mary7

KIS2017 patch D, E and Windows Creator Update

Hi, from April 11 there will be the Windows Creators Update in users like me that have Windows 10 Anniversary Red Stone, I would like to know if KIS2017 is

prepared for this update or if there will be some limitations in the protection as has happened this summer with the Anniversary Red Stone

Someone knows something?

Thanks

Hi,

If you have patch D then yes. Kaspersky still working on releasing patches in future so there will be no problem.

Patch D changelog:

Patch D for Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 was released on March 13, 2017.

Patch D is installed automatically with the database update of Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 version 17.0.0.611. It adds the support of the RS2 update for Windows 10 and Mozilla Firefox version 49.02 and fixes the following:

Error blocking adult content.

Issue of restoring the deleted icon for Kaspersky Secure Connection on Desktop after upgrading Kaspersky Internet Security.

Error restoring default settings of Kaspersky Internet Security after upgrading to the new product version.

Error in the protection against screenshots component.

Error while loading images on Facebook.

Incompatibility with VipNet.

Temporary disconnection from the Internet while Kaspersky Internet Security is running.

Error loading the 192.168.1.1 router page.

Error running components 2252603408.

Stopping to respond while scanning a .pst file.

Some interface issues.

yes I have patch D so with the new Windows Creator Update there will be not limitations of protection?

Version 2016 will support RS2 Creators Update, so version 2017 will probably be all good/ok/fine.

Поддержка RS2 будет и для 16ой версии.

so KIS2017 with patch D has no limitation with the new Creators Update of Windows 10, yes?

Thanks for all Your replies

I read today that with the Windows Creators Update RS2 there will be these limitations with KIS2017

After the process has been completed, protection will resume, but the following component may work with limitations if the drivers do not support Windows 10:

Self-Defense of the product UI and protection of the product's processes at their startup.

System Watcher.

Detection and disinfection of malware in the system memory.

Protection against cryptolockers and ransomware.

In the Safe Money component, protection will not work for information in the clipboard, protection against screenshots will be disabled, and the Protected Browser process will not be protected against external attacks.

In the Application Control component, custom rules may not be applied to applications, categorization of tile applications in Windows, protection of Microsoft Edge.

Trusted Applications mode will work with limitations related to compatibility with Program Data Updater.

Protection against the attacks of the type Time-of-Check Time-of-Use (TOCTOU).

In the italian forum there is write that with Patch E these limitations will be fixed. There is a release date for this Patch?

The windows RS2 will be release on April 11 so I hope that Patch E will be release before that date

Only KL knows the exact release dates and timelines. You can reach out to them via my.kaspersky.com and ask.

Edited by Whizard

Hello,

KIS 17.0.0.611 (d)

Yesterday I installed the Creators Update from the Microsoft Website. This is not a beta or Insider release but available thru the Media Creation Tool. I did a clean install. While using Safe Money I am getting an orange border around the protected browser and the notice that Protection against screenshots is disabled.

Will this be fixed in Patch E?

Thanks

When going into safe mode with Patch D the 'driver for protection against screenshots is disabled'

post-360261-1491470993.jpg

Since yesterday, April 5, the Creators Update is available for manual install; Windows Creators Update manual install

So, when does Kaspersky come with an update so that everything should work accordingly?

Hello,

KIS 17.0.0.611 (d)

Yesterday I installed the upgrade for Windows10, 1703.15063. I did a clean install. While using Safe Money I am getting an orange border around the protected browser and the notice that Protection against screenshots is disabled. All seting datas are correct.

What is the problem?

Will this be fixed in the next Patch?

Thanks

--------------------

Win 10 Home x64,

Hello,

KIS 17.0.0.611 (d)

Yesterday I installed the upgrade for Windows10, 1703.15063. I did a clean install. While using Safe Money I am getting an orange border around the protected browser and the notice that Protection against screenshots is disabled. All seting datas are correct.

What is the problem?

Will this be fixed in the next Patch?

Thanks

--------------------

Win 10 Home x64,

Hi. See post #6 which lists these restrictions. Hopefully to be fixed in Patch E. :b_lol1: Maybe !

Hello,

KIS 17.0.0.611 (d)

Yesterday I installed the Creators Update from the Microsoft Website. This is not a beta or Insider release but available thru the Media Creation Tool. I did a clean install. While using Safe Money I am getting an orange border around the protected browser and the notice that Protection against screenshots is disabled.

