Sign in to follow this  
Yasir Shehzad

Whitelist .bat files in KES10SP1MR2/MR3 [In progress]

Hi,

I enabled the default deny in KES10SP1MR2/MR3 and white-listed some files based on the category and hashes.

hashes includes .exe and .bat files.

.exe files are working properly after white-listing and putting default deny but .bat files are still getting failed.

I tried even by putting the whole folder where these .bat files are placed but still it is getting blocked. How I can white-list the .bat files?

Is there any compatibility issue of KES10SP1MR2/MR3 with .bat files?

Regards,

Yasir

Hi,

I enabled the default deny in KES10SP1MR2/MR3 and white-listed some files based on the category and hashes.

hashes includes .exe and .bat files.

.exe files are working properly after white-listing and putting default deny but .bat files are still getting failed.

I tried even by putting the whole folder where these .bat files are placed but still it is getting blocked. How I can white-list the .bat files?

Is there any compatibility issue of KES10SP1MR2/MR3 with .bat files?

Regards,

Yasir

Hello.

Startup Control for scripts, batch files and DLL modules by hash has been implemented in KES SP2.

It is suggested that you upgrade to this version in order to be able to properly utilize this functionality.

Thank you.

Since KSC 10.2.434 has limited support, we are unable to escalate this issue as a possible product error.

It is suggested that you deploy KES 10 SP1 MR3 distribution as a workaround.

The distribution can be downloaded here: http://aes.kaspersky-labs.com/english/endp...s/kes10windows/

Thank you.

Hi,

I am using the new KSC 10.4.343 and as I stated that I am using both versions KES 10 SP1 MR2 and KES 10 SP1 MR3.

Is the issue in KES10SP1MR2?

Regards,

Yasir

Hello.

Startup Control for scripts, batch files and DLL modules by hash has been implemented in KES SP2.

It is suggested that you upgrade to this version in order to be able to properly utilize this functionality.

Thank you.

Hi,

Is it removed from KES10SP1MR2/MR3. Please confirm?

Regards,

Yasir

Hi,

Is it removed from KES10SP1MR2/MR3. Please confirm?

Regards,

Yasir

Please clarify the question.

Managing startup of batch files and scripts using hash is a feature that has been introduced in SP2.

In previous versions, you can try adding batch files by name or path (less safe).

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.