andi.bogdani

Kaspersky Security Mail Gateway with Zimbra [In progress]

Hello everybody

I need to configure KSMG with Zimbra but i cant connect it with the MTA. After the configuration of KSMG what should i change to Zimbra MTA ?

Thanks

In fact, Zimbra is based on Postfix and works flawless with KSMG. While this is not explicitly stated in KMGS documentation.
We tested this setup for over 1K users. The detailed configuration depends of your mail routing setup, in general you could configure:

1. Configure KSMG to receive mail for your domains
2. Configure KSMG to forward mail from your Zimbra ("trust" Zimbra IP)

3. Configure Zimbra to receive filtered mail from KMSG (https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/ZimbraMtaMyNetworks)
Zimbra Web Administration > Configure > Global Settings > MTA > Inbound SMTP host name > your_KSMG_hostname
Zimbra Web Administration > Configure > Global Settings > MTA > Trusted Networks > your_KSMG_ip_address

4. Configure Zimbra to send outgoing mail via KMSG (https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Sending_mail_through_an_external_relay)
Zimbra Web Administration > Configure > Global Settings > MTA > Relay MTA for External Delivery > your_KSMG_hostname and port 25

5. KSMG mark every email message with special Headers ( X-KSMG-AntiSpam-Status...etc). You should configute Zimbra to understand this headers and act appropriately.
The easy way is to tell Zimbra to check this Headers during spamassassin check.
So, create file /opt/zimbra/data/spamassassin/localrules/ksmg.cf

header KSMG_SPAM X-KSMG-AntiSpam-Status =~ /^spam/
score KSMG_SPAM 10

header KSMG_MASSMAIL X-KSMG-AntiSpam-Status =~ /^mass_mail/
score KSMG_MASSMAIL 10

Thanks to this file, Zimbra Spamassasin will add +10 points score to messages, that detected by KLMS as "spam".
It is sufficient for message automatically go to folder "Spam" in user mailbox.
The other way is simple delete and archive message at KSMG gateway (then you dont need this file).

6.  Restart Zimbra, check if all going ok.
7. Change domain MX records appropriately, as all incoming mail now should go from internet to KLMS first.
8. Change domain SPF, DMARK, DKIM appropriately (if there're exist), as all outgoing mail now should go to internet from KLMS.

Edited by seaowl
typo KSMG

Hi

Will that still apply to Zimbra 8.8? 

Also how much does the Ksmg more or less cost? Can it be installed on a physical machine with Ubuntu?

6 часов назад, bulletxt сказал:

Will that still apply to Zimbra 8.8? 

Yes, that works in Zimbra 8.8. We use KSMG with Zimbra for two years, and we like it a lot (both).

Does KSMG support limiting outbound emails sending?  So for example, can I configure that   user@mydomain.com can send max 1000 emails each 24 hours?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.