oren16

MR3 still problems with outlook and network connectivity [In progress]

i have updated one of my clients station to the latest MR3 version (of course also the latest network agent and the latest KSC is installed on the system), the problem is that every once in a while (about a day or two) his outlook (that have 2 pop3 and smtp accounts configured on) is prompting an error in send receive, this used to happen much much more on the old MR2 version but the MR3 didn't fixed that completely.

if i exit kaspersky the problem fixes or if the windows is restarted.

it can happen also when browsing in internet explorer that suddenly can't browse anywhere until exiting kaspersky or restarting. keep in mind that the client haven't reported that the internet explorer loosing connectivity happned on the MR3 release, but on the MR2 it used to happen. so we are left with the outlook issue every day or two.

it might be that the internet explorer issue is still exist but it just don't get to that point that the problem can be seen or disturb since once the outlook problem happnes the client immidiately restarts because he works intensively with emails and he cannot afford not receiving emails.

most of the time it is only one account that looses connectivity and the other account does not report error on send receive. but either way even on the secondary account once restart or kaspersky is down the problem is gone.

i tried to leave him without anti virus for a short period of time (with directing him to be careful on his daily usage) and no problem accured at all, also while waiting for the MR3 release i have installed the KIS on its latest version as this version was compatible before the KES released. so that allowed to have anti virus on his station without having the problems he suffered from with the MR2 release.

so.. what is going on? are there more fixes to the MR3 that i need to know about and maybe wait for? any patches?

it is a windows 10 Pro 64Bit with outlook 2010.

the link to download the file itself is: https://we.tl/1Y7uGkTKVp

sent you the password over private message

in this file you will find a GSI report that i have created while the problem happened, so it was visible and there was an internet radio running and working but there was no emails or http access using 4 different browsers.

than i have restarted windows and created the GSI report again when everything worked ok so this is the second GSI that you will have there.

now i want to be clear, when there was the few days without the antivirus installed. the problem wasn't happening.

Hi,

Do all the computers with KES have this problem or it is just with certain PCs?

We need KES traces during reproduction and screenshot of the error occured.

BR

there isn't a definite screenshot since it is just that the internet connection suddenly dies as i have described very verbosely.

it happens only on one computer which runs on win10. there is another computer with win10 but it is not in use at all.

and i already sent the GSI when the error occured.

the only thing i can add to the information i have already described is that i see the "system and compressed memory" process gets to a high memory usage when the problem happens. there was times that i have closed all internet explorer processes and the internet got back to work, but that didn't happen consistently. when the anti virus was removed everything worked fine.

another guess that i have is that it is something in the integration with the network card\driver of the network card. of course before eliminating everything regarding the computer parts themselves i have updated all drivers to the latest ones. i do suspect that some process inside the kaspersky network driver causes this loop that does not allow such network flow until it gets reset somehow (in our case, restarting windows).

any update? this is a super big problem. the client is suffering and since this can't go on like this i'm re installing the internet security version which worked better. if we will not have any other choice the client will move to another anti virus company after working with kaspersky for so many years, that is such a shame to have that happen.

waiting for a reply on the progress status and hopefully a solution.

any update? this is a super big problem. the client is suffering and since this can't go on like this i'm re installing the internet security version which worked better. if we will not have any other choice the client will move to another anti virus company after working with kaspersky for so many years, that is such a shame to have that happen.

waiting for a reply on the progress status and hopefully a solution.

Hello,

please provide KES traces.

Thank you.

don't have anything at all since i have removed the installation and moved back to internet security for a while until finding a fix or until deciding what to do otherwise if you will not provide a solution.

i will try and check with the client, it is just not normal to work like that and need to restart the workstation every day, it damages the workflow in an unbearable way.

if he will agree to run again, i will reinstall the mr3 version and will wait for his update when this occurs again, then i will generate the traces you have requested and will upload the same way i have sent the GSI report.

if there is anything at all you can do to find a fix to this problem even before i will work on generating the traces, please communicate it with me. i am sure we are not the only customers suffering from this problem.

