meegja

Any problems known with latest KIS and latest Windows 10?

KIS was working fine with Windows 10.

But yesterday Windows 10 (Version 1607) did a update to build 14393.953.

Now my internet connection (mail, http, everything) is at a crawl when KIS 17.0.0.611(d) is active. The KIS icon is blinking the whole time but there is no CPU usage, no memory, no disk activity, nothing in the KIS screen that a scan or whatever is going on.

When I pause KIS, the internet connection is just fine. Everything is like it should be.

Edit: it is far worse: my whole Windows 10 is way slower when KIS is enabled. Opening a file takes way longer now with KIS active. PLaying a movie takes a long time before it opens. When KIS paused it all works just fine.

Download speeks with or without KIS are just fine. It is effecting the opening of pages, loading of mail and so on, on my PC itself.

Edited by meegja

Now my internet connection (mail, http, everything) is at a crawl when KIS 17.0.0.611(d) is active. The KIS icon is blinking the whole time but there is no CPU usage, no memory, no disk activity, nothing in the KIS screen that a scan or whatever is going on.

When I pause KIS, the internet connection is just fine. Everything is like it should be.

Edit: it is far worse: my whole Windows 10 is way slower when KIS is enabled. Opening a file takes way longer now with KIS active. PLaying a movie takes a long time before it opens. When KIS paused it all works just fine.

Download speeks with or without KIS are just fine. It is effecting the opening of pages, loading of mail and so on, on my PC itself.

Same here! Windows build is the same but I had no problems until reboot today, which is when the KIS d-patch took effect. So I think

the problem might be in KIS and not necessarily windows 10.

Same here! It's impossible to work with an enabled KIS.

The Icon is blinking all the time. Rebooting the PC takes no effect.

Windows 10 - 1607

KIS 17.0.0.611(d)

Edited by DunkelBlauer

The same thing for me. It started today. As soon as Kaspersky is enabled all programs are extremely slow.

KIS: 17.0.0.611 (d)

Windows 10 X64

Same here! It's impossible to work with an enabeled KIS.

The Icon is blinking all the time. Rebooting the PC takes no effect.

I am having the same issue.

Kaspersky "K" icon is always blinking at task bar without CPU usage.

Impossible to use PC with Kaspersky at the moment.

Kaspersky Internet Security 17.0.0 611(d) with definition database 2017/03/17 15:47

Edited by GRIFFON

Please contact the Technical Support via My.Kaspersky.com

Exactly the same problem here, suddenly Kaspersky is making the PC unusable.

I just installed KAV first time. 17.0.0.611(a)

Whatever I try to start it takes ages.. BUT once you've done it one time with an app - it works as usual on second time. BUT some apps never stop loading first time.. Eg Visual Studio 2015 took couple min to load first time.. VS 2017 - 25 (!!) min.. Consider this is very fast custom built desktop with U.2 Intel SSD - 2200 MB/s read and multi-tasking..

Another aspect - the Resource Monitor does not show any significant activity. avp.exe process oscillate between 0 and 2% CPU and little disk activity.. This makes me nervous more than the slow app opening - I cannot manage my own PC.

Edited by maxima120

I just installed KAV first time. 17.0.0.611(a)

Whatever I try to start it takes ages.. BUT once you've done it one time with an app - it works as usual on second time. BUT some apps never stop loading first time.. Eg Visual Studio 2015 took couple min to load first time.. VS 2017 - 25 (!!) min.. Consider this is very fast custom built desktop with U.2 Intel SSD - 2200 MB/s read and multi-tasking..

NVMe SSD here as well with 2200MB/s+ read and I also was able to run a benchmark on the disk while Kaspersky was screwing the system over - all throughputs and latencies looked totally normal. Just the system itself barely works.

NVMe SSD here as well with 2200MB/s+ read and I also was able to run a benchmark on the disk while Kaspersky was screwing the system over - all throughputs and latencies looked totally normal. Just the system itself barely works.

