Sign in to follow this  
esnollet

Windows 10 with Kasp Total Security

I've tried many fixes from microsoft support and still cannot update Windows 10. This seems to have been happening since 5/14/17. Could Kaspersky have anything to do with the update failures? Thanks. Elaine

I've tried many fixes from microsoft support and still cannot update Windows 10. This seems to have been happening since 5/14/17. Could Kaspersky have anything to do with the update failures? Thanks. Elaine

Hi

I had the same problem and have sent Trace files to tech support to fully resolve the problem. I say 'had' the same problem because I partially resolved the problem myself, and hopefully, tech support can fully resolve it.

To determine the problem was related to KTS, I first disabled KTS and tried to update, but the update failed. I then exited KTS completely and then found windows could update successfully.

Then, in my case, I found the Win10 update failure was related to 'Encrypted Connections Scanning' - the path is: GUI > settings > additional > network.

Specifically, ensure that 'Always scan encrypted connections' is not enabled (I have mine set to scan encrypted connections upon request...), then try to update windows again. If that doesn't work, reboot with 'Always scan encrypted connections' not selected, and try again.

I hope that helps and will post tech supports full resolution to the problem if they provide one (i.e. being able to update windows even with always scan... selected, as I could do previously).

PS Before I found it was related to the aforementioned scanning, tech supports advice was to turn off the protection components and turn them on one by one, repeating the update process between each component turned on (to determine if it's related to a specific component). You could try that if the scanning option doesn't work.

Edited by totallybaffled

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.