Henry2017

Bugs i have found in kaspersky_anti_ransomware_tool_for_business_1.1.24.0_en

I tested the Software in Windows 7 with all Security patches available from Microsoft - so i would like to inform you what i have figured out.

1. If i install the software manually from Desktop as a admin user - the software can be uninstalled form the add/remove menu in system control - but if i install the software under user "system context" from a deployment solution - the entry in add/remove software was not there !! (only in the start menu)

2. If i make a Remote Desktop connection to a computer with kaspersky_anti_ransomware_tool_for_business_1.1.24.0_en - the logoff procedure takes very long (more the 40 seconds) - in Event log i can see the following lines in the Application log

Warning - User Profile Service - event ID 1530 - Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.

3. The Anti Ransomware solution does not run on XP or Vista - but i can install it on these systems

4. When i install the Anti-Ransomware Tool as admin -every User can Change the mail settings

5. there is no button to test the mail settings - which is very annoying

6. There was no command line interface to control the Settings

7. i had a false positive -i thought i would get an E-Mail alert - but the there there was no alert in admins postbox - perhaps i must wait a week

Kind regards Henry

I tested the Software in Windows 7 with all Security patches available from Microsoft - so i would like to inform you what i have figured out.

1. If i install the software manually from Desktop as a admin user - the software can be uninstalled form the add/remove menu in system control - but if i install the software under user "system context" from a deployment solution - the entry in add/remove software was not there !! (only in the start menu)

2. If i make a Remote Desktop connection to a computer with kaspersky_anti_ransomware_tool_for_business_1.1.24.0_en - the logoff procedure takes very long (more the 40 seconds) - in Event log i can see the following lines in the Application log

Warning - User Profile Service - event ID 1530 - Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.

3. The Anti Ransomware solution does not run on XP or Vista - but i can install it on these systems

4. When i install the Anti-Ransomware Tool as admin -every User can Change the mail settings

5. there is no button to test the mail settings - which is very annoying

6. There was no command line interface to control the Settings

7. i had a false positive -i thought i would get an E-Mail alert - but the there there was no alert in admins postbox - perhaps i must wait a week

Kind regards Henry

Hello!

Please collect the traces while reproducing the problems.

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.