• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting   09/20/2017

По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.  || Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published.
dkamp

What files are needed for Cmd line install [In progress]

dkamp   

We have a process of building OS images on new PC's

In this process one of the steps is to install Kaspersky 10sp1mr3 and the Agent.

This is performed via a script running similar to:

msiexec /i <installation package name> EULA=1 KSN=1|0 INSTALLLEVEL=<value> ALLOWREBOOT=1|0 /qn,

1st question: I need to know what files I need to provide to the Script Programmer for the agent and application to be installed?

Example: for the KES10sp1mr3 do I give them all files that exist in the "exec" folder? or only kes10win.msi

2nd question: what is the kes10sp1mr3.msp file for?

The programmer said he cannot use it since it is not an .msi file.

Thank You !

We have a process of building OS images on new PC's

In this process one of the steps is to install Kaspersky 10sp1mr3 and the Agent.

This is performed via a script running similar to:

msiexec /i <installation package name> EULA=1 KSN=1|0 INSTALLLEVEL=<value> ALLOWREBOOT=1|0 /qn,

1st question: I need to know what files I need to provide to the Script Programmer for the agent and application to be installed?

Example: for the KES10sp1mr3 do I give them all files that exist in the "exec" folder? or only kes10win.msi

2nd question: what is the kes10sp1mr3.msp file for?

The programmer said he cannot use it since it is not an .msi file.

Thank You !

Hello.

Network Agent provides the Administration Server with a a host-unique ID, therefore creating a pre-installed Network Agent OS image is rather tricky. Please see here for details.

As for KES, see this article for command line installation syntax. .msp files are version patches. To install KES of the latest version, provide msiexec command with a PATCH property (explained here).

Thank you.

dkamp   
Hello.

Network Agent provides the Administration Server with a a host-unique ID, therefore creating a pre-installed Network Agent OS image is rather tricky. Please see here for details.

As for KES, see this article for command line installation syntax. .msp files are version patches. To install KES of the latest version, provide msiexec command with a PATCH property (explained here).

Thank you.

Krill

Thank you for the Answer.

My intention was only for the Kaspersky portion of the install not the OS image install.

My goal is to hand our Scripting Guy, who does SCCM deployments for Programs, a file or files to use to deploying the Agent and KES.

This is on Freshly Imaged PC's.

I opened a Ticket with support for this.

They informed me if I was going to use a script to install the Agent I would need the contents of the exec folder from the Agent install folder structure.

and for KES I would need the contents of the exec folder for the KES install folder structure.

I also asked if I could combine the two exec folders together.(so the script guy can use a single folder for his source)

He said that he personally had not done this or tested but felt it would be OK to combine the two.

dkamp   
Hi,

Could you please provide us ticket number?

BR

It was from a "Live Chat" support session and I neglected to document the case number and have not received the Email with the ticket yet.

I tested the script I am using to install KES sp1mr3, which is the below:

msiexec.exe /i C:\Util\KES10\Kes10win.msi EULA=1 KSN=1 ALLOWREBOOT=0 /qn /l*v "C:\Util\KES10\Kes10win.log"

The results is that it installed 10.2.4.674 when it should have installed 10.2.5.3201

Not sure why it didn't use the kes10sp1mr3.msp file.

It was from a "Live Chat" support session and I neglected to document the case number and have not received the Email with the ticket yet.

msiexec.exe /i C:\Util\KES10\Kes10win.msi EULA=1 KSN=1 ALLOWREBOOT=0 /qn /l*v "C:\Util\KES10\Kes10win.log"

The results is that it installed 10.2.4.674 when it should have installed 10.2.5.3201

Hi,

Please provide installation logs.

Thank you!

dkamp   
Hi,

Please provide installation logs.

Thank you!

Not sure of your Goal here.

I simply want a list of files to give the script guy.

I am confused why Kaspersky does NOT produce that bit of information.

I attempted to do my research and read thru a lot of documents but none show a file list for the Agent and KES to install properly.

Try the following command:

msiexec.exe /i C:\Util\KES10\Kes10win.msi;C:\Util\KES10\kes10sp1mr3.msp EULA=1 KSN=1 ALLOWREBOOT=0 /qn /l*v "C:\Util\KES10\Kes10win.log"

Thank you!

dkamp   
Try the following command:

msiexec.exe /i C:\Util\KES10\Kes10win.msi;C:\Util\KES10\kes10sp1mr3.msp EULA=1 KSN=1 ALLOWREBOOT=0 /qn /l*v "C:\Util\KES10\Kes10win.log"

Thank you!

OK I will give the Script guy who does the Installations Only the files Kes10win.msi and kes10sp1mr3.msp and ss_install.xml

Will this work?

dkamp   
OK I will give the Script guy who does the Installations Only the files Kes10win.msi and kes10sp1mr3.msp and ss_install.xml

Will this work?

Bump..

This script did Not work. the version was not the newest so it acts like the kes10sp1mr3.msp is not running.

Bump..

This script did Not work. the version was not the newest so it acts like the kes10sp1mr3.msp is not running.

Please specify how you check which version was installed. Please provide a screenshot of the resulting avp.exe file.

Thank you.

dkamp   
Please specify how you check which version was installed. Please provide a screenshot of the resulting avp.exe file.

Thank you.

I open the Kaspersky Program click on Support at the bottom and At the widow that appears it shows the older version, Or hover the mouse on the "K" icon and it shows the older version.

It has also been found that the script is not picking up the mr3 file in install.

Can it be possible to get a list of files that the install script needs to work?

I was told by support that only the .msi is needed.

I added the kes10sp1mr2_en.msp and the kes10sp1mr3.msp

This also does not work.

Please just give me a list why mis-direct the question????

Even Support will not answer, other than "they Only need the kes10win.msi"

Has CMD line install EVER been performed? if so give me the details.

Hi,

In order to figure uot what is going wrong please provide us with all created installation logs, both KES and the patch.

Thank you!

dkamp   
Hi,

In order to figure uot what is going wrong please provide us with all created installation logs, both KES and the patch.

Thank you!

Please try this in Your Lab, Installing via command line.

Then report back what files were needed in the install.

I am sure someone has actually tried it successfully haven't they?

Why is it such a "Secret" ? Please Share a Single Install scenario.

I open the Kaspersky Program click on Support at the bottom and At the widow that appears it shows the older version, Or hover the mouse on the "K" icon and it shows the older version.

It has also been found that the script is not picking up the mr3 file in install.

Can it be possible to get a list of files that the install script needs to work?

I was told by support that only the .msi is needed.

I added the kes10sp1mr2_en.msp and the kes10sp1mr3.msp

This also does not work.

Please just give me a list why mis-direct the question????

Even Support will not answer, other than "they Only need the kes10win.msi"

Has CMD line install EVER been performed? if so give me the details.

If you need clarification on the replies provided by support, please let us know the incident numbers.

As mentioned earlier, the contents of the "exec" folder are required for installation, and the list of files depends on the version: for KES 10 SP1 MR3 that includes both the main msi, and the MR3 patch.

As also mentioned earlier, simply installing the msi does not automatically install the patch; it should be specified as the PATCH property for msiexec:

msiexec.exe /i C:\Util\KES10\Kes10win.msi PATCH=C:\Util\KES10\kes10sp1mr3.msp <...>

Alternatively, setup.exe could be used for SCCM deployment, by copying the entire package folder and simply running

setup.exe /pEULA=1 /pKSN=1 /s

Thank you.