• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting   09/20/2017

По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.  || Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published.
Sign in to follow this  
0xFFFF

KISCFG & SI module update error

0xFFFF   

Kaspersky Update Utility showed "Update distribution completed successfully" But KIS 16.0.1.445g update failed with "KISCFG" and "SI" update error.It said the source didn't contain the needed files.After I switched the update source to the online servers,it could update without any issue.Then I tested on another PC,deleted the source folder and re-downloaded the whole update distribution,KIS gave the same error.

I checked the log and found this issue occurred yesterday just after KIS upgraded to Patch G.

Does the Utility miss some files,which should be snatched, on the update server?

Edited by Kai.T

0xFFFF   

Please update updater.xml in /updates/bin/kuuc/.

Now KIS2016 log always showed this component "SI" failed to be updated from update distribution.But it showed "no need of updates" from online server.

At last I found there is no SI folder in update distribution because the Utility never downloads SI folder from the server.

zito   

I confirm the existence of this problem.

When we perform an update of KAS 17.0.0.611 (d) from local repository prepared by KUU (Retlanslator), an error message appears - there is no module required to update: "KISCFG".

- but, when we perform an update of KAV 17.0(d) directly from Kaspersky servers there is no problem with mentioned "KISCFG" module.

BR

Tomek

Thomas_M   

temporary fix:

edit Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Update\Bases\updater.xml

<element>
        <name>KasperskyAntiVirus_16_0_1</name>
        <version>16.0.1.445</version>
        <component>ADBU;APD;APU;ARK;BB;BLST2;CORE;DNT;EMU;HIPS2;IA;IDS;KAV16;KDB;KFPE;KSN;OSSL;
PARCTL;PAS5;QSCAN;SCO;SSA;SUPD;SW2;UDS;UPDATER;VKC;VLNS;WA;WMUF</component>
        <tree>index/u1313g.xml</tree>
        <App>KAV 16.0.1.445</App>
        <Arch>i386</Arch>
        <SysArch>i386;x64</SysArch>
      </element>

and replace with

<component>ADBU;APD;APU;ARK;BB;BLST2;CORE;DNT;EMU;HIPS2;IA;IDS;KAV16;KISCFG;KDB;KFPE;KS
N;OSSL;PARCTL;PAS5;QSCAN;SCO;SI;SSA;SUPD;SW2;UDS;UPDATER;VKC;VLNS;WA;WMUF</component>

The next update will download the missing files

Unfortunately updater.xml is overwritten again.

But the files remain on the local server and the clients (KIS2016) can download their signatures again without errors.

mfg

Thomas

Same problem here. Everything was working fine with 2 months left on this years license. Decade long user. Update runs, but after 100% completed it still says "Databases are out of date". And it was a bear trying to get customer support or to log in here with existing account - I had to create another.

So you're saying if we just wait it out further updates will fix the problem? I'm not proficient tampering with code.

Edited by hopperace

richbuff   

Also,

Same problem here. Everything was working fine with 2 months left on this years license. Decade long user. Update runs, but after 100% completed it still says "Databases are out of date". And it was a bear trying to get customer support or to log in here with existing account - I had to create another.

So you're saying if we just wait it out further updates will fix the problem? I'm not proficient tampering with code.

You don't have to. Instead, two things: Please see: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=219110

And: Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.