kimiraikkonen85

KAV Remover doesn't remove registry leftovers (!) - Disappointed

Hi guys,

I have an old PC in my room, that had KIS 2011 (licensed of course) a few years ago and today noticed that my license is now expired as well, so that i wanted to remove the product using recommended tool - KAV Remover, to upgrade to the latest KIS. I used the tool twice to make sure that the removal was intact, running as administrator.

The problem is, although i used KAV Remover (Kaspersky Removal Tool) to uninstall existing KIS 2011 product, and although i get "removal was successful" message after uninstallation has been done, what i found is that my computer's registry still contains "a lot of" entries with related to Kaspersky such as some of the following entries can be seen by doing a quick regedit search:

Entries containg either with the keyword "Kaspersky" directly or containing the KIS installation path in the past:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{19D9D88E-F9E6-4e93-BE67-FC610A690A77}\InprocServer32 (a lot of CLSID entries containing Kaspersky)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{3E42295C-1558-42d3-85D7-3F0C8695F26D}\ToolboxBitmap32

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Custom Actions (Kaspersky Anti-Spam)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\OutlookKLAsAddin.Addin (Kaspersky Anti-Spam Outlook Add-in)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders (Huge amount of KIS 2011 path variables here...some of them have the data value 1)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions (KavAntiBanner and VirtualKeyboard extensions)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4009057337-436270102-2949670341-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\InternetRegistry\REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-4009057337-436270102-2949670341-1000\Software\KasperskyLab

...and there are some more.

I also have "sandbox" files on the location:

C:\users\All Users\Kaspersky Lab\Sandbox\KLSB1\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Users\my_username\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\Windows\Explorer

The question is, i always trusted official KAV Removal Tool with no doubt when compared to Windows's built-in "Add/Remove Programs (aka Programs And Features), and still i get evidences and registry entries if do a manual search.

Do i need to delete those entries manually or re-run Kav Remover again to remove KIS 2011 as it's not been detected by the tool since the uninstallation was reported as "successful"?

I'm attaching the latest KAV Remover log file - final. I'm really frustrated and disappointed.

System: Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Thanks in advance, best regards!

kavremvr_2016_10_29_16_16_18__pid_5544_.zip

Edited by kimiraikkonen85

Today, I also found out that the so-called Kaspersky Remover (which is recommended tool) leaves some data in some places, like "System Volume Information" folder, and such file iSwift3.dat file in it, and many other files that had been stored there on those days while KIS was installed.

I'm so disappointed with KIS! It leaves a lot of forensic leftovers even after running official removal tool!

Too bad to me.

Thanks for reading.

Hello,

There are some KL function registries are registered by Windows itself. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{19D9D88E-F9E6-4e93-BE67-FC610A690A77}\InprocServer32 (a lot of CLSID entries containing Kaspersky)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{3E42295C-1558-42d3-85D7-3F0C8695F26D}\ToolboxBitmap32

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders

These registries could be deleted in Outlook addin manager by manual.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Custom Actions (Kaspersky Anti-Spam)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\OutlookKLAsAddin.Addin (Kaspersky Anti-Spam Outlook Add-in)

This registry could be deleted in firefox addon manager by manual.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions (KavAntiBanner and VirtualKeyboard extensions)

I have a question for you. Could you use product uninstall program to uninstall the KL product? KAV Remover is not a full product uninstaller, It can only be used when normal uninstaller cannot work.

Regards.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.