Sign in to follow this  
Ultra Male

Has the licensing system changed?

I am an old Kaspersky customer but I stopped using it because I format quiet often like when there are lots of Driver updates or when there is a new build of Windows as I prefer starting from a fresh clean slate.

The problem is even with a 5 user license, give it a few more activations and my license would be blacklisted even though I have uninstalled it before formatting and ensured to remove the license from the product itself so that doesn't matter. Reaching out to customer service to reset my license would take many days sometimes even a week so I stopped using Kaspersky or purchasing / recommending it to anyone....

Has this changed or is it still the same?

Other AVs like Avast allow you to de-activate a license installed on a particular system through their online portal (Avast My Account), same case with Avira and Bitdefender. ESET monitors the IP address from where the signature updates are being initiated and has a smart way of detecting license mis-use I don't understand why at this day and age Kaspersky has such a restrictive / not so smart system that cannot tell that the license is being activated on the same machine with the same computer specs / computer name?

Please ask Tech Support this question, and let us know what they tell you.

I know exactly how you feel about the clean slate; I like to format about four times a year, when there is a new build of Windows and when the new Kaspersky version is released, and I never had this issue; but it does come up on this forum for frequent formaters.

I know exactly how you feel about the clean slate; I like to format about four times a year, when there is a new build of Windows and when the new Kaspersky version is released, and I never had this issue; but it does come up on this forum for frequent formaters.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have submitted a ticket to support and will let you know what they say.

I hope they changed this so I can purchase a new license again.

I got the reply. Nothing has changed. A few re-activations and the license will be blocked needing us to contact support to reset the activation count.

Now they replied to me within 24 hours this time but usually this took around 5-7 business day until the license was unlocked :(

...Nothing has changed. ...
Well, anyway, you have a fresh, new forum appearance with a new avatar and a new user name. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.