Andrey Korochkin

Update APU, APD, Kjim, klavemu, kimul.drv, oSSL, SystemWatcher, VLNS3

Hello,

We're ready for beta testing the new pack of updatable modules!

Modules list:

APD, APU, AVEngine, DNT, KavBase, SW2, UDS, VAPM, VLNS

Files:

APD:

apuhttps.dll 1.0.0.44 MD5: EE3A2911A89CFCA2B0ED923D16905D83

APU:

heurap.dll (x86, mod) 2.2.6.165 MD5: A08066827CC2C9DFBEB3031024046718 or heurap.dll (x86) 2.2.6.166 MD5: EA666739B5F804B4BA67BB03D0F6C1EE

Avengine/KavBase:

avengine.dll2.2.0.15 MD5:4295b0d57bd4cdaf00150eb470b864b6 or avengine.dll 2.2.0.15 MD5:e70421f19040be8ea69193dfce64c7bc

kavbase.kdl MD5:ce087e839e26d441438632fe25f4dbb4 or kavbase.kdl MD5:ee4fe859cf022925164623bd97cb6f50

DNT:

dnt_engine.dll MD5:E7E5A4B7FCEB7CAF5BB1C75D43C6ACBC

SW2:

klavasyswatch.dll: 2.3.6.1852, MD5: 87e25937d0e3ebbc856a67b7165ec549 or klavasyswatch.dll: 2.3.6.1853, MD5: 7695b1f15ae149963962dd836a00e431

sw2.xms: MD5: : 62fc136c6dbb68a37fbdc66a4667f5ca or sw2.xms: MD5: eb77b83d6e655116a86263be2dfb2a7b

rollback.dll: 2.0.0.1084, MD5: c2a8f9112654b5607de2674ab888ae9c or rollback.dll: 2.0.0.1085, MD5: 81bebfe95a8d1364923a6f7dd6a863a4

UDS:

Uds.dll 4.12.122.0 MD5: 9532126b6090086328a417abc29091f0 or Uds.dll 4.12.122.0 MD5: af02d2ab29ad41fef8ecb1b9b214a4eb

VAPM:

Vapm.dll 3.2.0.35; md5 9159ce9431fe7fb1c28aa5108ef3d5cd

VLNS:

vlns.kdl MD5: DB182BCB4448FBC74E68B313838A64B4 or vlns.kdl FB02E31B28AFF936329D6AF977F8E54B

Information about test update source and targeted release can be found here

Changes:

Internal improvements, bugfix

Dates:

Planned start targeted release date is 16th Jan 2017

How to check:

Testing FAQs can be found here

Please, check these updates, test scenarios and give a feedback.

Thank you!

Older system with CPU AMD AthlonXP-2800+ (no SSE-2 instruction set!) and two bootdevice HDDs. All software in German version.

Browser: Firefox ESR 45.6.0 , IE11 (11.0.9600.18537 , updateversion 11.0.38)

HDD1: KIS 16.0.0.614(h) under Win7-Pro-x86-SP1

HDD2: KAV 17.0.0.611(c ) under WinXP-Home-x86-SP3

KL update source = "Kaspersky-Lab-Update-Server":

=> KIS is updating without error but both browser FF and IE11 do not start if KIS is running. I get windows application error message that the application doesn't work no more and that I have to close the application. IF KIS is not running, the browsers start without issue. If KIS will be started when browser is running there are no problems with working in the active browser window(s) but additional start of a new window is not possible and ends with error message to close the application.

=> KAV is updating with APU error and APD error

=> Changing the normal update source to the test update source "http://dnl-test.kaspersky-labs.com/iro/" yesterday and making update forced the whole system to freeze and KAV gets running never more. (Note: Have done a complete system restore with an earlier external system backup to get system running again)

Now I switched the update source from "Kaspersky-Lab-Update-Server" to "http://dnl-01.geo.kaspersky.com" and did a manually update.

Result: Update was done but with APU-APD error. After a few minutes the KIS provided error message that its Application Control couldn't be started. After that the KIS closed itself and restarted itself providing a support popup window which states that there was a malfunction on the last program start.

Furthermore the browser cannot be started if KIS is running.

After that the KIS closed itself and restarted itself providing a support popup window which states that there was a malfunction on the last program start.

Did you have any *.dmp files in the log location?

If you did, please send them to us.

Also, please try to reproduce the issue with:

1. System Watcher compoenent is disabled.

2. Settings -> Additional -> Secure Data Input is disabled.

if the issue will still be reproduced, try to disable other components one by one.

Did you have any *.dmp files in the log location?

If you did, please send them to us.

What kind of dump do you need: Full, mini, tiny?

1. System Watcher compoenent is disabled.

if the issue will still be reproduced, try to disable other components one by one.

Will try it after sending you the dump file(s) and will give feedback in this thread when done.

Edited by ErnstK

1. System Watcher component is disabled.

Point 1: Same issue

add Point 2: Same issue

Disabling other components one by one: Same issue

Pause protection: Same issue

Exit KIS: No issue

To collect browser dumps, please do the following:

1. create *.reg file with this content:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps] "DumpFolder"="C:\\crashdumps" "DumpCount"=dword:00000010 "DumpType"=dword:00000002

2. Import it to the registry

3. Reproduce the issue and send whole content of C:\crashdumps folder.

To collect browser dumps, please do the following:

1. create *.reg file with this content:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps] "DumpFolder"="C:\\crashdumps" "DumpCount"=dword:00000010 "DumpType"=dword:00000002

2. Import it to the registry

3. Reproduce the issue and send whole content of C:\crashdumps folder.

Done. You have PN.

