apanda

Firefox e10s "Electrolysis" Multi-Process support

apanda   

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if Kaspersky is planning to support e10s "Electrolysis" for Firefox in the near future? The problem is, Firefox users won't be able to benefit from this performance boost if only one single add-on he uses isn't compatible with this new feature. Right now, this is the case with the Kaspersky Internet Security plug-in for me (using Firefox x64).

Very satisfied with Kaspersky so far, but as a loyal Firefox user I don't want to have to decide between security and speed.

Greetings,

an anonymous panda

Welcome to the forum!

Firefox 49.0.1 (x86) - screenshot invoked by about:performance. It seems that e10s works well together with KIS 16.0.0.614g (Windows 8.1 x64)l.

Firefox_e10s.png

apanda   
Welcome to the forum!

Firefox 49.0.1 (x86) - screenshot invoked by about:performance. It seems that e10s works well together with KIS 16.0.0.614g (Windows 8.1 x64)l.

post-404-1474795289_thumb.png

Hey Galileo, thanks for your reply.

Altough I'm by no means a programmer or coder, how does the about:performance tab indicate Firefox is running with e10s?

So far, I've checked this by going to about:support and looking for "Multiprocess Windows".

When the Kaspersky plugin is enabled:

post-607632-1474802037_thumb.jpg

(= e10s deactivated due to addons)

When it's disabled:

post-607632-1474802049_thumb.jpg

(= e10s activated)

Maybe you can check about:support - maybe it's just a 64bit problem, since the x64 plugin was just released for Kaspersky 2017...

Edited by apanda

Any word from the developers on this? Or is there an official way for posting feedback/feature requests?

Bump! This thread seems to have died, but the problem persists. I'm running Firefox 52.0.2 and Kaspersky Protection 5.0.141-4-20161031140250 extension from KIS 2017. With the Kaspersky extension enabled, Firefox multiprocess is disabled. With Kaspersky disabled, multiprocess is enabled.

Can someone from Kaspersky let us know if Firefox multiprocess support is something they intend to support with their browser extension?

Thanks!

-Paul

Whizard   

Open a support ticket for that via my.kaspersky.com this is a user forum.

Berny   

? Also ?

- FF > about:config > browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2 > change "true" to "false"

- restart Firefox

? Also ?

- FF > about:config > browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2 > change "true" to "false"

- restart Firefox

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Multi process is available since Firefox 49, but the Kaspersky module is still not compatible... I had to uninstall Kaspersky and install Bitdefender to finally enjoy electrolysis (it works flawlessly with Bitdefender by the way). I would really love to use Kaspersky instead, since I've paid a subscription and I find it more easy tu use, but I can't do it until it's fully compatible with Firefox. I'm starting to think Kaspersky developers don't really care about Firefox users, and it's a pity because KAV/KIS is a superior product in my opinion.

apanda   

Funny to see my post still alive after almost 8 months have passed.

I just logged into my my.kaspersky.com account to see if there's any news regarding this issue, but there's only the reply which I got back in October 2016:

We would like to inform you that the issue is under investigation as indeed there is a bug that generates an incompatibility with "e10s" at the moment.

We will inform you as soon as we have further news on the issue.

As far as I understand, Firefox 57, scheduled to release upcoming November, will only support addons with the latest architecture (WebExtensions). WebExtensions should be multiprocess-compatible already, so I assume the Kaspersky addon doesn't match that standard.

I'll update my support ticket with this information, maybe this will urge them to come up with a solution.