It's as if every action taken by windows apps, even if trusted by KIS, has to go through some kind of "ok-check" with KIS.

The Tray icon blinking seems to be linked with the system stalling, it rarely blinks when the system is completely idle.

Edited by Pica

It's as if every action taken by windows apps, even if trusted by KIS, has to go through some kind of "ok-check" with KIS.

The Tray icon blinking seems to be linked with the system stalling, it rarely blinks when the system is completely idle.

That was my thinking also, it's somehow throttling the PC way back but the raw performance of the disks etc. is still there. It's also managing to do it with like no CPU or disk activity beyond normal.

Ok, did some more researching .... looks like when KIS is active, my CPU it throttling way lower. At idle it's at 0.8 GHz and then with opening browser and adding tabs, there is just a tiny spike to around 2.4 GHz bust mostly very low, between 0.8 and 1.7 GHz. The sane with browsing and opening files on SSD and HD.

With KIS paused, the idle is also 0.8 GHz but it throttles to 3.85 GHz spikes and is way more active in the > 3.0 GHz range with browser with tabs and on SSD and HD.

Oh, and KIS is now busy with a rootkitscan for over 2 hours!

Please contact the Technical Support via My.Kaspersky.com

Done. Hope more people will so this rather big problem can be solved.

Same thing is happening with kis 2016 and win 7

Ah it is? Which database version do you have? Here release date "17-03-17 15:47"

Same thing is happening with kis 2016 and win 7
this is not good.. what if this problem is not KAV per se but a some weird side effect from Windows update?

I actually bought KAV today - because my Windows Defender became CPU hungry (nothing like KAV now but still it was very annoying).

The change was sudden and unexpected.

My Visual Studio project which was running in seconds without triggering Defender before but now Defender kicks in and takes up to 20% CPU, despite the project being in exclusion list.

Some Win 10 update came about 7 days ago and I think this change related to it..

Could it be some Microsoft b/s which makes AVs go haywire? not just KAV..

this is not good.. what if this problem is not KAV per se but a some weird side effect from Windows update?

I actually bought KAV today - because my Windows Defender became CPU hungry (nothing like KAV now but still it was very annoying).

The change was sudden and unexpected.

My Visual Studio project which was running in seconds without triggering Defender before but now Defender kicks in and takes up to 20% CPU, despite the project being in exclusion list.

Some Win 10 update came about 7 days ago and I think this change related to it..

Could it be some Microsoft b/s which makes AVs go haywire? not just KAV..

Exactly. Who knows, maybe the february cumulative update was delayed because of a potential like this :unsure:

Still I personally can't confirm this since my windows 10(14393.953) ran just fine up until the KIS patch D was applied properly after a reboot. That seems to put

the blame to KIS rather than Windows.

Edited by Pica

Hi,

We were informed about this problem, it will be fixed in next database update, which will be available within an hour.

Thank you!

same for me, I was worried my ssd is going to die... but if I stop KIS, everything runs normal fast

I'm on Windows 7 and I have the same problem since today. Microsoft has nothing to do with it.

Same database date "17-03-17 15:47".

Same problem here with Win10Pro on two systems after the installation of KAV 17.0.0.611(d).

The following workaround works for me:

- Disable "File Anti-Virus" (German: Datei-Anti-Virus)

- Side effect: KAV is red colored and shows an exclamation mark in the taskbar icon

Hi,

We were informed about this problem, it will be fixed in next database update, which will be available within an hour.

Thank you!

Ok, great to hear!! :D

Really was worried that Windows 10 update messed up everything ... but after reading same problems with Windows 7 and KIS 2016, the database was indeed probably the cause.

Same problem here with Win10Pro on two systems after the installation of KAV 17.0.0.611(d).

The following workaround works for me:

- Disable "File Anti-Virus" (German: Datei-Anti-Virus)

- Side effect: KAV is red colored and shows an exclamation mark in the taskbar icon

Ha, I suspected it might have had something to do with that and windows apps writing "new" data into memory etc. :b_lol1:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.