Outlook Add in, Outlook says Kaspersky has caused a crash and add ins have been turned off.

MCD111

The last two times I have logged on to my outlook account on my computer (not webmail), I have a notice that says Kaspersky has caused a crash and add ins have been turned off....when I turn back on, the same thing happens...is there a patch for this problem?

The last two times I have logged on to my outlook account on my computer (not webmail), I have a notice that says Kaspersky has caused a crash and add ins have been turned off....when I turn back on, the same thing happens...is there a patch for this problem?
Hello MCD111, As well as the information posted by Berny Please tell us:
  1. Operating system version, build, release? Find operating system (OS) information
  2. KAV version, build, patch(x) x=letter How to find the version of your Kaspersky Lab product
  3. Mail application name?
  4. Which Addins are disabled when the crash occurs?
  5. Has KAV just been updated?
IF "yes" Please follow these steps:
  1. Uninstall Mail application
  2. Shutdown device, using FULL shutdown
  3. Start device, sign-in, make sure KAV is active
  4. Download & install Mail application
  5. Shutdown device, using FULL shutdown
  6. Start device, sign-in, make sure KAV is active
  7. Start Mail application - recheck issue?
Fixed:clap_tone3: Mail application still crashing:disappointed_relieved:please let us know? Thank you:pray_tone3:

Surely you jest.....you want me to remove Outlook Exchange (365) and then reinstall? Won't happen....I will find a virus app that will work with Outlook...used AVG for more than 15 years and never had a problem, This only started two days ago, so something either in an upgrade from KAV or Outlook and maybe I am the only person experiencing this in the realm of users, so I will just try to find other options....Since this only happens on my Surface, it may be something there, as I dont have the same problem on my desktop computer. Thanks

Surely you jest.....you want me to remove Outlook Exchange (365) and then reinstall? Won't happen....I will find a virus app that will work with Outlook...used AVG for more than 15 years and never had a problem, This only started two days ago, so something either in an upgrade from KAV or Outlook and maybe I am the only person experiencing this in the realm of users, so I will just try to find other options....Since this only happens on my Surface, it may be something there, as I dont have the same problem on my desktop computer. Thanks
Hello MCD111, Thanks for posting back. I wasn't jesting, simply trying to assist you to find the root cause AND asking for software version info etc, so I could test., to help get to a solution. So, thanks for telling me Outlook Exchange (365) , I'll test that. Please tell us:
  1. Operating system version, build, release? (refer my original reply)
  2. KAV version, build, patch(x) x=letter (refer my original reply)
  3. Which Addins are disabled when the crash occurs?
  4. Has KAV, just been installed?
  5. Have you uninstalled, reinstalled KAV? (using documented procedures).
  6. Have you checked Hardware and Software compatibility requirements? (I'd do it for you, but, can't without knowing OS info & KAV info).
  7. Can you enable KAV Traces, replicate the issue, turn off Traces and post back the logs?
Please let me know? Thanks:pray_tone3:

• 7 months later...

Hello @MCD111,
As well as the information posted by @Berny
Please tell us:

IF "yes"
Please follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Mail application
  2. Shutdown device, using FULL shutdown
  3. Start device, sign-in, make sure KAV is active
  4. Download & install Mail application
  5. Shutdown device, using FULL shutdown
  6. Start device, sign-in, make sure KAV is active
  7. Start Mail application - recheck issue?

Fixed👏
Mail application still crashing😥please let us know?
Thank you🙏

This is absolutely wrong, what about wrecking my computer and the reassemble it ?!