Hi,

I have the same issue, is there any solution?

Thank you!

Hello.

Unfortunately we were unable to collect the necessary data from the topic starter.

Please describe your particular issue in more detail, including the reproduction scenario, applications and services you are using.

Thank you!

Hello.

Unfortunately we were unable to collect the necessary data from the topic starter.

Please describe your particular issue in more detail, including the reproduction scenario, applications and services you are using.

Thank you!

Hi,

I am using KES MR3, and having an issue with outlook in sending receiving email. issue does't appear when i exit kaspersky.

outlook 2013

machine OS: windows 8.1

Thank you!

Hi,

I am using KES MR3, and having an issue with outlook in sending receiving email. issue does't appear when i exit kaspersky.

outlook 2013

machine OS: windows 8.1

Thank you!

At which point does the issue happen?

What does it look like?

Please provide a screenshot of the error.

What happens if you stop MailAV/WebAV/WebControl component instead of exiting KES? Pause protection?

Are there other network errors other than the one in Outlook?

Thank you.

At which point does the issue happen?

What does it look like?

Please provide a screenshot of the error.

What happens if you stop MailAV/WebAV/WebControl component instead of exiting KES? Pause protection?

Are there other network errors other than the one in Outlook?

Thank you.

When I click on send/receive option in outlook it gives error.

see attached Screenshot

I tried to disable each component one by one , only pausing and exiting protection solves the issue in outlook.

no other errors except Out look.

Thank you Sir!

When I click on send/receive option in outlook it gives error.

see attached Screenshot

I tried to disable each component one by one , only pausing and exiting protection solves the issue in outlook.

no other errors except Out look.

Thank you Sir!

The image is missing. Please try and attach it again.

Thank you!

Since the MR3 rollout we are suffering a frequent pop-up relating to Outlook 2016. The attached image shows the error.

This is happening on all Office 2016 users that have had the MR3 update installed. The bulk of the systems are Windows 10 but there are several Windows 8.1 and 7 users reporting the issue. A large number of our users have digital certificates attached to their accounts and, by default, internal emails are digitally signed.

Please advise what other information you require to help diagnose this issue.

Regards

post-553527-1473084157_thumb.png

post-553527-1473084199_thumb.png

Since the MR3 rollout we are suffering a frequent pop-up relating to Outlook 2016. The attached image shows the error.

This is happening on all Office 2016 users that have had the MR3 update installed. The bulk of the systems are Windows 10 but there are several Windows 8.1 and 7 users reporting the issue. A large number of our users have digital certificates attached to their accounts and, by default, internal emails are digitally signed.

Please advise what other information you require to help diagnose this issue.

Regards

Hello.

Please specify at which point the error as on the screenshot appears (what is user doing at the moment?). Does this happen if you disable all KES components but Mail Anti-Virus?

Thank you.

We have also some Problems with the MR3. As far as we found out, it only effect the Outlook with enabled Cache and access to additional mailboxes. The Problem result in a running circle in the Outlook (affect all versions 2010 - 2016) disabling the mail component wont fix it. Deactivating Kaspersky by the KSC will fix the Outlook lagging immediately.

We have also some Problems with the MR3. As far as we found out, it only effect the Outlook with enabled Cache and access to additional mailboxes. The Problem result in a running circle in the Outlook (affect all versions 2010 - 2016) disabling the mail component wont fix it. Deactivating Kaspersky by the KSC will fix the Outlook lagging immediately.

Hello.

What is currently known is that KES may increase time it takes for Outlook with additional profiles to load up, however it does not cause the freeze, and the only component which affects this is MailAV.

The issue you mention is new. Please describe it in more detail: reproduction steps, whether turning off all components/pausing protection/exiting KES helps.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.