RichardLong

Signed emails with attachments being modified in Outlook prior to reading [In progress]

We have noticed a new behavior recently with Kaspersky Endpoint Security v10 SP1MR2 and MR3 in the last two or three weeks on Windows 7. It was not reported to me until Tuesday so tracking down the date when it started is not possible.

When a user receives a signed email message with an attachment, upon opening the email in Outlook they are prompted to save changes to signed messages. The dialog box message is "You have changed this message. If you save the changes, the message will no longer be digitally signed. Do you want to save the changes?"

Normally this is expected only after an email is opened, and something has changed (such as expanding a distribution list). After opening and closing the message, reopening the message does not prompt the user again, most of the time. We disabled the KES Outlook plugin and the behavior stopped, however due to our user base I have reverted the configuration to use the plugin as running without it is too risky.

All of our users that receive signed messages have been experiencing this for the last two or three weeks. No configuration changes have been made recently.

Our configuration for Mail Antivirus is as follows:

Custom

-General

----Incoming messages only

----POP3/SMTP/NNTP/IMAP traffic

----Additional: Microsoft Office Outlook plug-in

----Scan attached archives

-Attachment Filter

----Rename specified attachment types (skipping listing these)

-Additional

----Heuristic Analysis - Medium scan

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there something obviously wrong with my current configuration?

Thanks,

Richard

post-541583-1481820199_thumb.jpg

Hi,

How did you configure KES outlook plugin?

You can find configuration at the outlook -> options -> Add-ins.

BR

Hi,

How did you configure KES outlook plugin?

You can find configuration at the outlook -> options -> Add-ins.

BR

"Scan when receiving" is enabled, "Scan when reading" is disabled. Status shows Email protection is enabled. I'm not seeing any other options, please feel free to point out anything I may have overlooked.

Thanks,

Richard

Screenshot attached

Thanks,

Richard

I tried switching it to "When read" but it still behaves the same. Note that this does not occur when sending a message to myself, only when I receive one from another person.

I tried switching it to "When read" but it still behaves the same. Note that this does not occur when sending a message to myself, only when I receive one from another person.

Hi,

In what Outlook versions it is happening?

Thank you!

Hello Richard, hello Konstantin,

I have the same message. For all our 50 users that receive signed messages. We have "Windows 7 pro SP1" and "Outlook 2007 SP3 (Office pro plus 2007)" in french.

I believe the problem comes from the patch "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 3".

I very much look forward to a solution. Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

Séb

Hello Richard, hello Konstantin,

I have the same message. For all our 50 users that receive signed messages. We have "Windows 7 pro SP1" and "Outlook 2007 SP3 (Office pro plus 2007)" in french.

I believe the problem comes from the patch "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 3".

I very much look forward to a solution. Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

Séb

Hello.

This is a known issue that occurs in some environments. A private fix pf1792 has been released to solve it. To receive the patch, please create an incident in CompanyAccount, state your issue and request the fix by number (and optionally link to this topic).

The issue should also be resolved in further releases of KES.

Thank you.

Hello.

This is a known issue that occurs in some environments. A private fix pf1792 has been released to solve it. To receive the patch, please create an incident in CompanyAccount, state your issue and request the fix by number (and optionally link to this topic).

The issue should also be resolved in further releases of KES.

Thank you.

Hi,

We are facing the exact same issue.

Can you please send us the private fix?

INC000007512106

Thank you very much

Hi,

We are facing the exact same issue.

Can you please send us the private fix?

INC000007512106

Thank you very much

Hello!

All the patches and fixes are devilered through the incedents. Please ask the corresponding engineers for it.

Thanks!