• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting   09/20/2017

По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.  || Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published.
JeffreyIMDS

Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Slack [In progress]

Hello,

After the latest Slack update Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 MR2 has blocked my connection with Slack using the Windows Desktop client. I have tried different setups in the General Protection Settings, Trusted Applications to include Slack to this list however none seem to have effect. I have tested Slack with Kaspersky disabled and it seems to connect without problems also after the initial connect I can enable Kaspersky again and everything will work without a problem.

The Trusted Application entries I tried:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\slack\slack.exe

%LOCALAPPDATA%\slack\app-2.4.1\slack.exe

I also added the Slack directory to the Scan Exclusions just as a test I did this by doing this

%LOCALAPPDATA%\slack\

The full installation path of Slack is

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\slack\

I hope anyone that can help me !

Regards,

Jeff

Edited by JeffreyIMDS

Hi,

Could you please check if full path resolves this problem?

Please also clarify KSC version you are using.

BR

Hi,

Could you please check if full path resolves this problem?

Please also clarify KSC version you are using.

BR

KSC 10.3.407 will that suffice? It is very strange because this only happened after the latest Slack update before that it worked like a charm. The Slack client reports that there is no internet connection available however until I disable KES I can connect just fine.

The full path

Test 1 (DID NOT WORK):

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\slack\slack.exe

Test 2 (DID WORK):

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\slack\slack.exe

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\slack\app-2.4.1\slack.exe

Only when adding both did it seem to connect however this makes it very hard to maintain for the rest of my users if there is no way to set a variable path. I don't understand why Slack is not considered as an application that can be Trusted as such as a normal application as well?

Is it possible to use this workaround?

Maybe it is because our network interceptor.

Can you please disable every component of KES and turn them one-by-one until you find problem?

BR

Is it possible to use this workaround?

Maybe it is because our network interceptor.

Can you please disable every component of KES and turn them one-by-one until you find problem?

BR

If it is workable for you to include 80+ Slack exclusions per update that they release, then the answer is yes. But I ensure you that it is not workable currently. I will try and disable every component and see what it is but I would hope that there is a more reliable solution in the long run from Kaspersky itself. Slack is not an unknown application to the world to say the least but that's my side of the story.

Edited by JeffreyIMDS

If it is workable for you to include 80+ Slack exclusions per update that they release, then the answer is yes. But I ensure you that it is not workable currently. I will try and disable every component and see what it is but I would hope that there is a more reliable solution in the long run from Kaspersky itself. Slack is not an unknown application to the world to say the least but that's my side of the story.

In order to properly analyze and be able to resolve the issue, please provide the following diagnostic information:

-KES traces + Wireshark log for Test 1 scenario

-KES traces + Wireshark log for Test 2 scenario

Before collecting, please make sure you update KES to MR3 (10.2.5.3201), and Slack to its latest available version (please state which one you use).

Thank you.

FaePo   

Hi all,

We report the same issue in a customer network. They're using Slack and Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 2 (10.2.4.674 respectively 10.2.5.301 on a few clients).

Why isn't it possible to use a variable like %user% in trusted applications? Our customer has an own programmed tool which is blocked by Kaspersky as well. Also for this tool we're not able to create an exclusion because it's running under the user profile in Appdata and the path is variable.

Regards

FaePo

Hi all,

We report the same issue in a customer network. They're using Slack and Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 2 (10.2.4.674 respectively 10.2.5.301 on a few clients).

Why isn't it possible to use a variable like %user% in trusted applications? Our customer has an own programmed tool which is blocked by Kaspersky as well. Also for this tool we're not able to create an exclusion because it's running under the user profile in Appdata and the path is variable.

Regards

FaePo

Hello,

please attach diagnostic information asked earlier.

All diagnostic information must be collected regarding MR3.

Thank you.

Any solution to this?!?!! We have one user who's slack doesn't work with KES 10 SP1 MR3 on all other computers works fine... As soon as I disable KES it starts working again and i'm checking logs in KSC and no sign of KES blocking it. :dash1:

Slack logs:

2017-03-07T09:02:47.468Z - info: Welcome to Slack 2.5.1 x64

2017-03-07T09:02:47.468Z - info: App load time: 1170ms

2017-03-07T09:02:47.538Z - info: SET_UPDATE_STATUS : "checking-for-update"

2017-03-07T09:02:48.938Z - error: Failed to check for updates: net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED

2017-03-07T09:02:48.938Z - info: SET_UPDATE_STATUS : "error"

2017-03-07T09:02:49.170Z - info: SET_NETWORK_STATUS : "online"

2017-03-07T09:02:49.188Z - info: Main window finished load. Launched on login: false

2017-03-07T09:02:49.948Z - info: SET_NETWORK_STATUS : "offline"

