersky ?

I see someone else has a similar problem finding the MBAM drivers with Kaspersky browse. They still don't show up when I browse. I am already registered on the MBAM forum.

I have contacted MBAM support about this issue ( they recommended the same exclusions) waiting to hear back from them about the missing driver issue. They suggested I may be able to copy and paste but that doesn't seem to work. I don't want to mess about too much as not very Tech savvy. I have not uninstalled Kaspersky not sure if it would solve problem.

Hi,

I have upgraded MBAM as you recommended (Usually receive a notification of upgrade but must have missed it ).

It is definitely the Kaspersky Rootkit scan that knocks out MBAM Realtime Protection. I have disabled it for now. Wonder if the MBAM rootkit scan would conflict with Kaspersky ?

I see someone else has a similar problem finding the MBAM drivers with Kaspersky browse. They still don't show up when I browse. I am already registered on the MBAM forum.

I have contacted MBAM support about this issue ( they recommended the same exclusions) waiting to hear back from them about the missing driver issue. They suggested I may be able to copy and paste but that doesn't seem to work. I don't want to mess about too much as not very Tech savvy. I have not uninstalled Kaspersky not sure if it would solve problem.

I've tried to cut and paste them as well and it doesn't work. We'll see what the folks at MBAM have to say about it. It seems we cant do the exclusions if we cant select them.

I've upgraded my desktop just to have a look at the new Malwarebytes 3, uninstalling version 2 first using the clean tool and doing a clean install of version 3 Premium with a Lifetime Licence.

I added the missing exclusions by manually copying and pasting the text only into the File or Folder box using just the name/path only eg: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys

Trying to browse them through the Kaspersky browser as we already know does not show up the path/options for the below:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

But doing each one manually by copy and pasting the above text only then gives you the option to add them, the text or driver will not copy and paste directly from the Windows System32 Drivers folder.

I'm using KIS Total Security on Windows 7, try it and see if it works for you

Edited by sparkyspark

I've manually cut and pasted the file paths and it seems to have worked. I could have sworn I did that before though. Anyway, thanks for the assistance sparkyspark.

Sorry to Hijack this posting,

I have MB 3.3 and KIS 2017 and been suggested by Malwarebytes to add certain items to be excluded.

I have no problems listing the ****.exe files. But cannot add to the exclusions the files from the system32/drivers/.

No matter how I try copy and paste from Windows/System32/drivers to the Exclusions in Kaspersky, cannot be done.

Anyone could they show how or a link showing how to do it.

Strange though, having Kaspersky for some 6 months and Malwarebytes for 2 years, nothing has caused any problems until MB3 came out.

I asked Kaspersky support how to do it for KIS 2018.

The reply....

"To set up exclusion for the driver .sys files please access Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions > Exclusions > Manage exclusions, click on 'Add' and instead of browsing for the file, please type in (or paste) the Malwarebytes Driver file path. For example paste: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys and then confirm the exclusion."

and then....

"Please do not click on 'Browse' and then paste the path, but rather paste the path in the File or folder entry box, on the 'Add new exclusion'."

It worked for me.

Edited by keverne
Update text

If you don't want to be bothered with having to fiddle around to enable compatibilty,  you can do what I do and let KIS take care of antivirus protection and use Malwarebytes free edition purely as a back up scanner for pups and puas.

I run both Malwarebytes 3.2.2 and KIS2018 in real time without setting any exclusions.

The only issue I've had from time to time is KIS blocking the Malwarebytes tray icon - the programme itself is still running.

But that now seems to have resolved itself for the moment.

:rolleyes: Hi guys! if may I add my 0.50 ctvs on this issue : I do have installed KIS -2018 and MBAM 3.2.2

All in all the 2-Programs works well together, occasionally the MBAM app display a pop up

from the bottom - Left desktop corner that  --MBAM Real Time Protection it Turned off--

but Restarting the PC get fixed - For few weeks more..that's the only bug detected

I don't discourage those users, who want to Setup MBAM exclusions in order to get it work

properly. But overall these changes, cause side effects : Anyway let's discuss further the topic

On 11/13/2017 at 7:39 PM, keverne said:

I asked Kaspersky support how to do it for KIS 2018.

The reply....

"To set up exclusion for the driver .sys files please access Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions > Exclusions > Manage exclusions, click on 'Add' and instead of browsing for the file, please type in (or paste) the Malwarebytes Driver file path. For example paste: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys and then confirm the exclusion."

and then....

"Please do not click on 'Browse' and then paste the path, but rather paste the path in the File or folder entry box, on the 'Add new exclusion'."

It worked for me.

I'm sure I've done as above and the folders/files done as told by Malwarebytes to stop this tripping of 'Real-Time Protection turned off' with MB3.3.

As its happened again, but if I restart the Laptop as some suggest. All is OK till the next time...........