Alright. I have looked everywhere and so far tried everything I can think of short of blowing up a windows box at work.

During a complete scan (wheither started remotely or on the computer) causes the computer to freeze at C:\Windows\inf\unregmp2.exe. The file itself is undeletable (or rather deletes but comes back). After reading some more from what said in another topic, I added the exclusion:

C:\Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

I also checked and the On-Demand Scanner is not set to scan e-mail databases. So, alas, I am lost wher else to look.

I know that when it hangs up I have to completely restart the computer to fix it. If I remote stop KAV then I cannot reactive it. I cannot stop the scan either -- either on the computer or through the Admin Kit.

Thanks,

Flamus Diu-Temperomentis

Do you also have email format files excluded?

Umm...Don't think I did actually. How would I know or set it to exclude them?

Edit: btw, the On-Demand Scanner is not set up to scan Email format files or databases.

Flamus Diu-Temperomentis

It is one of the excludable options in the Scan settings...

Settings-Configure Scan My Computer-Configure Scan-Additional Settings-Details

It is one of the excludable options in the Scan settings...

Settings-Configure Scan My Computer-Configure Scan-Additional Settings-Details

It is checked for both e-mail options to exclude.

Flamus Diu-Temperomentis

I can run this scan in Safemode on this computer (but all the other computers, I can run in normal mode). I have no idea what is going on.

Flamus Diu-Temperomentis

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.