foodclub

Router Access via Web Browser being blocked.

The following workaround, provided by Kaspersky support case, fixed this issue on three of my Win10 computers and a new NETGEAR AC1200 Model R6220 router. Although the router was working and providing internet access, the computers could not open the router login page via Ethernet cable or WiFi:

1) Download and run Kaspersky's removal tool kavremvr.exe.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/1464?cid=pe#block1

Reboot. If necessary, run again until it completes.

2) Open a web browser and access the router login window, using www.routerlogin.net, www.routerlogin.com, or explicit IP address such as 192.186.1.1

3) Download and install latest Kaspersky. Re-activate using original install code.

You can now access the router login page at will with Kaspersky running.

This only works until the router restarts for some reason.

I am having the same problem. I have 3 computers all with KIS 17.0.0.611( b ) . All could not access my router. 192.168.1.1 page. I tried everything and rebooted the computer and router many times. As soon as I uninstalled KIS, the problem went away. Its a bug and it needs to be fixed.

As of 6:24 pm CST my KIS updated and afterwards I was able to access the router as usual before all the confusion. Patience is a virtue. Before this I was reverting back to kis16.0.1.445abcen_10305 each time it upgraded and I could not access the router to assign ports. The problem seems to be solved...for me....for now!

post-551801-1482884909_thumb.jpg

This only works until the router restarts for some reason.

For the record, on Win 10 I am using clean re-installed Windows KIS Version 17.0.0.611 ( c) on a LAN connected desktop and a WiFi connected workstation, and 17.0.0.611 (B) on a WiFi connected laptop for a few days. All can log into the NetGear R6220 router which has been on continuously, no power cycling and no restarts that I am aware of. Have not tested against a router restart.

As of 6:24 pm CST my KIS updated and afterwards I was able to access the router as usual before all the confusion. Patience is a virtue. Before this I was reverting back to kis16.0.1.445abcen_10305 each time it upgraded and I could not access the router to assign ports. The problem seems to be solved...for me....for now!

post-551801-1482884909_thumb.jpg

You are on the KIS 2016, this is a thread about KIS 2017.

I am having the same problem. I have 3 computers all with KIS 17.0.0.611( b ) . All could not access my router. 192.168.1.1 page. I tried everything and rebooted the computer and router many times. As soon as I uninstalled KIS, the problem went away. Its a bug and it needs to be fixed.

I'm having the same problem trying to install an Orbi router. No access to the internet and no access to 192.168.1.1. I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome ... and I'm not a techy person. So I guess my only solution is to uninstall KIS??? :blink:

It seems im not the only one got this problem.

I have been uninstall Kaspersky many times because of this bug.

It happens when i restart in router page. I cant access it again.

Browser just said: Connection was reset blah blah .

If this issue is not readily resolvable, please contact Tech Support: https://center.kaspersky.com/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

I wanted to add my experience so Kaspersky realizes this isn't an isolated issue. I bought a license for KIS 2017 because of the good reviews but this router login page issue is a real pain in the ass.

- after first installing KIS on my laptop, had no issues accessing the routerlogin.net page for my Netgear R7000 wireless router.

- Had to roll back the firmware because of an issue and after resetting the router, I could no longer access routerlogin.net with my laptop - wired or wireless

- Used another computer to connect to router after reset in order to configure the wifi

- Still couldn't connect to the routerlogin.net page, so I used the 'workaround' and uninstalled KIS 2017, connected to the website and then reinstalled it. Problem solved.

- Recently had to install a security update for the firmware and went through the same routine.

I just got a wifi extender for my house and when I was trying to configure it the page reset and I then I could no longer access the configuration page. I'm going to (again) uninstall KIS, configure the extender and then reinstall KIS to try and get it to work. Honestly, this 'bug' is really a pain and I don't understand why it can't be resolved in how KIS is configured.

Patch C did not resolve this issue. Once you reset your router via web interface you can no longer access the web GUI again. None of the solution above from first page up to last page of this topic. Very disappointing.

Hi,

Same problem to me : if Router is powered off, 192.168.1.1 unreachable, and printer connected to router unreable too, so i can't print. I must uninstall KIS 2017 to be able to acces router and print again.

Any plan to correct this amazing bug ???

