SJMarty

Rename a Mobile Device in My Kaspersky

Hello,

The subject pretty much sums it up...

I have 4 PCs, 2 tablets, and 3 phones. I can rename the PCs but don't seem to have that option for the mobile devices. It used to be there. It's rather cumbersome with the default names because 2 of the phones and both tablets are the same exact model. Has the rename functionality for mobile devices been removed from My Kaspersky?

Thanks.

Hello,

Yes with the new design, the rename bouton (pencil) has disappeared for the Mobile Devices.

I’ve found a workaround for rename the Mobile Devices.

- Select the tab "Licenses"

- Then from the "License in Use", go to the line "Connected: x devices"

- Click on "x devices" and a list of your connected devices for this licence will appeared

- From there, select you mobile device to rename and you will find the Rename Bouton (pencil)

I hope this will help you.

Edited by Prius

Hello,

Below in detail with screenshots :

1 : Select the tab "Licenses",

2 : Go to "License in Use", and then to the line "Connected: x devices"

post-92454-1486287119_thumb.jpg

3 : Click on "x devices" and a list of your connected devices for this licence will appeared:

post-92454-1486287223_thumb.jpg

4 : From there, select you Mobile Device to rename and you will find the Rename Bouton (pencil)

post-92454-1486287232_thumb.jpg

5: Edit and Save

post-92454-1486287240_thumb.jpg

I hope this will help you.

Edited by Prius

Yes with the new design, the rename bouton (pencil) has disappeared for the Mobile Devices.

I’ve found a workaround for rename the Mobile Devices.

- Select the tab "Licenses"

- Then from the "License in Use", go to the line "Connected: x devices"

- Click on "x devices" and a list of your connected devices for this licence will appeared

- From there, select you mobile device to rename and you will find the Rename Bouton (pencil)

Thanks, Prius! I'm the OP and this worked perfectly. I have no idea why they decided to bury this option but your instructions got me to where I needed to be to change it.

I have already done that and as i said before IT DOESN'T WORK!

Well, did you Started by Selecting FIRST the LICENSES tab ???

1 : Select the tab "Licenses",

2 : Go to "License in Use", and then to the line "Connected: x devices"

post-92454-1486310899_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Prius! I'm the OP and this worked perfectly. I have no idea why they decided to bury this option but your instructions got me to where I needed to be to change it.

I'm very glad for you ! :bs:

Hi all, what Prius posted with "images" for novice posters is "correct" to change mobile device name in licenses Portal.

:supercool: