Alike

fjkaspersky.com: A scam or not a scam?

So after contacting customer service a couple of times and not getting a precise answer if this website is a re seller or a partner or related in any way to Kaspersky I decided to join the forums and ask the community.

Lately I bought a Kaspersky Total Security KEY from eBay. Also Kaspersky Internet Security KEYs available for sale.

The person/company behind it claims to be gold re seller.

The website is (fjkaspersky.com) I dont know if I am allowed to post links or websites in this forum, I do apologize in advance.

But I think to raise awareness of this is worth it to the community.

So this company supposedly located in Brazil and has a phone number (Whatsup) also and has live chat also.

I need everyone's help to get a light into this and make sure this is legit or not.

Thank you.

Edited by Alike

Welcome. Find an Official Partner: https://www.kasperskypartners.com/et.cfm?eid=global

Please do not buy from eBay.

What about that website that I linked. Looks like its not in the list of the partners...

Does that mean that is 100% a scam?

P.S I forward one of the KEYs that I got from them to Support and they said the KEY is valid.

Thank you,

Edited by Alike

We are in no position to judge on that aspect. If you are buying from the site that is not on the list of the GlobalPartners the risk is totally yours.

Edited by Whizard

Also, thing about buying keys from ebay is that the seller can also sell the key to others as many times as they want. But, the activation for said keys is not unlimited, so the control is nil and eventually users come here complaining about their license being blacklisted.

richbuff is wise is stating "Do not buy from ebay".

Regarding that site...I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Also, thing about buying keys from ebay is that the seller can also sell the key to others as many times as they want. But, the activation for said keys is not unlimited, so the control is nil and eventually users come here complaining about their license being blacklisted.

richbuff is wise is stating "Do not buy from ebay".

Regarding that site...I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Nobody is complaining about anything.

I was just surprised to find out that a company with a revenue of 619 million USD (2015) according to google, can not not provide 100% key ownership if you lose it and somebody gets a hold of it.

Example: I will go tomorrow and buy a key card of Kaspersky Total Security at any major retail store: lets say Best Buy

I will pay cash and get the Kasperksy Total Security 3 devices for 1 year.

After 200 days of usage I have thrown the key card in the trash with the receipt also.

Somehow they(the bad guys) get hold of the KEY and put it all over the internet.

And I get black listed.

There is no way for me to prove that I am the owner of that key and get a new one from Kkasperksy

That is sad.

Easy fix so you dont lose your ownership of the license? Lock the Key/licence to the persons MyKasersky.com account.

About the website: Can Kaspersky add the website to their black list if is reported as illegal?

Thank you.

Nobody is complaining about anything.

I was just surprised to find out that a company with a revenue of 619 million USD (2015) according to google, can not not provide 100% key ownership if you lose it and somebody gets a hold of it.

Example: I will go tomorrow and buy a key card of Kaspersky Total Security at any major retail store: lets say Best Buy

I will pay cash and get the Kasperksy Total Security 3 devices for 1 year.

After 200 days of usage I have thrown the key card in the trash with the receipt also.

Somehow they(the bad guys) get hold of the KEY and put it all over the internet.

And I get black listed.

There is no way for me to prove that I am the owner of that key and get a new one from Kkasperksy

That is sad.

Easy fix so you dont lose your ownership of the license? Lock the Key/licence to the persons MyKasersky.com account.

About the website: Can Kaspersky add the website to their black list if is reported as illegal?

Thank you.

Whenever i buy a new key i make sure it is registered in my kaspersky account, it will be safe there and if i lose the receipt or card or box etc, i still have a good copy on kaspersky server.

No need to prove its me........ etc staff can check my account.

Edited by antivirushelp

Whenever i buy a new key i make sure it is registered in my kaspersky account, it will be safe there and if i lose the receipt or card or box etc, i still have a good copy on kaspersky server.

No need to prove its me........ etc staff can check my account.

You didn't get it did you?

I contacted Kaspersky support and THEY said that anyone can register any key to their mykaspersky account at any given time.

That does not prove anything.

Only if you provide proof of your purchase with a receipt or a picture of the box/key card front and back.

Now you know why I wrote that.

You didn't get it did you?

I contacted Kaspersky support and THEY said that anyone can register any key to their mykaspersky account at any given time.

That does not prove anything.

Only if you provide proof of your purchase with a receipt or a picture of the box/key card front and back.

Now you know why I wrote that.

I would say that whoever is the 1st person to use a key and register it, is the rightful user of key. Any keys identical to this key would be a copy and therefore blacklisted. So if you register your key and its valid, and assuming its legit and not used many times by others, you're good to go and won't matter if others use the same key, since you were 1st and registered it.