2017-03-07T09:02:49.960Z - info: UPDATE_TEAM_USAGE : {}

2017-03-07T09:02:50.224Z - info: SAVE_WINDOW_SETTINGS : {

Edited by ilukeberry

Any solution to this?!?!! We have one user who's slack doesn't work with KES 10 SP1 MR3 on all other computers works fine... As soon as I disable KES it starts working again and i'm checking logs in KSC and no sign of KES blocking it. :dash1:

Slack logs:

2017-03-07T09:02:47.468Z - info: Welcome to Slack 2.5.1 x64

2017-03-07T09:02:47.468Z - info: App load time: 1170ms

2017-03-07T09:02:47.538Z - info: SET_UPDATE_STATUS : "checking-for-update"

2017-03-07T09:02:48.938Z - error: Failed to check for updates: net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED

2017-03-07T09:02:48.938Z - info: SET_UPDATE_STATUS : "error"

2017-03-07T09:02:49.170Z - info: SET_NETWORK_STATUS : "online"

2017-03-07T09:02:49.188Z - info: Main window finished load. Launched on login: false

2017-03-07T09:02:49.948Z - info: SET_NETWORK_STATUS : "offline"

2017-03-07T09:02:49.960Z - info: UPDATE_TEAM_USAGE : {}

2017-03-07T09:02:50.224Z - info: SAVE_WINDOW_SETTINGS : {

Hello.

If you are having the same issue, please collect the diagnostic information as requested earlier.

Thank you.

shaunr   

Team ~

Let's keep this discussion ongoing. This doesn't just affect the Slack app!

It also affects the LINE and Discord apps, too. The reason I think is how they install -- into appdata.

Each new version these companies release of their software goes into a new appdata folder that shows its version number. For example, appdata\blahblahblah\line1.0\ then they come out with 2.0 and it installs into appdata\blahblahblah\line2.0\ ... There were times I got it to work on some version numbers, but I think it was just some odd luck. Next update, blocked again.

So the common denominator here is, in my opinion, how the application installs itself and how Kaspersky is reading that EXE within. Only a guess, but tell me how to get which logs where and I'll share what I can ... and please, let's not over-tech it. That easily leads toward over-thinking. Keep this one alive everybody, we need to see what's happening!

omnigon   

I have the same issue with Slack 2.7.0. Add Slack to trusted applications doesn't resolve issue.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\slack\slack.exe

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\slack\app-2.7.0\slack.exe

Slack working if disable: Web Control, Mail Anti-Virus, Web Anti-Virus and IM Anti-Virus at the same time. But this is not acceptable solution.

JohanC   

Hi. I have the same issue in our environment. Running Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 MR 2. Every time we have a Slack update and this happens we re-deploy the Antivirus to the machine. Could not get the exclusions to work as suggested in this article.

1 hour ago, JohanC said:

Hi. I have the same issue in our environment. Running Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 MR 2. Every time we have a Slack update and this happens we re-deploy the Antivirus to the machine. Could not get the exclusions to work as suggested in this article.

Hello,

is it possible to upgrade KES to the latest version ?

Please state the exact build of Slack.

Thank you.

JohanC   

Hi.  The Slack Version is app-2.7.1  I played around with it again today and managed to get Slack connected by adding a few file paths to the "Tusted Applications" list only. Adding a Scan Exclusion has no effect. The %username% variable does not work but got it working by specifying the exact username for a specific user. Problem is we have over a 100 users.  I will upgrade the KES to latest version and let you know how that works. Thanks

1 hour ago, JohanC said:

Hi.  The Slack Version is app-2.7.1  I played around with it again today and managed to get Slack connected by adding a few file paths to the "Tusted Applications" list only. Adding a Scan Exclusion has no effect. The %username% variable does not work but got it working by specifying the exact username for a specific user. Problem is we have over a 100 users.  I will upgrade the KES to latest version and let you know how that works. Thanks

We wait result from you after upgrade.

Thank you.

Hi, I do have the same issues. For 70% of the clients which are protected it is not an issue. 30% do not get a connection the Slack server.

10.2.5.3201 (mr3)

Slack Version - 2.7.1

A quick resolution is needed.

Thank you.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Nikolay Arinchev:

Hi,

Please create a request to KL support to recieve pf1885.

Please tell us the number of that request.

Thank you!

INC000008269474 - Slack and Kaspersky

anthonyg   

My company is also experiencing this issue.  The only way we can get it to work is by specifying the exact folder path for Slack of a specific user.  Like C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\slack\app-2.8.0\slack.exe

We also have to do the same for GoTo Opener and GoToMeeting since they are installed in the appdata folder.

10 minutes ago, anthonyg said:

My company is also experiencing this issue.  The only way we can get it to work is by specifying the exact folder path for Slack of a specific user.  Like C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\slack\app-2.8.0\slack.exe

We also have to do the same for GoTo Opener and GoToMeeting since they are installed in the appdata folder.

Hello.

As described above, please create an incident in http://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/ to receive the patch.

Thank you.