Jump to content
lepphce1

Massive patch uploads to clients after 10.3.407 Patch B [In progress]

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Had an odd event happen last night during our Monthly maintenance window. I have a "Install application updates and fix vulnerabilities" task that I use to patch both Microsoft and 3rd party updates to all of my servers. When I ran the task, I had to wait for HOURS for the KSC to copy files to the C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1103\$FTClTmp directory on each system I was running the task against. Each of my servers received many Gigabytes of data (some received 20-30Gigs). During this time, each machine would have the status of "Scheduled". When the task finally ran on the clients, it would only install a few 3rd party updates (non-microsoft). The result would be "Completed" with no reboot required. And then all of those many gigabytes of data disappeared from the said directory. It didn't apply anything near 30 gigs worth of patches.

 

Re-running the task would copy a much smaller amount of data to this directory, and then patch all of the relevant Microsoft patches.

 

So,

1. There seems to be something very inefficient in how KSC is handling patch copying

2. Why do I need to run the task twice for it to patch everything? This has not been an issue in the past.

 

This is weird, does it make sense?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Hello,

Had an odd event happen last night during our Monthly maintenance window. I have a "Install application updates and fix vulnerabilities" task that I use to patch both Microsoft and 3rd party updates to all of my servers. When I ran the task, I had to wait for HOURS for the KSC to copy files to the C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1103\$FTClTmp directory on each system I was running the task against. Each of my servers received many Gigabytes of data (some received 20-30Gigs). During this time, each machine would have the status of "Scheduled". When the task finally ran on the clients, it would only install a few 3rd party updates (non-microsoft). The result would be "Completed" with no reboot required. And then all of those many gigabytes of data disappeared from the said directory. It didn't apply anything near 30 gigs worth of patches.

 

Re-running the task would copy a much smaller amount of data to this directory, and then patch all of the relevant Microsoft patches.

 

So,

1. There seems to be something very inefficient in how KSC is handling patch copying

2. Why do I need to run the task twice for it to patch everything? This has not been an issue in the past.

 

This is weird, does it make sense?

 

Thanks

 

Hello.

 

There may be cases where lots of temporary files are copied to hosts in order to roll out Microsoft updates, due to specifics of Microsoft patching mechanism. We are expecting this to be optimized in the upcoming versions of KSC.

Please let us know if this was a one-time event, or if this is a reproduceable issue that affects certain tasks with certain update items, and can be traced and investigated.

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

I am hoping this is a one-time event after Patch B. I will let you know if I continue to see this behavior going forward.

 

Thank You.

Share this post


Link to post
Hi,

I am hoping this is a one-time event after Patch B. I will let you know if I continue to see this behavior going forward.

 

Thank You.

 

Please let us know the results.

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.