llucca

Kaspersky Security Center 10 Network Agent (10.4.343) installation [Solved] [2176998] [2246275]

We see Windows installer errors 2203 and 1316.

There are some issues in your network and installation package was probably corrupted during delivery process from KSC server to client.

Please try local installation.

Thank you.

If i make install with local msi, remove everything, install 10.3.407 is ok

install over 10.4.343 msiexec says that the same version is already setup

here the log in french:

MSI (s) (A8:10) [09:27:54:234]: Produit : Agent d'administration de Kaspersky Security Center 10 -- La configuration a échoué.

MSI (s) (A8:10) [09:27:54:234]: Windows Installer a reconfiguré le produit. Nom du produit : Agent d'administration de Kaspersky Security Center 10. Version du produit : 10.4.343. Langue du produit : 1036. Fabricant : AO Kaspersky Lab. Réussite de la reconfiguration ou état d’erreur : 1638.

Une autre version de ce produit est déjà installée. L’installation de cette version ne peut pas continuer. Pour configurer ou supprimer la version existante de ce produit utilisez Ajout/Suppression de programmes depuis le Panneau de configuration.
{2924BEDA-E0D7-4DAF-A224-50D2E0B12F5B}

10.3 msi info:

rev: {D121C664-916B-4F8C-8C04-311410FA169D}

size:31,9 mo

14.4 msi info

rev:{12CD5AF1-B1BF-421B-A476-FC36129D6B55}

size: 34.5 mo

Hi,

I'm using version of security center: 10.4.343 and I have installed the new agent version without problems.

I'm using the console in English, not in Spanish.

Best regards

i have the same problem with french version do deploy it over 10.3.407. but error code is 1603 with something like account already exist in setup.log

It seems that msi have the guid so is cannot be re install over the same version.

If i make a task to remove 10.3.407 before 10.4.343 setup is working.

the console msi have the product code also.

If possible, please collect a GSI report on one of the hosts where you encounter this error (before uninstalling anything) and provide it.

Thank you.

Hello, we're saving the same issue. Also, the silent install is no longer working with the new network agent.

Analysis shows that the name of the msi package was changed before the installation, which is not a supported installation scenario.

To resolve, change the value of PackageName in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\ADEB42927D0EFAD42A42052D0E1BF2B5\SourceList]

to Kaspersky Network Agent.msi

After that, you should be able to upgrade. If the installation still fails, uninstall Network Agent of the previous version and install 10.4.343.

Thank you.

Hi,

We are having problems to update from Kaspersky network agent 10.3.407 to 10.4.343.

We are installing it via the MSI file.

It fails with 1638:

MSI (s) (28:AC) [00:23:11:097]: Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Kaspersky Security Center 10 Network Agent. Product Version: 10.4.343. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: AO Kaspersky Lab. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1638.

MSI (s) (28:AC) [00:23:11:102]: MainEngineThread is returning 1638

MSI (s) (28:E4) [00:23:11:102]: No System Restore sequence number for this installation.

Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.

{BCF4CF24-88AB-45E1-A6E6-40C8278A70C5}

Any advise?

Thank you

msi_logs.zip

Hi,

We are having problems to update from Kaspersky network agent 10.3.407 to 10.4.343.

We are installing it via the MSI file.

It fails with 1638:

Any advise?

Thank you

How many computers have this problem? Please provide full GSI report.

Thank you!

How did you perform the installation? Locally, with standalone package or remotely through KSC?

Thank you!

Hi,

I performed the installation locally (sans KSC), I copied the netagent msi from the "klshare" SMB share, it is the English version of netagent.

# 10.3.407, MD5 (Kaspersky Network Agent.msi) = 831f8ba3d89c3fcdaa653b90b414f68d

msiexec /i "Kaspersky Network Agent.msi" /QN /NORESTART DONT_USE_ANSWER_FILE=1 LAUNCHPROGRAM=1 USESSL=1 SERVERADDRESS=sub.domain.tld SERVERPORT=13000

# 10.4.343, MD5 (Kaspersky Network Agent.msi) = 9fc0aff04d0e2268f655cde0b1cc1660

msiexec /i "Kaspersky Network Agent.msi" /QN /NORESTART DONT_USE_ANSWER_FILE=1 LAUNCHPROGRAM=1 USESSL=1 SERVERADDRESS=sub.domain.tld SERVERPORT=13000 EULA=1

Edited by lubyou

Hi,

I performed the installation locally (sans KSC), I copied the netagent msi from the "klshare" SMB share, it is the English version of netagent.

Hello,

please uninstall the previous network agent - http://support.kaspersky.com/13088

Try to install the latest version of network agent.

If installation fails, please attach installation logs, ak_cleaner-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS.log from abovementioned article and a screen shot of error message.

Thank you.

Hello,

please uninstall the previous network agent - http://support.kaspersky.com/13088

Try to install the latest version of network agent.

If installation fails, please attach installation logs, ak_cleaner-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS.log from abovementioned article and a screen shot of error message.

Thank you.

Hi,

I can install 10.4.343 just fine if I remove 10.3.407 via msiexec or the cleaner.exe.

Ideally, one would be able to just update from 10.3.407 to 10.4.343 without uninstalling 10.3.407 first.

We have a few customers that are only reachable via network agent, and for those customers uninstalling 10.3.407 first would not be possible, because if I uninstall 10.3.407, how am I supposed to install 10.4.343 via the network agent if there is no network agent?

Thank you

Edited by lubyou

Hi,

I can install 10.4.343 just fine if I remove 10.3.407 via msiexec or the cleaner.exe.

Ideally, one would be able to just update from 10.3.407 to 10.4.343 without uninstalling 10.3.407 first.

We have a few customers that are only reachable via network agent, and for those customers uninstalling 10.3.407 first would not be possible, because if I uninstall 10.3.407, how am I supposed to install 10.4.343 via the network agent if there is no network agent?

Thank you

Hello!

It is actually possible to install the new version over the old one.

Could you please attach the installation logs, as it was asked by Dmitry?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you

Hello!

Thanks!

Hello!

Thanks!

Hello!

Thanks!

Hi, I have installed the new version over the old. Anyway, if you uninstall the old version you can install the new using windows resources.

Best regards

Hi, I have installed the new version over the old. Anyway, if you uninstall the old version you can install the new using windows resources.

Best regards

Hello!

Yes, you can install KES via Windows means, like AD group policy.

Anyway, both clean installation and update are possible this way: http://support.kaspersky.com/10943

Thanks!

Hello!

Thanks!

Hi,

Please find the logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0o3kaxcphoigsc/logs.zip?dl=0

I removed the network agent via control panel, then installed netagent 10.3.407, and then attempted to install 10.4.343.

The installation of 10.4.343 failed.

I then used cleaner.exe twice, once with /uc and another time with the /pc switch.

I then was able to install 10.4.343.

Thank you!

Hi,

Please find the logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0o3kaxcphoigsc/logs.zip?dl=0

I removed the network agent via control panel, then installed netagent 10.3.407, and then attempted to install 10.4.343.

The installation of 10.4.343 failed.

I then used cleaner.exe twice, once with /uc and another time with the /pc switch.

I then was able to install 10.4.343.

Thank you!

Unfortunately the folders with Network Agent installation logs were empty.

Please check if the logs were created.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the folders with Network Agent installation logs were empty.

Please check if the logs were created.

Thanks!

Hi,

I was surprised about that, too.

They were indeed empty.

post-546081-1497358972.png

Edited by lubyou

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.