• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting   09/20/2017

По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.  || Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published.
brianoakes

KSC MDF/LDF File size [Solved]

Hello!

I was looking at the disk space used on the KSC 10 (10.3.407) and I noticed the mdf file is 947 megs, and the ldf file is 389gig

To me this seems a bit of out whack. Any reason you can think of why the ldf file is so large, and more importantly... any idea how to reduce it?

Thanks!

Edited by Brian Oakes

Hello!

I was looking at the disk space used on the KSC 10 (10.3.407) and I noticed the mdf file is 947 megs, and the ldf file is 389gig

To me this seems a bit of out whack. Any reason you can think of why the ldf file is so large, and more importantly... any idea how to reduce it?

Thanks!

Hello.

Please provide information on the size of your actual SQL KAV database, the backup size and the mentioned tempdb files sizes.

If System Management enabled and utilized?

Please collect and provide ~15 minutes of traces of Server, Console and Network Agent on the KSC server, including start (restart) of KL services.

Thank you.

Hello.

Please provide information on the size of your actual SQL KAV database, the backup size and the mentioned tempdb files sizes.

If System Management enabled and utilized?

Please collect and provide ~15 minutes of traces of Server, Console and Network Agent on the KSC server, including start (restart) of KL services.

Thank you.

KAV DB - 948mb

KAV LOG - 409049mb

KSC Backup - 357GB

If System Management enabled and utilized? - Not sure what this means?

I have the data gathered and zipped. It's 77 megs. How would you like me to attach it? Thanks for the help!

KAV DB - 948mb

KAV LOG - 409049mb

KSC Backup - 357GB

If System Management enabled and utilized? - Not sure what this means?

I have the data gathered and zipped. It's 77 megs. How would you like me to attach it? Thanks for the help!

System Management is advanced KSC functionality that includes, among other things, storage and deployment of Microsoft and other third party patches and updates: this may dramatically increase the size consumed by the server.

You can use any file sharing resource to upload the file, then provide the link.

Is it possible to determine at which point the log file increases (during which actions)?

Also, please specify whether you have the latest patch (B ) for KSC 10.3.407 installed on the server.

Thank you.

System Management is advanced KSC functionality that includes, among other things, storage and deployment of Microsoft and other third party patches and updates: this may dramatically increase the size consumed by the server.

You can use any file sharing resource to upload the file, then provide the link.

Is it possible to determine at which point the log file increases (during which actions)?

Also, please specify whether you have the latest patch (B ) for KSC 10.3.407 installed on the server.

Thank you.

Thanks for the explanation. To be honest that might be enabled. We don't need it for Windows Patches etc, but for other items like Chrome, and Flash etc, that could come in handy. I took over KSC duties from someone, but I am still getting my head around it.

No just noticed the size recently when we were moving the VM to another host. I looked to see why it was taking so long, then noticed the size of the disk.

In the General Section of the properties of the server, the listed version is: 10.3.407. Not sure if that is changed when updated to the latest patch. I haven't done anything to install it, but if it's auto patched then it might have it.

Here is a link to the data - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am5VxbugtT5qi7UDvypM7Ty9NjkVgA

Thanks, appreciate it!

Thanks for the explanation. To be honest that might be enabled. We don't need it for Windows Patches etc, but for other items like Chrome, and Flash etc, that could come in handy. I took over KSC duties from someone, but I am still getting my head around it.

No just noticed the size recently when we were moving the VM to another host. I looked to see why it was taking so long, then noticed the size of the disk.

In the General Section of the properties of the server, the listed version is: 10.3.407. Not sure if that is changed when updated to the latest patch. I haven't done anything to install it, but if it's auto patched then it might have it.

Here is a link to the data - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am5VxbugtT5qi7UDvypM7Ty9NjkVgA

Thanks, appreciate it!

Patch "B" is not currently provided as an autopatch, however it is suggested for installation.

Please create an run a "Databases maintenance" task for KSC, checking the option "Shrink database": this should decreade the temp log size. If the file does not resume growing unproportionally afterwards, this should resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Patch "B" is not currently provided as an autopatch, however it is suggested for installation.

Please create an run a "Databases maintenance" task for KSC, checking the option "Shrink database": this should decreade the temp log size. If the file does not resume growing unproportionally afterwards, this should resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Howdy!

I ran the DB maintenance job, and that solved the problem. Thanks for the tip!

Howdy!

I ran the DB maintenance job, and that solved the problem. Thanks for the tip!

Please evaluate support help by using "Rating" option!

Please evaluate support help by using "Rating" option!

Howdy!

So I thought this was resolved. I have the Shrink task running, but the LDF file is still almost 1tb.

So I run the shrink task in SQL Management Studio, and while the task was running the space was recovered. However when the task was finished, the space was take up again.

