fleon

Backup of Administration Server data show corruption [Solved]

The task that does the database backup is showing an error since last week. KSC 10.3.407. Error is:

Database is corrupted. At least one repository corrupted: C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b\SS_SETTINGS.dat

C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\7d27cbda-3032-4aa3-8d17-4a565d4305b6\SS_SETTINGS.dat

This is the second time that this has happened to me, last time was in 2013

I proceeded to delete the whole update repository (All Tasks->Clear update repository), but same error happens.

Stopped the KSC service, deleted C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b\SS_SETTINGS.dat and started the service again, i see that the file wasn't created again.

How can i fix this?

The task that does the database backup is showing an error since last week. KSC 10.3.407. Error is:

Database is corrupted. At least one repository corrupted: C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b\SS_SETTINGS.dat

C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\7d27cbda-3032-4aa3-8d17-4a565d4305b6\SS_SETTINGS.dat

This is the second time that this has happened to me, last time was in 2013

I proceeded to delete the whole update repository (All Tasks->Clear update repository), but same error happens.

Stopped the KSC service, deleted C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b\SS_SETTINGS.dat and started the service again, i see that the file wasn't created again.

How can i fix this?

Hi,

Could you please provide GSI report with enabled event logs. You can upload it to any filesharing resource and provide us a link.

Thank you!

All backups are corrupt according to the task. However everything seems to be working fine. How can i recreate a new SS_SETTINGS file?

Hi,

Do you have a non-corrupted backup copy?

Three copies of backup are stored by default.

Thank you!

Unfortunately there is no way recreate DB manually or with some utility.

Have you tried to restore from one of preious backups?

Could you please provide us with KLbackup logs?

Thank you!

I can't risk damaging the product by restoring to a database that has reported corruption. The product seems to be working fine.

What is that SS_SETTINGS file for? It can't be that important since the program is working

Unfortunately there is no way recreate DB manually or with some utility.

Have you tried to restore from one of preious backups?

Could you please provide us with KLbackup logs?

Thank you!

post-424510-1478176818_thumb.png

Running klbackup manually immediately shows up the same error as posted above, so basically i can't do backups anymore.

There IS an old backup dated october 4th in c:\programdata\kasperskysc\sc_backup and there are files in there. Anyway i can recover just the damaged file from it without restoring? The backup is too old and i would lose too much by restoring to it

Running klbackup manually immediately shows up the same error as posted above, so basically i can't do backups anymore.

There IS an old backup dated october 4th in c:\programdata\kasperskysc\sc_backup and there are files in there. Anyway i can recover just the damaged file from it without restoring? The backup is too old and i would lose too much by restoring to it

Please clarify the following: after deleting the SS_SETTINGS.dat file, the backup utility fails to work, indicating that exact file? Or do you replace it with a copy before running the backup?

Normally, this file would be rebuilt eventually if you delete it, and not prevent KSC from working.

Thank you.

Like i said on earlier posts:

I cleared the update repository, as recommended by Kaspersky support on this forum. Still same error

I deleted the file (without even stopping KSC). I could delete the file, so it wasn't being used at the moment. Even rebooted the server. Still same error.

I don't have another copy of that file so i haven't been able to restore it.

The file didn't get rebuilt after restarting the KSC service or even rebooting. Like i said, KSC is working fine, the only thing that isn't working are backups

Please clarify the following: after deleting the SS_SETTINGS.dat file, the backup utility fails to work, indicating that exact file? Or do you replace it with a copy before running the backup?

Normally, this file would be rebuilt eventually if you delete it, and not prevent KSC from working.

Thank you.

I cleared the update repository, as recommended by Kaspersky support on this forum. Still same error

I deleted the file (without even stopping KSC). I could delete the file, so it wasn't being used at the moment. Even rebooted the server. Still same error.

The file didn't get rebuilt after restarting the KSC service or even rebooting. Like i said, KSC is working fine, the only thing that isn't working are backups

Hello,

what patches did you install on KSC server ?

Thank you.

Kaspersky Software version report shows only patch A.

Hello,

what patches did you install on KSC server ?

Thank you.

Sorry for late reply, swamped with other work.

I provided the GSI log on post #3. I don't see an additional checkbox for sql logs

Hi,

Thank you for that info!

Please provide us with GSI report from the host with KSC and with SQL logs.

Thank you!

Sorry for late reply, swamped with other work.

I provided the GSI log on post #3. I don't see an additional checkbox for sql logs

Hello,

please try this utility.

Thank you.

I don't see any utility on your post

Hello,

please try this utility.

Thank you.

I don't see any utility on your post

Please start the GSI Report utility and check the checkbox include eventlogs.

Thanks!

As i have said twice earlier, post #3 includes eventlogs

Please start the GSI Report utility and check the checkbox include eventlogs.

Thanks!

As i have said twice earlier, post #3 includes eventlogs

Please collect traces of KSC while reproducing:

Start KSC tracing.

Start KLBackup utility.

After the problem is reproduced, collect traces.

Also save Kaspersky event log.

Send us all this information.

Thanks!

Apparently one of the host data became corrupted on the server, making it impossible to verify when performing the backup.

Please use the attached script (run start.cmd) to determine its name.

Then proceed to remove the resulting host from managed computers, then from Unassigned (it can be rediscovered and readded later if required).Then you should be able to perform the backup sucessfully.

Thank you.

GetFaultyHost.rar

I deleted 2 machines from managed computers and unassigned.

Machine names were MAR-VM03 (6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b\SS_SETTINGS.dat) and PC-PLM-18565 (7d27cbda-3032-4aa3-8d17-4a565d4305b6\SS_SETTINGS.dat), however running klbackup i still see the error:

Error - At least one repository corrupted: C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working\storages\6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b\SS_SETTINGS.dat

Do i have to reboot the server after removing the 2 machines and before running klbackup? Do i need to manually delete SS_SETTINGS.dat from both folders?

In the 6d70d79f-a6b4-488e-92e7-63990e8f913b folder there is a ~SS_SETTINGS.~dat~2 file with 18kb size. Remember i deleted the main ss_settings.dat

In the 7d27cbda-3032-4aa3-8d17-4a565d4305b6 folder there is SS_SETTINGS.dat with 24kb size. The ~SS_SETTINGS.~dat~2 exists but it's empty.

Note that the event log also displays the error:

Settings storage 'C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.nagbkp\sscrpt.dat' may be corrupted.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.