foodclub

Router Access via Web Browser being blocked.

In that case open a ticket via https://my.kaspersky.com and work with them on the issue directly. Collect logs and submit them. The more they hear about it the faster the issue will be resolved.

Doing that now, but they have not been very helpful. This is a pretty major issue and makes the software unusable. Not sure how it has not been fixed sooner.

All was well until 17.0.0.611c arrived on two PCs now neither can access my router 192.168.1.254!!

Others, without Kaspersky, are able to access the router without any problem.

After a couple of hours changing settings in Kaspersky and my PC's configuration, three different browsers, resetting, rebooting and reconfiguring the router (using an iPad) the problem remains!!

This is clearly a bug in Kaspersky which has been recurring for some time..... I've found reports of this dating back to 2009!!

GET IT FIXED!!

Edited by george_ogden

Should be fixed in v2018. Meantime please keep reporting this.

I like the "Should" in your message haha. Would be nice to get some technical details on this. I have not gotten ANY info from live support with them.

WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS MY BELKIN ROUTER MANAGEMENT PAGE 192.168.2.1 AFTER I INSTALLED KIS. I AM ABLE TO ACCESS FROM OTHER COMPUTERS THAT DONT HAVE KIS INSTALLED, I HAVE USED CHROME AND IE TO TRY TO ACEESS THE PAGE. CHROME SAYS CONNECTION RESET AND IE SAYS THAT THE WEBPAGE IS UNIVALABLE

Welcome. The Hindenburg is not crashing. Please take off caps lock.

Four things to try, one at a time:

Kaspersky Settings > Protection > disable Private Browsing > clear browser cache > reboot. Any better after that?

Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Network > Do not scan encrypted connections. Any better after that?

Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Network > Traffic Processing > uncheck Inject Script > reboot. Any better after that?

Disable Anti Phishing. Kaspersky Settings > Protection > Web AV > bottom of Web AV settings. Any better after that?

Should be fixed in v2018. Meantime please keep reporting this.

I, too, am experiencing the inability to access 192.168.1.254

Request Number: INC000007096457

The technical details are unfortunately have not been communicated to me. But you can get them from KL Tech Support if you so desire.

I do however realize that you would like to see this resolved as soon as possible.

If you are feeling adventurous and accept some risk of potential system instability, you can try to reproduce this on a BETA build of v2018 (18.0.0.271):

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=362306

NOTE: Debugging routines and traces had been enabled on this build, so please keep this in mind IF you install it.

Do not proceed with testing without reading the instructions.

Edited by Whizard

Also, in addition to what Whizard indicates in the post located above this post,

I received this response from Kaspersky Support. I have not tried to implement their suggestions yet so can"t confirm the results.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab Technical Support.

I do apologize for the inconveniences for being unable to access your router at 192.168.1.254. Thank you for letting us know about it and no worries, I`ll make sure that it gets sorted.

Please perform the following actions:

Action #1 - Set all networks 'Trusted' status in Kaspersky Firewall:

1. If the main window of Kaspersky application is not on your desktop, bring it up by double-clicking the Kaspersky desktop shortcut (icon) or by double clicking on the smaller Kaspersky icon in the bottom right corner of the screen;

2. Click on the Gear icon in the bottom left corner of the Kaspersky window;

3. On the left side menu select 'Protection';

4. On the right side menu select 'Firewall' and then select 'Networks'.

5. Right click on each network in the list, except Internet, and select 'Trusted network'.

Action #2 - Allow Local Services packet rules:

1. While in Kaspersky settings, on the left side menu select 'Protection';

2. On the right side menu select 'Firewall' and then click on 'Configure packet rules';

3. Right click on 'Local Services (TCP)' rule and select 'Disable', repeat for 'Local Service (UDP)'.

Test the issue and if the issue persist,

Please submit traces:

1) Uncheck all protection components. To do that click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the main Kaspersky window (Settings) – Protection Center and disable (switch off) all components.

2) Enable the faulty protection component by swapping its slider to the right.

3) Enable Tracing. Click on the customer support icon in the bottom left corner of the main Kaspersky window – Support Tools - Enable traces.

4) Reproduce the issue.

5) Disable Tracing. Click on the customer support icon in the bottom left corner of the main Kaspersky window – Support Tools - Disable traces (stop).

6) Reactivate all desired protection components.

7) Send us the resulting traces. A guide on ‘How to locate trace files’ is available via the link: http://support.kaspersky.com/11139#block1

Note that these instructions apply to 2016 version as well.

Traces are *.log files with a specific name:

[Product].[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_[Random].[Type]. For example:

* KAV.16.0.0.614.**_**.**_***.SRV.log

* KAV.16.0.0.614.**_**.**_***.GUI.log

Please note that require GUI and SRV traces.

Please upload traces to our FTP: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/myaccount#section2 or to any freeware file-hosting service and submit a download link.

If possible, please pack traces in an archive with maximum compression.

Please submit a screenshot of the error/notification.

The “How to take a screenshot” guide is available here: http://support.kaspersky.com/general/various/492

Please submit a GetSystemInfo 6 Utility report: http://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/3632

Please note, that the *.zip archive containing the report is saved on the desktop by default.