Any idea why the ldf would be so massive?

Howdy!

So I thought this was resolved. I have the Shrink task running, but the LDF file is still almost 1tb.

So I run the shrink task in SQL Management Studio, and while the task was running the space was recovered. However when the task was finished, the space was take up again.

Any idea why the ldf would be so massive?

Make sure that Backup task performs regularly.

The transaction log must be truncated after the successful run of the backup task.

Thank you.

Make sure that Backup task performs regularly.

The transaction log must be truncated after the successful run of the backup task.

Thank you.

I think that might be it. I noticed the backup failed because it ran out of disk space.

I think the backup job and db task are run too close to each other. Once this backup finishes I will run the task. Problem it, it's about 700 gig, so the backup will take a while :)

I think that might be it. I noticed the backup failed because it ran out of disk space.

I think the backup job and db task are run too close to each other. Once this backup finishes I will run the task. Problem it, it's about 700 gig, so the backup will take a while :)

We wait information from you after the backup task will be completed successfully.

Thank you.

We wait information from you after the backup task will be completed successfully.

Thank you.

Howdy!

After the backup finished, I ran the db maintenance job. It took over 24hrs to finish the backup, it was around 900gb. So that means KSC was not running the whole time. Doing another backup would cause KSC to be offline for another 24+ hrs. Any tips?

Here is the error:

Generic db error: "3023 'Could not adjust the space allocation for file 'KAV'.;Backup, file manipulation operations (such as ALTER DATABASE ADD FILE) and encryption changes on a database must be serialized. Reissue the statement after the current backup or file manipulation operation is completed.' LastStatement='DBCC SHRINKDATABASE(0) WITH NO_INFOMSGS;'"

Howdy!

After the backup finished, I ran the db maintenance job. It took over 24hrs to finish the backup, it was around 900gb. So that means KSC was not running the whole time. Doing another backup would cause KSC to be offline for another 24+ hrs. Any tips?

Here is the error:

Generic db error: "3023 'Could not adjust the space allocation for file 'KAV'.;Backup, file manipulation operations (such as ALTER DATABASE ADD FILE) and encryption changes on a database must be serialized. Reissue the statement after the current backup or file manipulation operation is completed.' LastStatement='DBCC SHRINKDATABASE(0) WITH NO_INFOMSGS;'"

Hi,

Do you use KSC as WSUS server?

Thank you!

Hi,

Do you use KSC as WSUS server?

Thank you!

As far as I am aware, no. We have a separate WSUS server just for this purpose. If you think that could be a factor, let me know what to check to confirm. Appreciate it!

Please read the following article - https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jorgepc/20...een-configured/

Thank you!

Howdy! Thanks for the link. I wasn't able to follow the exact steps because I am using SQL Express, which doesn't allow for Local Publications to be configured via SQL Management Studio.

However, I was able to use the following to fix the issue.

USE master

EXEC sp_removedbreplication

@dbname = 'KAV'

GO

All the space has been reclaimed. Any idea what might have caused it?

Howdy! Thanks for the link. I wasn't able to follow the exact steps because I am using SQL Express, which doesn't allow for Local Publications to be configured via SQL Management Studio.

However, I was able to use the following to fix the issue.

USE master

EXEC sp_removedbreplication

@dbname = 'KAV'

GO

All the space has been reclaimed. Any idea what might have caused it?

ok so I think the root of the problem might have something to do with a WSUS integration at one time. How do I remove all integration with WSUS from the KSC?

Today the LDF files are growing again and I just saw a machine that was updating and Kaspersky popped up wanting to reboot, so I think they are still integrated. We don't want them to be.

ok so I think the root of the problem might have something to do with a WSUS integration at one time. How do I remove all integration with WSUS from the KSC?

Today the LDF files are growing again and I just saw a machine that was updating and Kaspersky popped up wanting to reboot, so I think they are still integrated. We don't want them to be.

Hello!

If I am not mistaken, this role cannot be unchecked.

Thanks!

Hello!

If I am not mistaken, this role cannot be unchecked.

Thanks!

When a Windows Update installs I wouldn't expect it to have anything to do with Kaspersky. I checked in the Network Agent Policy and WSUS is unchecked.

So if you can't undo it what do you do, reinstall KSC? if so... what do I do about all my Kaspersky Clients?

When a Windows Update installs I wouldn't expect it to have anything to do with Kaspersky. I checked in the Network Agent Policy and WSUS is unchecked.

So if you can't undo it what do you do, reinstall KSC? if so... what do I do about all my Kaspersky Clients?

Could you please send us the %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log file?

Thanks!

Could you please send us the %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log file?

Thanks!

Which machine do you need that file from? I assume the KSC server, but wanted to check. Let me know!`