PS : I'm on Windows 7

I am glad I found this thread. I have a belkin ac1200 router and I am having the same problem using windows 10 64 bit and KIS 2017 patch C. I thought the problem was my router a belkin ac750 and so I bought the new belkin ac1200 and still have the same problem. I contacted tech support and they act like they had never heard of the issue!!! At this point I used my smart phone to connect through wifi to the router page and set things up. I guess I will just have to use the smart phone from now on.

I will remind techsupport it is a known issue and a known bug. It is too bad they did not listen when my first message to them simply asked if there were any known issues and they ignored my question and starting telling me to try this and try that and to take screen shots etc etc etc.

>>Any plan to correct this amazing bug ???

Sure please contact TechSupport via https://center.kaspersky.com

All the fixes your tech support provide do not help. This is a bug in the software. There is no amount of tweaks or changes to the settings that will fix this.

Update:

I received a email today from tech support as follows:

####################

Hello ,

Thank you for the response.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this issue caused you. Don't worry we will do our best to make all things sorted out.

With regards to your concern, yes we know that this is bug. Our developer is actually working on it. In order for us to fix this problem, you need to downgrade to 2016 MR1 and the issue will resolved. However 2017 version should fix this issue on MR0 patch D and also 2018 MR0.

Let us know, and please keep us posted.

Again thank you and have a great day!

####################

With regards to your concern, yes we know that this is bug. Our developer is actually working on it. In order for us to fix this problem, you need to downgrade to 2016 MR1 and the issue will resolved. However 2017 version should fix this issue on MR0 patch D and also 2018 MR0.

Any word on Patch D release? This has been going on for MONTHS!!!

Nope. Only tech support knows the release time frame. Please stop bumping the thread.

Also, in addition to what Mefodys indicates in the post located above this post,

Version 2017 patch D fixes this issue for Version 2017. Version 2017 patch D is in forum beta testing. If you are interested in testing patch D for version 2017, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > Beta Testing > Consumer Products Testing > KAV\KIS\KTS\KSOS\KFA > Important topics > KAV/KIS Beta-Testing Guide.

There, you will find detailed instructions.

+ router access issue should be fixed in next patch D for KAVKISKTS 2017.

FINALLY found the answer to this problem (at least for me)!! Using a PC that allows one to access routerlogin.net, go to Advanced->Setup->LAN Setup and change the IP address to 192.168.2.1

Hit 'Apply'. Router will reboot .

After reboot I was able to access routerlogin.net.

Found the solution here:

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry2648858

See comment by Wesly.Zhang

Edited by bsavoy

everything was working absolutely fine for me on my Windows 10 pro] until i installed Kaspersky internet security. since i installed KIS, i haven't been able to access the admin page 192.168.1.1 on my huawei e355 router dongle. is says "the connection was reset" i am very sure that before installing KIS there was absolutely no such problem. i even tried disabling firewall and even the whole internet security but to no avail. i thought my dongle was damaged or something but when i connected it to my friend's laptop, it was working perfectly. i can also access it from my mobile. it is only after i completely uninstalled KIS and rebooted my laptop that the admin page was accessible again. before posting this topic here, i went through many kaspersky forums to sort my problem out but didn't found anything helpful. a forum states that this problem is patched in KIS 2016 patch C. however i am using the latest version that is Kaspersky internet security 17.0.0.611C and still facing this problem. to be even more sure, i reinstalled KIS and as expected, the admin page was inaccessible again. i've tried it on different browsers including firefox, microsoft edge, chrome, internet explorer, uc browser and opera. please help.

post-621559-1488539065_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the user forum!

Other users are having this issue also. See this: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...61588&st=40

thanks for the reply. yes i saw that forum as well but the solution is nowhere to be found. the only working solution for now is to completely uninstall kis from my laptop even if i don't like doing so. but anyways, can't help it i guess. thanks once again.

Please wait for patch D .

:)

yes it seems there is no other option yet. i'm glad that its just the trial version i'm using. now i know that kaspersky isn't perfect for me. lets see what the future update patch brings.

Hi guys

I am an old Kaspersky user but recently I am facing an annoying problem.

Mostly when I am surfing the net Kaspersky block my network and does not allow me even access my router. It will be solved when I exit Kaspersky (to disable its firewall does not help)

Please help to resolve the issue.

KIS: 17.0.0.611©

Edited by Sir Patriot

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.