*The steps are easy to follow and I have high hopes that you can do this. If you ran into trouble with the instructions, please contact us by phone at 781-503-1820​ and we will walk you through the troubleshooting process. We are available Monday through Sunday 5AM to 11PM Eastern Time (except select holidays).​​ We also have a separate department that can remotely access your computer and they are a pay-for-support service. If you wish to, you can inquire first and you can reach them via phone at +1 877 698 8478 Press 2.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you and have a great day!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please update us by replying to this email or through the My Kaspersky account website.

Having trouble with the steps we provided? We want to help! Please contact us right away using one of our live support options (available every day from 5:00am – 11:00pm Eastern Time): http://support.kaspersky.com/us/b2c#region0 and reference your incident ID so we can better assist you.

If you do not reply we will automatically close your request in 5 day(s).

Best regards,

Kimberly F | Technical Support | Kaspersky Lab

Also, in addition to what Whizard indicates in the post located above this post,

I received this response from Kaspersky Support. I have not tried to implement their suggestions yet so can"t confirm the results.

Yeah...all that stuff is pretty obvious to test and none of it works.

This problem affects users of Kaspersky AV as well, not just IS. I've opened a ticket with Kaspersky support but the first response I received leads me to believe that the support team member either didn't read the detail about the issue or simply didn't understand it. He suggested that I reinstall the Kaspersky certificate ...

Hello, all

I have several questions:

1. Does this issue only happen on Netgear and Linksys router ? How about TP-LINK rounter? I havn't Netgear router, So I haven't condition to investigate it. But I am interested in the reason for leading this issue.

2. After disable web-antivirus component, This issue has gone or not?

3. Exit product and re-visit 192.168.1.1, This issue will be solve or not?

4. Does the URL be changed to such type "192.168.1.1/index.php?action=login&sessionid=...." or other else in address bar of browsers after you type 192.168.1.1 and press “Enter” keyboard ? If actually have a URL redirection, Please provide the URL redirection address here.

5. After do the following step, Please use chrome browser or Internet Explorer and make several Full screenshot pictures and attach to here to analyse:

post-57831-1482243804_thumb.png

6. How about cookies and session state between browser to router.

post-57831-1482244143_thumb.png

Regards.

post-57831-1482243809_thumb.png

post-57831-1482244296_thumb.png

Edited by Wesly.Zhang

Hello, all

1. Does this issue only happen on Netgear and Linksys router ? How about TP-LINK rounter? I havn't Netgear router, So I haven't condition to investigate it. But I am interested in the reason for leading this issue.

4. Does the URL be changed to such type "192.168.1.1/index.php?action=login&sessionid=...." or other else in address bar of browsers after you type 192.168.1.1 and press “Enter” keyboard ? If actually have a URL redirection, Please provide the URL redirection address here.

5. After do the following step, Please use chrome browser or Internet Explorer and make several Full screenshot pictures and attach to here to analyse:

Regards.

Hello, all

Regards.

This happened on both my Netgear R7000 and Linksys WRT54GL.

No URL redirection is happening. All that it is saying is:

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Also any word on the release of the update that will "supposedly" fix this?

>>Also any word on the release of the update that will "supposedly" fix this?

Nope. But you know what to do if you want the fix. This is already fixed in the latest beta v2018.

I have indicated in my previous posts on how to download a beta version. Otherwise please contact KL Tech Support directly.

SUPPORT: router page 192.168.1.1 can't be opened when KIS is enabled

Edited by Whizard

>>Also any word on the release of the update that will "supposedly" fix this?

Nope. But you know what to do if you want the fix. This is already fixed in the latest beta v2018.

I have indicated in my previous posts on how to download a beta version. Otherwise please contact KL Tech Support directly.

Contacting KL support directly has so far been an exercise in immense frustration. Either they're being purposely obtuse or they're just incompetent. Either way, nothing productive has come from the opening of a ticket and spending way too much of my time gathering information and attempting to make settings changes for features I do not have in my AV installation (such as IS Firewall settings).

While I appreciate the level of anti-virus protection Kaspersky affords me, I still have to get work done.

Oh, and I can't even log into my.kaspersky.com right now; it claims that my session has expired. This is regardless of the host from which I attempt to connect. Windows 10, Windows 7, iPad running iOS 10.1.1 ...

Edited by Dodge DeBoulet

Happens on my newly installed NetGear AC1200 model R6220 wifi router.

Kaspersky is absolutely disgusting on this issue.

I am a long time user, have KIS installed on 5 home computers.

For the first time in over 10 years I am uninstalling KIS out of total frustration and the lack of response on a show-stopping issue that Kaspersky refuses to even acknowledge. The problem has been well-described in multiple forums, and yet Kaspersky has the nerve to waste people's time trying things on an easily reproduced issue.

Good bye KIS.

The following workaround, provided by Kaspersky support case, fixed this issue on three of my Win10 computers and a new NETGEAR AC1200 Model R6220 router. Although the router was working and providing internet access, the computers could not open the router login page via Ethernet cable or WiFi:

1) Download and run Kaspersky's removal tool kavremvr.exe.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/1464?cid=pe#block1

Reboot. If necessary, run again until it completes.

2) Open a web browser and access the router login window, using www.routerlogin.net, www.routerlogin.com, or explicit IP address such as 192.186.1.1

3) Download and install latest Kaspersky. Re-activate using original install code.

You can now access the router login page at will with Kaspersky running.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.