compubee

Automatic updating / upgrading the software

Hi:

We subscribed to KSOS in May 2016 and that time we had downloaded and installed ksos15.0.2.361abcen_8396. Couple of days back, I happen to search Kaspersky website out of curiosity and that time I found that the latest version of the software is ksos17.0.0.611en_full. i. e. upgration of 2 versions of software.

The software has been configured for automatic virus definition updates and accordingly it downloads the latest virus definitions from Kaspersky servers and updates the virus definitions. Can't Kaspersky also design the software such that when it 'sees' the software upgrade on the server, it downloads it and upgrade itself. This would reduce our time and efforts in visiting the Kaspersky website regularly to check if there is software upgrade, then download it and install it.

I would also prefer that when you configure the Kaspersky software for download / send automatic upgrade patches, please send it only for affected parts so that the upgrade size is small (similar to virus definitions which are smaller patches released time to time) to download and it would take less time to upgrade.

One interesting thing observed during this manual upgradation of the software was that, just before the upgradation, I had updated the virus definitions manually and after upgrading the software it downloaded the virus definitions to the tune of approximately 100 MB and updated them as well. Can't we use the same old virus definitions when we upgrade the software? Only additional software definitions compatible with the new software need to be downloaded instead of downloading the complete set of virus definitions.

My above suggestions are for product improvements and you may take them up depending upon your priority.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.