• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
minty1978

KES SP2 10.3.0.6294 - Unable to connect to server - fresh install [In progress]

Hi All,

We recently migrated our Kaspersky estate to a new server, with a new name.

I backed up the settings from the old server, and restored them to the new one. Then ran a task to get the endpoints to contact the new server. That part is all working as expected.

The issue I am getting is when I install a newly created KES package (from the new server) on an endpoint, it fails at the point 'Checking admin server for connection.'

After this, the installation stops.

I have attached the install log file in the hope that you might be able to see what I am missing?

Thanks, Stephen

_klpkinst.zip

Hi All,

We recently migrated our Kaspersky estate to a new server, with a new name.

I backed up the settings from the old server, and restored them to the new one. Then ran a task to get the endpoints to contact the new server. That part is all working as expected.

The issue I am getting is when I install a newly created KES package (from the new server) on an endpoint, it fails at the point 'Checking admin server for connection.'

After this, the installation stops.

I have attached the install log file in the hope that you might be able to see what I am missing?

Thanks, Stephen

Hello,

please state the exact builds of KSC server, agents and KES.

Thank you.

Hello,

please state the exact builds of KSC server, agents and KES.

Thank you.

Hi Dmitry,

KSC - 10.4.343

KES - 10.3.0.6294

KNA - 10.4.343

Thanks, Stephen

Hi Dmitry,

KSC - 10.4.343

KES - 10.3.0.6294

KNA - 10.4.343

Thanks, Stephen

We found an error:

17.05.2017 14:25:51.595 00001B94.00001AA4 L1 KLPKGI: Try to read [Localization]/IDS_PKINST_ERROR_OCCURED from ini file C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\{f788d131-c9f0-413c-b232-664ea7b1d675}\setup.ini.

Did you edit ini file in installation package ?

Thank you.

We found an error:

17.05.2017 14:25:51.595 00001B94.00001AA4 L1 KLPKGI: Try to read [Localization]/IDS_PKINST_ERROR_OCCURED from ini file C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\{f788d131-c9f0-413c-b232-664ea7b1d675}\setup.ini.

Did you edit ini file in installation package ?

Thank you.

Hi Dmitry, Not that I recall. Would it be best to rebuild the package and try again?

Hi,

Please recreate the package, but it would be great if you also re-download distributive for it.

Thank you

Hi Nikolay,

I am one step closer, the package now installs, but still fails to reach the KSC.

I have attached the log for that.

The strange thing is, if I ping the server name SRVCHELTENHAM, I get a response, albeit an ipv6 address.

I have attached the KLNAGCHK.log file.

Thanks, Stephen

klnagchk.log

Hi Nikolay,

I am one step closer, the package now installs, but still fails to reach the KSC.

I have attached the log for that.

The strange thing is, if I ping the server name SRVCHELTENHAM, I get a response, albeit an ipv6 address.

I have attached the KLNAGCHK.log file.

Thanks, Stephen

Hi,

Could you please provide screenshot of the properties of the agent installation package, Connection section.

Thank you!

Hi,

Could you please provide screenshot of the properties of the agent installation package, Connection section.

Thank you!

Hi Konstantin,

Ooops, I hadnt spotted that. :dash1: I'll change that, rebuild the package, and try again on monday.

Stephen

Hi Konstantin,

Ooops, I hadnt spotted that. :dash1: I'll change that, rebuild the package, and try again on monday.

Stephen

Hello,

wait result from you.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for that info!

Do you think we can mark that topic is solved?

Hi Nikolay, I am happy that this can be marked as solved.