pearlnl

Kaspersky 2017 causing scrolling issues in Google Chrome

Please contact Tech Support: https://center.kaspersky.com/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

I did that and this is the response I received: "This is indeed a known bug. Only exiting Kaspersky will resolve the issue. Our developers are aware and working to resolve it."

That's really not that helpful. I have been a Kaspersky user for long time and this is really testing my loyalty and I'm so close to switching to a different antivirus - can someone provide some firm timescales for a fix please?

Just a heads up to say that I received an answer from Kaspersky saying that this would be fixed by the next Windows 10 RS2 update due this spring.

That is a very bizarre response. Maybe they mean that the next fix will be released next spring when RS2 compatibility fixes are due. If so, Kaspersky is probably going to lose some Chrome users; that is just too long to wait for a fix to problem that breaks a major function in an important browser.

I'm glad I use Firefox.

That is a very bizarre response. Maybe they mean that the next fix will be released next spring when RS2 compatibility fixes are due. If so, Kaspersky is probably going to lose some Chrome users; that is just too long to wait for a fix to problem that breaks a major function in an important browser.

I'm glad I use Firefox.

I received a similar response:

"We have been informed that our developers contacted Microsoft developers and a bug was created from Microsoft side.

They confirmed that the issue is from their side and assured us that a fix will be available in RS2 build of Windows 10 (build 14986).

I'm not going to wait that long, I'm off to find a new AV.

Pretty sure that Build14986 has come and gone long ago...... still no fix. I am having same issues. Chrome, WIndows, and Kas is all running latest updates.

If you do not report an issue to Tech Support via my.kaspersky.com it will not get fixed. Simple as that.

i did it...no positive reply from there..neither the issue got fixed, i had reported the issue 1 month ago.