• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting   09/20/2017

По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.  || Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published.
fernando182

KES10SP2 - Executable files is empty [In progress]

Hello,

I installed KSC10SP2MR1 + KES10SP2 on some customers and I noticed that "Executable files" is empty in all of them. It is empty in both sides (KSC and in the properties of a computer). And yes, I marked the checkbox "About startup applications" in KES10SP2 Policy.

Is this a known issue?

Anyone else check this in your environment?

Thank you.

Edited by Fernando182

Hi,

Could you please clarify what version of Netwok Agent is used?

Could you please confirm that Application startup control is installed and enabled?

Thank you!

Hi,

Could you please clarify what version of Netwok Agent is used?

Could you please confirm that Application startup control is installed and enabled?

Thank you!

These installation are new, so network agent is the same version of KSC (10.4.343);

Application startup control is installed but not enabled (that is the default after creating the policy).

These installation are new, so network agent is the same version of KSC (10.4.343);

Application startup control is installed but not enabled (that is the default after creating the policy).

Hello.

Application Startup Control is reponsible for collecting information about executable files and linking them with the application entries. Unless you have it enabled, have the option "Notify Administration server about started applications" turned on in KES policy, and perform the Inventory task, this is the expected behavior.

Thank you.

Hello.

Application Startup Control is reponsible for collecting information about executable files and linking them with the application entries. Unless you have it enabled, have the option "Notify Administration server about started applications" turned on in KES policy, and perform the Inventory task, this is the expected behavior.

Thank you.

Sorry, but I disagree.

One of the customers have some computers running Windows Vista, so I installed KES10SP1 MR3. The Application Startup Control is not enabled and I can see a list of executable files on the properties of this computers running Vista (without running Inventory task).

Before KES10SP2, I just turned on "inform about startup applications" on policy.

So, this behavior was changed in KES10SP2 or is a bug.

Regards,

Fernando.

Edited by Fernando182

Sorry, but I disagree.

One of the customers have some computers running Windows Vista, so I installed KES10SP1 MR3. The Application Startup Control is not enabled and I can see a list of executable files on the properties of this computers running Vista (without running Inventory task).

Before KES10SP2, I just turned on "inform about startup applications" on policy.

So, this behavior was changed in KES10SP2 or is a bug.

Regards,

Fernando.

Hello,

Please do the following just for troubleshooting reasons:

1. enable APC

2. perform an inventory task

3. check "Notify Administration server about started applications" in KES policy

Will executable files be in wished place ?

Thank you.

Hello,

Please do the following just for troubleshooting reasons:

1. enable APC

2. perform an inventory task

3. check "Notify Administration server about started applications" in KES policy

Will executable files be in wished place ?

Thank you.

Hello,

Yes, the list was filled up after running Inventory task.

Before KES10SP2 I needed only to check "Notify Administration server about started applications" in KES policy. Like I said above, I can see the list of the applications on "Executable files" (WITHOUT running inventory task) on properties of these computers running KES10SP1MR3.

As far as I know the inventory task is a way to accuracy the informations and/or to speed up the filled up about "Executable files".

But my question is: This behavior was changed in KES10SP2? Now in SP2 I need to run inventory task to fill that?

Best regards,

Fernando.

Hello,

Yes, the list was filled up after running Inventory task.

Before KES10SP2 I needed only to check "Notify Administration server about started applications" in KES policy. Like I said above, I can see the list of the applications on "Executable files" (WITHOUT running inventory task) on properties of these computers running KES10SP1MR3.

As far as I know the inventory task is a way to accuracy the informations and/or to speed up the filled up about "Executable files".

But my question is: This behavior was changed in KES10SP2? Now in SP2 I need to run inventory task to fill that?

Best regards,

Fernando.

Hello,

yes, inventory task is a necessary condition.

Thank you.

Hello,

yes, inventory task is a necessary condition.

Thank you.

Hello,

Sorry, but I can see this "change" on release notes and neither in known issues and limitations.

I insist, in the versions KES10 MR1, KES10SP1/MR1/MR2/MR3 the started up applications were notified to administration server just marking "about startup applications" on KES policy, in other words, I didn't need to run inventory task.

Best regards,

Fernando.

Anguel   

This is definitely a bug. This worked before SP2 but now the started applications are not transferred to the KSC anymore.

Running the inventory task manually does not solve all problems: I also have batch files on a server being blocked from start and they don't appear in the started applications list so I cannot add them to "trusted group" through privilege control. Arrgh.

The product is so complex and buggy that it is not usable anymore. I have spent so much time with all those bugs and new ones reappear with every update :-(

Anguel   

UPDATE: I turned on "Application Startup Control" and now it seems to populate the started apps list. However I find it still confusing as I don't use "Application Startup Control" but only "Application Privilege Control".

There are some overly-complex dependencies in this product that should be stated more clearly...

UPDATE: I turned on "Application Startup Control" and now it seems to populate the started apps list. However I find it still confusing as I don't use "Application Startup Control" but only "Application Privilege Control".

There are some overly-complex dependencies in this product that should be stated more clearly...

Application Startup Control is responsible for establishing connection between application registry and executable files registry. This is required to categorize applications and effectively control their startup and activity.

Thank you.