Sign in to follow this  
1966Ford

How do I disable scanning of startup objects?

I have a lot of experience with KAV personal, but I am new to KAV workstation.

I have a client set up with KAV Business Optimal, with all settings enforced by a policy set on the server.

With KAV personal, leaving the "scan startup objects" setting on causes lockups and problems sometimes on Windows 98 systems.

I am having a similar problem on a Windows 98 system with KAV workstation 5.0.200. As soon as the real time protection loads, the floppy drive seeks several times, and the system will frequently lock up.

The one system having this problem is an older Pentium II system that is pretty slow. There are several other Windows 98 systems, but most are PIIIs and none of the rest are having the same problem.

I am guessing there is a way to disable the startup objects scan, but I have not found a way to do it using the policy.

Help!

If you are using the latest version of the KAV Workstation (v5.0.205) you can disable this via the Users Tasks setting under the Settings tab.

Yes but is there a way I can do that using the policy instead of doing it on the system itself?

yes,you can use policy from admin kit.

just look at 'FILES" tab.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.