• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
dlevasseur

Configure the built in Full Scan [In progress]

14 posts in this topic

Where can I configure this? Every computer is scanning at 7am on Mondays and scanning EVERYTHING causing insane network traffic.

Every search result I find is for the home version or for 2012? I don't have a "task" defined for this, it is just part of the default policy somewhere I can't find.

Any help appreciated.

Where can I configure this? Every computer is scanning at 7am on Mondays and scanning EVERYTHING causing insane network traffic.

Every search result I find is for the home version or for 2012? I don't have a "task" defined for this, it is just part of the default policy somewhere I can't find.

Any help appreciated.

Hello!

The full scan means, that the whole machine will be scanned.

If you want to reduce the ressources consumption, you can create e new task for custom scan on your KSC, where you can choose, what areas are to be scanned in the first place.

Thanks!

Hello!

The full scan means, that the whole machine will be scanned.

If you want to reduce the ressources consumption, you can create e new task for custom scan on your KSC, where you can choose, what areas are to be scanned in the first place.

Thanks!

But where is this at in the KSC? I can't find it anywhere. So I create a new task for full scan, does that override the built in task that is already on all the machines?

But where is this at in the KSC? I can't find it anywhere. So I create a new task for full scan, does that override the built in task that is already on all the machines?

Yes, you create a task for virus scan and there you can check what exactly winn be scanned,

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Yes, you create a task for virus scan and there you can check what exactly winn be scanned,

Thanks!

That did not work. Creating a task only added ANOTHER full scan task. I need to delete or remove the default one.

Also the scope only has the option for "All hard drives". I need to specifically EXCLUDE a drive from the full system scan, I don't see a way to do that.

aTZNFm6.png

I need to remove or edit #1 from the image above

Edited by dlevasseur

That did not work. Creating a task only added ANOTHER full scan task. I need to delete or remove the default one.

Also the scope only has the option for "All hard drives". I need to specifically EXCLUDE a drive from the full system scan, I don't see a way to do that.

aTZNFm6.png

I need to remove or edit #1 from the image above

Hi,

What KES and KSC version you use?

Please provide screenshot of all your KSC tasks.

Thank you!

Hi,

What KES and KSC version you use?

Please provide screenshot of all your KSC tasks.

Thank you!

Client: 10.2.5.3201

Server: 10.2.434

I'm not sure where the "tasks" list you are looking for. Here's the tasks for my test group where the scan I added resides. I have no task list that corresponds to what the clients have.

AhZhyPm.png

Client: 10.2.5.3201

Server: 10.2.434

I'm not sure where the "tasks" list you are looking for. Here's the tasks for my test group where the scan I added resides. I have no task list that corresponds to what the clients have.

AhZhyPm.png

Hello,

This KSC server version has limited support.

We cannot guarantee its proper operability.

Please upgrade KSC server, console and all network agents.

Please pay attention to compatibility - http://support.kaspersky.com/12758#block5

Thank you.

Hello,

This KSC server version has limited support.

We cannot guarantee its proper operability.

Please upgrade KSC server, console and all network agents.

Please pay attention to compatibility - http://support.kaspersky.com/12758#block5

Thank you.

OK. I'm at the latest version KSC 10.3.407

Still can't find a way to bulk administer the Full Scan task.

OK. I'm at the latest version KSC 10.3.407

Still can't find a way to bulk administer the Full Scan task.

Hello,

please attach a screen shot where list of tasks displayed in KSC console, attach export of management plugins.

Please disable "allow local tasks to be displayed and managed" in KES policy. Please provide us KES policy and klnagchk report.

In order to exclude local scan tasks from KES installation :

1. setup customized ini file, where enable task "Updater".

2. redeploy KES using the ini file

Thank you.

Hello,

please attach a screen shot where list of tasks displayed in KSC console, attach export of management plugins.

Please disable "allow local tasks to be displayed and managed" in KES policy. Please provide us KES policy and klnagchk report.

In order to exclude local scan tasks from KES installation :

1. setup customized ini file, where enable task "Updater".

2. redeploy KES using the ini file

Thank you.

Seriously? I need to redeploy KES to all my clients?

Seriously? I need to redeploy KES to all my clients?

Local tasks can only be pre-configured before deployment, or modified individually in each of the hosts' properties from KSC Console.

However, you should be able to disable the use of such tasks in the policy, by unchecking the option "Allow local tasks to be displayed and managed" in Advanced settings.

Thank you.

Local tasks can only be pre-configured before deployment, or modified individually in each of the hosts' properties from KSC Console.

However, you should be able to disable the use of such tasks in the policy, by unchecking the option "Allow local tasks to be displayed and managed" in Advanced settings.

Thank you.

I went ahead and disabled the task from each machine manually. I only have 90 days left on my license and at this time I will not be renewing. Just too many differences between machines all using the same policy. Half my machines report "No internet connection" when clearly there is internet, other computers on the same policy have no issue. Some computers I install OpenVPN and Kaspersky immediately deletes the EXE without any notification, other PCs it installs and runs fine.

There's just too much variation in how policies affect different computers and the administration side tends to be painful.

I went ahead and disabled the task from each machine manually. I only have 90 days left on my license and at this time I will not be renewing. Just too many differences between machines all using the same policy. Half my machines report "No internet connection" when clearly there is internet, other computers on the same policy have no issue. Some computers I install OpenVPN and Kaspersky immediately deletes the EXE without any notification, other PCs it installs and runs fine.

There's just too much variation in how policies affect different computers and the administration side tends to be painful.

Please let us know if you need any of the stated issues investigated and resolved (by creating a corresponding topic for each problem), as I can see you have not mentioned either of them on the forum.

Thank you.