• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting   09/20/2017

По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.  || Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published.
ak01

KS4WS10 mass storage on demand scan

ak01   

Recently you implemented the AntiCryptor feature for File Servers and the Application launch control feature for terminals servers for the “Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Servers” product. That is interesting for us since we want to do more stuff with citrix terminal servers and want to save resources.

One of the major features of KES for the endpoint, what we would need on the terminal server, is to do a usb mass storage (usb stick) on-demand scan when it gets connected. As far as I know, KES could be installed on terminal servers but every user session has its own avp.exe and therefore need more resources than KS4WS10.

My suggestion would be to implement that mass storage scan feature from KES into KSWS10 for terminal servers (including possibility to enable or disable it within the policy). Maybe you can consider that for the next version of KS4WS10.

One of the major features of KES for the endpoint, what we would need on the terminal server, is to do a usb mass storage (usb stick) on-demand scan when it gets connected. As far as I know, KES could be installed on terminal servers but every user session has its own avp.exe and therefore need more resources than KS4WS10.

My suggestion would be to implement that mass storage scan feature from KES into KSWS10 for terminal servers (including possibility to enable or disable it within the policy). Maybe you can consider that for the next version of KS4WS10.

Thank you, Andreas.

We have in fact implemented this feature in the next version branch already, and it is waiting for the next release - KSWS10 SP1, due out sometime in Q3 this year.

is there going to be a beta test period?

Hello!

you can receive the information about new beta versions in the according thread.

Thanks!

ak01   

I cannot find any beta testing for KS4WS10 at the moment. I guess that it has not been started yet.

Can you tell me what is planned in the future (when is beta testing going to start)?

I cannot find any beta testing for KS4WS10 at the moment. I guess that it has not been started yet.

Can you tell me what is planned in the future (when is beta testing going to start)?

The beta testing for KSWS10 SP1 will not start till at least Summer.

We have a lot of changes/features/fixes planned for it and it will take time to prepare even the Beta build.

thank you. I am looking forward to summer....

Andreas, just to elaborate on your idea: are we talking about the flash drive being inserted on the Terminal Server side? Or is it the flash drive that is being inserted on the client side and then mounted into the terminal session?

ak01   

we are talking about "flash drive that is being inserted on the client side and then mounted into the terminal session" (is mounted by citrix).

we are talking about "flash drive that is being inserted on the client side and then mounted into the terminal session" (is mounted by citrix).

Ok, this makes sense.

In your first post you mentioned KES though, but I believe it doesn't scan the flash drives in this scenario.

ak01   

Could you please also hide a window which shows the progress bar (or at least hide-able by policy), if that is the case?

This was also a problem with KES on desktop PCs and you gave me pf17 (KES10SP1MR2) and pf1719 (KES10SP1MR3).

Please have a look at INC000006596676: Our users complained about always having to close that scan window (even when the scan is finished, the window stays on the desktop -> maybe a tooltip/balloon or no window would be better).

KES: I enabled this particular feature ("scan removable devices on connection") on desktop PCs. Wouldn't this feature work if I would install KES on a citrix server?

Could you please also hide a window which shows the progress bar (or at least hide-able by policy), if that is the case?

This was also a problem with KES on desktop PCs and you gave me pf17 (KES10SP1MR2) and pf1719 (KES10SP1MR3).

Please have a look at INC000006596676: Our users complained about always having to close that scan window (even when the scan is finished, the window stays on the desktop -> maybe a tooltip/balloon or no window would be better).

KES: I enabled this particular feature ("scan removable devices on connection") on desktop PCs. Wouldn't this feature work if I would install KES on a citrix server?

Hello,

we transferred information to developers.

Thank you.

ak01   

thank you.

I appreciate that my suggestions will be considered.

I know other software vendors which are not that customer friendly.

thank you.

I appreciate that my suggestions will be considered.

I know other software vendors which are not that customer friendly.

You're welcome.

We're a lot less... let's say "less interactive" than KES, so there's nothing popping up at the flash drive being mounted when KSWS10 is installed on the server. If an administrator wants to track the progress of the flash drive scanning, he can launch the MMC UI and see it there.

ak01   

you stated in February: "The beta testing for KSWS10 SP1 will not start till at least Summer.".

When is the beta test scheduled to start? Could you please tell me the current time plan (beta and release date)?

ak01   

ok, thank you.
Could you please post a new message within this topic when you have news (e.g. dates, a beta version etc.)?