Navman

KAV 2015 automatically deleted and KAV 2017 was atomatically installed.

Hi All:

This is very strange. Had KAV 2015 installed. Turned on the computer and it was deleted and KAV 2017 was atomatically installed. Prior settings seem to have been retained. The only thing it showed being needed was a

database update. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thx.

B)Yes-It has been random members reports, who assure their Anti-virus

were Automatically-Updated to most recent version-2017 for the case

In fact in versions: 2016-2017 Klab started to Enable this Setting to View it..Open

KL-MainPage>Database Update >on Run Mode-Click the link "Automatically"

Next screen show this: "New app versions" (•) Download and Install new

versions automatically (Recommended). Is Not official but happens.

To Stop this: Untick the first setting and select the 2nd-one

That's great - Update to New version..Without move a finger welcome.

As long your KAV works correct let it be-Hehe! : That's my opinion on it

Indio,

Thx for your reply. I was unaware of this "feature". I guess I'll let it ride for the time being.

Thx again.

Edited by Navman

Hi Indio,

Thank you very much for the information. I was unaware of this "feature" I have disabled it on all our machines.

Is Kaspersky trying to follow Microsoft's example with the Windows 10 update? At best it is arrogant to foist this "feature" off without a "by your leave".

I never install new releases. That is asking for trouble. The past several releases of KAV it has been initial release in about August/September, followed by several updates to the code, followed by a Maintenance Release, followed by a few more updates to fix the Maintenance Release. Things are usually stable by February/March of the following year.

Also I like to take a System Image backup before I make any major changes to my operating system. Installing a new release of the anti-virus package is a major change.

B)Yes-It has been random members reports, who assure their Anti-virus

were Automatically-Updated to most recent version-2017 for the case

In fact in versions: 2016-2017 Klab started to Enable this Setting to View it..Open

KL-MainPage>Database Update >on Run Mode-Click the link "Automatically"

Next screen show this: "New app versions" (•) Download and Install new

versions automatically (Recommended). Is Not official but happens.

To Stop this: Untick the first setting and select the 2nd-one

That's great - Update to New version..Without move a finger welcome.

As long your KAV works correct let it be-Hehe! : That's my opinion on it

Could you tell me if the release of a "patch" is considered a "new version".... or does a patch release come with the virus definition update?

A patch is not a new build , it is provided with an update of the anti-virus databases.

A patch is not a new build , it is provided with an update of the anti-virus databases.

If I may add, although patches are downloaded with the database update, they usually require a computer reboot to take effect.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.