Thanks

..This is not a beta ... Yes, it is. There is already update Build 16170 and there will be more until 4.11

..This is not a beta ... Yes, it is. There is already update Build 16170 and there will be more until 4.11

Hello alex5723,

I believe build 16170 is the first build of Redstone 3, to be released later this year.

After the process has been completed, protection will resume, but the following component may work with limitations if the drivers do not support Windows 10:

Anyone have any idea what they mean when they say "if the drivers do not support Windows 10"? What drivers are they referring to?

Hi,

as object, this limitations: https://support.kaspersky.com/12848 all will be resolved with patch E ?

And if you know, when it will be released?

On the forum Beta Test link about patch E this correction appears:

Fixed problems:

Compatibility fixes:

•Requirement 1922369:[bRQ][Win10]RS2 RTM/GA support by SI PDK

Someone would know what to explain this fix implements?

Thank you all .

Hello,

Windows 10 "Creators Update" isn't considered a release version of Redstone 2.

Our up-to-date products will actually be compatible with Redstone 2 update when the latter will be released.

Kaspersky Lab official statement on Redstone 2 support is as follows:

The latest versions of Kaspersky Lab’s flagship consumer products, dating from July 2016 onwards, are compatible with Windows 10, including the latest version of the OS which will be launched on 11 April (i.e. Redstone 2). Kaspersky Lab works to protect customers from cyberthreats, regardless of which version of the operating system they use.

Before upgrading to the new version of Windows 10, home users are advised to install the latest versions of Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Total Security, available for download from Kaspersky Lab’s websites at no additional cost. These versions will be compatible with the new OS on the day it's officially launched. We also recommend that users turn on the ‘automatic updates’ feature in their Kaspersky Lab solutions, so they automatically receive any subsequent updates and product improvements.

Kaspersky Lab’s free and freemium B2C solutions also support the new version of Windows 10.

As the cyberthreat landscape is constantly evolving, we strongly recommend users apply specialized protection solutions from esteemed security vendors, regardless of the OS they use.

Windows 10 "Creators Update" isn't considered a release version of Redstone 2.

Our up-to-date products will actually be compatible with Redstone 2 update when the latter will be released.

I'm a bit surprised to hear this, because as far as I'm aware the Creators Update *is* Redstone 2 and it *is* released now, albeit via the Media Creation Tool ahead of the official rollout. The official rollout will be the same version as is available via the Media Creation Tool now. Build 15063 is the final build.

There will of course be the usual Cumulative Updates to the build, but that's nothing new, that's what happens post-release with all the other builds too.

It's done, it's available.

Edited by Steve H

... or you can use the Windows Upgrade Assistant right now to get the Creators Update, in which case it tells you you're not running the latest version if you're on the Anniversary Update (Build 14393, 1607), as per the attached screenshot.

post-596179-1491836967.png

Edited by Steve H

I'm a bit surprised to hear this, because as far as I'm aware the Creators Update *is* Redstone 2 and it *is* released now, albeit via the Media Creation Tool ahead of the official rollout. The official rollout will be the same version as is available via the Media Creation Tool now. Build 15063 is the final build.

There will of course be the usual Cumulative Updates to the build, but that's nothing new, that's what happens post-release with all the other builds too.

It's done, it's available.

"Redstone 2" vs. "Redstone 2 update". Perhaps apocryphal, I've read that Microsoft has already rolled out an update to Redstone 2 to its "fast ring" customer testers. I've seen this referred to as both "Redstone 2 update" and "Redstone 3". I would hope that this is what the comment from Kaspersky was referring to.

Released April 10, and will be phased delivery.

Yes. It is right.

"Redstone 2" vs. "Redstone 2 update". Perhaps apocryphal, I've read that Microsoft has already rolled out an update to Redstone 2 to its "fast ring" customer testers. I've seen this referred to as both "Redstone 2 update" and "Redstone 3". I would hope that this is what the comment from Kaspersky was referring to.

Redstone 3 is completely different, that's what will be coming out at the end of 2017. The Redstone 2 build is final, but as I said there will of course be Cumulative Updates, and there is a .11 Cumulative Update which should be coming out today.

Hello,

KIS 17.0.0.611 (d)

Thanks

I received Patch E this morning and it remedied this problem.

Kudos to the developers for a very nice job

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.