Palo_Pd

Rescue disk error check: File system broken?

Hi there,

I have download Rescue Disk 10 and try to install as explained on the sit, but the install program doesn't work at all.

Thus I have try to install Rescue disk on usb using Linux in this way:

1) I celan up everything inside the USb Stick:

dd count=1 bs=512 if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdd

Then formatted the stick with Gparted to fat32 and thdn burn with:

2)

dd if=/home/tito/Scaricati/kav_rescue_10.iso of=/dev/sdd bs=4M; sync

3) after finished, reboot the pc and start with the pen drive. Everything seems to work fine, but after login and chosen graphic mode I have got this error:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=16s5xy&s=9

thus try to understand the error I have checked the MD5Sum and I have found that is image has different MD5sum from what is displayed on the site like this:

while in the site the check number is : 1e2c1116139f85290b4353858a79503c

Any solution??

Thanks

Thanks

post-628930-1495353528.png

post-628930-1495354032.png

Edited by Diesis

You had corrupted a boot loader by using a DD command. Try to use alternative program that specifically for making ISO images.

Also check out your /etc/fstab since you had modified the original block devices. Your INIT is being killed because /dev/sr* device is not found.

You had corrupted a boot loader by using a DD command. Try to use alternative program that specifically for making ISO images.

Also check out your /etc/fstab since you had modified the original block devices. Your INIT is being killed because /dev/sr* device is not found.

Thank you for your advice, but I have tried also to use the way recommended by the support page in Windows Xp, but everytime I try I get an'error: bad file system .

a08290.jpg

acr4no.jpg

>>ut I have tried also to use the way recommended by the support page in Windows Xp, but everytime I try I get an'error: bad file system .

Which support page is that?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.