Hello ErnstK!

Thank you for info!

We investigated the dumps and traces. Both of them are related to SSE-2 support.

The application crash should not be reproduced after you'll get new APU\APD modules (Jan 16-26 depends on target)

But the browsers hanging issue links with other module (klsihk). Unfortunately, it doesn't have sse-2 support too. Could you please check, will your browsers work correctly if you disable KL plugins in them?

Could you please check, will your browsers work correctly if you disable KL plugins in them?

Hello Andrey

No, the browsers do not work correctly if I disable KL plugins in them.

(Note: During that test I ensured that the KIS setting "Automatically activate Kaspersky Protection extension in all web browsers" is unchecked/disabled)

Hello ErnstK

The issue can be fixed with update of klsihk module.

Unfortunately, I don't have the exact date when it will be published, I'll inform you when it will be ready.

Hello ErnstK

The issue can be fixed with update of klsihk module.

Unfortunately, I don't have the exact date when it will be published, I'll inform you when it will be ready.

Sorry, I edited your comment instead of replying :)

Sorry, I edited your comment instead of replying :)
No problem. I look forward to the new modules.

Hello

I have been using 2018 build for a long time and I have a question.

I wonder if someone can kindly answer me in here.

A few days ago, I received a kavbase.kdl update (3.3.1.18),signed date:20161223,MD5: EE4FE859CF022925164623BD97CB6F50

After that,As far as I observe, the way kaspersky deal with cache was changed to the older one. kavbase_000000XX in cache folder kept growing bigger after every klava update.

Before that my 2018 build will always generate a new small kavbase_000000XX file.When next time avp startup the old cache file will be deleted only the new small one will be used.

Just wonder if you are testing different ways to deal with cache file.

Will it be not be effectiveness if you let klava cache growing(I know there is a limit)...but not let it always adjust to the optimal size each time avp loaded.

may be not a appropriate question,Just want to ask....... :unsure:

Hello xzz123

Thank you for your report.

Before that my 2018 build will always generate a new small kavbase_000000XX file.When next time avp startup the old cache file will be deleted only the new small one will be used.

Described action is a bug of kavbase. It was fixed in ver. 3.3.1.18

Hello xzz123

Thank you for your report.

Described action is a bug of kavbase. It was fixed in ver. 3.3.1.18

Many thanks for your reply!! :rolleyes: I once thought it is an improvement.............

But I still have some small questions: Will the growing kavbase cache make avp less efficiency? Dose it contain useless KDC file which i guess will slow down avp inquire virus signature?

in 2018 beta build,klava is only 84MB, this number is a few years ago, one-third.

this will happened because KL deleted some old-useless signature or improve heuristic detection? (I noticed in kdb.stt,number of signature keep around 7514000,some time bigger)

As a faithful user,May i know? :b_lol1:

Edited by xzz123

Many thanks for your reply!! :rolleyes: I once thought it is an improvement.............

But I still have some small questions: Will the growing kavbase cache make avp less efficiency? Dose it contain useless KDC file which i guess will slow down avp inquire virus signature?

For creating new file of cache required more disk space, RAM, CPU, than for adding new data to the growing kavbase cache, because, new file need generate fully.

The Product is using only actual data from the growing kavbase cache, useless signatures will be inactive.

in 2018 beta build,klava is only 84MB, this number is a few years ago, one-third.

this will happened because KL deleted some old-useless signature or improve heuristic detection? (I noticed in kdb.stt,number of signature keep around 7514000,some time bigger)

As a faithful user,May i know? :b_lol1:

Bases for 2018 were improved: size is smaller, but number of signature is not changed :rolleyes:

the new module is ready to be tested (compiled without SSE2 instructions).

Hi, is it only about module 'klsihk' or also modules 'APU' and 'APD'?

I will test it today, but need to make a system backup before.

Edited by ErnstK

Hi, is it only about module 'klsihk' or also modules 'APU' and 'APD'?

APU and APD were not changed since you'd checked them (compiled also without sse2).

Hi, the new module is ready to be tested (compiled without SSE2 instructions). Could you please update your product from IRO source: http://dnl-test.kaspersky-labs.com/test/iro/

and check if the problem has been fixed. Thank you!

The problem has been fixed. Thanks a lot.

I tested on Win7-Pro-32Bit-SP1 machine with KIS 16.0.0.614(h) and IRO source:

1. Update was running ok without APU/APD update error.

2. After update KIS works stable without application control error.

3. After update the Firefox and IE browser starts without system error.

Appendix: Update report

KIS2016_Update_dnl_test_iro_2017_01_24_report_detail.zip

Edited by ErnstK

The problem has been fixed. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for quick reply, we'll push the update to public server soon.

we'll push the update to public server soon

If possible, please provide me with message when released update is available by public server. Because of total system freezing when I make current update by public server. This concerns the Win7 system with KIS2016 as also the WinXP system with KAV2017.

Thanks.

P.S.: Is there any ensurance on Kaspersky side that all modules will be created nonSSE2 compatible in future? Otherwise Kaspersky should officially discontinue the nonSSE2 compatibility.

Edited by ErnstK