OBK

Deinstallation failed [1911164]

Hi,

I installed KES 10 SP2 as an update from KES 10 SP1 MR3. Then I wanted to uninstall the software manually through the system panel.

I started the deinstallation with in none-admin-account. After entering the credentials for an admin-account, the deinstallation starts, but then it stops with the message: Services will be stopped ...

Then the computer was frozen. I won't be able to start the task manager. I had to turn off the computer.

Now I have the following Situation:

- In the system panel is no entry for KES 10 SP2

- The Folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows SP2 still exists and isn't empty.

- The Service for KES 10 SP2 is still installed but not started

At last I tried to install the kes 10 sp2 a second time and get the message: The installed AES-56 encryption libraries do not coerespond to the AES-256 encryption libraries in the package. Until now I didn't know that I installed AES-encryption libraries.

What shall I do? I think I need an acutally klmremover.

Kind regards,

OBK

Did you try to run Repair?

I tried repair. It was successful. But the next deinstallation hangs at the same Point (Services stopped ...).

I tried repair. It was successful. But the next deinstallation hangs at the same Point (Services stopped ...).

The next deinstallation you trying with full admin rights?

Thank you!

I can confirm this behavior.

The only way I found was to delete all entries in the registry and delete all Kaspersky files and drivers in save mode.

Hi,

Could you please reproduce this issue and provide us uninstallation log with GSI report?

BR

Hi,

Could you please check %Temp% folder? It seems like there are no deinstallation logs in report.

BR

Could you please check %Temp% folder? It seems like there are no deinstallation logs in report.

Helmut,

will you answer the question?

The problem is in different AES versions.

You are trying to uninstall AES56, but there is no such version installed.

You need to uninstall AES256 version first.

BR

You are trying to uninstall AES56, but there is no such version installed.

You need to uninstall AES256 version first.

But AES256 is not listed under Software.

There is only a russian version of AES56 for downloading available and I haven´t installed this version. I tried only the english AES256 version.

I found that the kavremvr.exe 1.0.1141.0 removes the files from the system and a new installation works well.

The remover doesn´t detect this version of KES and i selected KES10 from the pull down menue.

But AES256 is not listed under Software.

Hello.

Please check Kravtsov Vitaly's post. This is a known behavior with a current workaround and a fix implemented in the upcoming beta build.

Thank you.

The deinstallation of 10.3.0.6202 under WIn10 works perfect in my environment.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.