Hi,

I'm a developer at Flickr and I wanted to reach out to make Kaspersky aware of a compatibility issue that our users have reported. I'm hoping members of the Kaspersky development team or employees read this forum.

We've had a ton of reports of people having issues when uploading to Flickr, but finding the issue resolved when disabling Kaspersky. Obviously, nobody wants to encourage people to disable their anti-virus software, but it does seem from the reports like there may be an incompatibility.

Here's the thread from our user forum:

https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157667470316204/

And you can send me emails using the addressed I used to create this account.

Let's get this solved together to make the internet a better place for our mutual users!

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm a developer at Flickr and I wanted to reach out to make Kaspersky aware of a compatibility issue that our users have reported. I'm hoping members of the Kaspersky development team or employees read this forum.

We've had a ton of reports of people having issues when uploading to Flickr, but finding the issue resolved when disabling Kaspersky. Obviously, nobody wants to encourage people to disable their anti-virus software, but it does seem from the reports like there may be an incompatibility.

Let's get this solved together to make the internet a better place for our mutual users!

Thanks.

I've been having this problem for many months and have just had to resort to exiting KIS whenever I want to upload to Flickr via my browser. It's not ideal but I'm pretty sure that Flickr and Kaspersky will have months or more of fun deciding how the other party is the one at fault ;)

Hi,

Thanks.

Hi, Alex! Thanks for this thread, we have very strange bug, but I hope we solve it till end of this week(today or tomorrow).

I had stopped using Kaspersky for a year or so and recently installed KFA 18 to try it out.  Now, again, I'm finding I cannot upload to Flickr via my browser, whereas such uploads have been trouble free for me for the last year while Kaspersky products were absent from my Windows 10 PC.  Suggests to me that this is still an unresolved issue.  Anyone else still have the same problems?

No I do not because they are not available options in KFA as far as I am aware.  And I have confirmed that it is Kaspersky causing the problem with Flickr uploads as I have uninstalled KFA and installed an alternative product just to see, and the uploads now work.

I can't reproduce the upload problem with KIS 2018 ver 18.0.0.405 (d) with  Anti-banner and Private Browsing enabled under W10.

... just reinstalled Kaspersky Free to double check.  Still upload problems with Firefox and have now confirmed that the same problems occur with Chrome.

Note that with KFA the only major facilities are File AV, IM AV, WEb AV and Mail AV

Edited by Wilf21

Uploading with FF 57 is no problem here, it looks like this problem is related to KAF 2018

I had the same problem today when I renewed my KIS subscription and then downloaded KIS 2018. Uploads to Flickr were blocked with the Flickr complaining of repeated timeouts.

Diagnosing, I found that this is caused by the Kaspersky Protection add-on/extension that the KIS 2018 installer installed automatically into Firefox. Once I disabled this add-on in my FF browser, uploads to Flickr was made possible again.

Check your browser for this add-on

Disable it

Restart the browser

Next weekend when I get some free time, I will see if I can seperately uninstall this add-on. It is way too paranoid in its protection. Unless, the Kaspersky add-on development provides a white-list setting within the add-on that I can use.

Sesh

42 minutes ago, Sesh said:

I had the same problem today when I renewed my KIS subscription and then downloaded KIS 2018. Uploads to Flickr were blocked with the Flickr complaining of repeated timeouts.

Diagnosing, I found that this is caused by the Kaspersky Protection add-on/extension that the KIS 2018 installer installed automatically into Firefox. Once I disabled this add-on in my FF browser, uploads to Flickr was made possible again.

Check your browser for this add-on

Disable it

Restart the browser

Next weekend when I get some free time, I will see if I can seperately uninstall this add-on. It is way too paranoid in its protection. Unless, the Kaspersky add-on development provides a white-list setting within the add-on that I can use.

Sesh

Thank you for this.  I have uninstalled KFA for some time precisely because of this problem.  Perhaps I'll now try it again with your advice.  Although it's a shame to have to disable the protection add-on.

Can you confirm you need to disable the add-on, and is not enough to disable just the antibanner and the private browsing, without disabling the add-on itself? This may help us to figure out the problem. Thanks

10 hours ago, Flavio Negrini said:

Can you confirm you need to disable the add-on, and is not enough to disable just the antibanner and the private browsing, without disabling the add-on itself? This may help us to figure out the problem. Thanks

Have installed KFA just now.  Flickr uploads are messed up, as before (using Firefox 59). KFA has no private browsing or antibanner options to disable.  In firefox, I cannot disable the add-on ... It says disabled when I press the DisABLE BUTTON, but becomes enabled again when I restart Firefox.  Any advice on how to ACTUALLY disable the add-on?

31 minutes ago, Wilf21 said:

Have installed KFA just now.  Flickr uploads are messed up, as before (using Firefox 59). KFA has no private browsing or antibanner options to disable.  In firefox, I cannot disable the add-on ... It says disabled when I press the DisABLE BUTTON, but becomes enabled again when I restart Firefox.  Any advice on how to ACTUALLY disable the add-on?

OK, I see in Web Antivirus Advanced Options I untick the option "Automatically Activate ... extension in browsers"

Done that, and now Flickr web Upload works ..  But it's a shame to have to disable a useful Firefox security add-on

Edited by Wilf21

19 minutes ago, Flavio Negrini said:

@wilf21, I know the option is not present in KFA, that's why I suggest you to open a ticket with the Customer support, who will forward the issue to devs:  https://my.kaspersky.com/

Thanks, Flavio, I have now reported the problem via a new ticket

5 hours ago, Wilf21 said:

OK, I see in Web Antivirus Advanced Options I untick the option "Automatically Activate ... extension in browsers"

Done that, and now Flickr web Upload works ..  But it's a shame to have to disable a useful Firefox security add-on

Actually, on further, more extensive testing, I find that the Flickr photo uploads fail even when the Kaspersky Protection add-on for Firefox has been disabled.  Same gores for Chrome.   I have added this to my problem report.  Meanwhile, I'm going to have to uninstall KFA for the time being.

20 minutes ago, Wilf21 said:

Actually, on further, more extensive testing, I find that the Flickr photo uploads fail even when the Kaspersky Protection add-on for Firefox has been disabled.  Same gores for Chrome.   I have added this to my problem report.  Meanwhile, I'm going to have to uninstall KFA for the time being.

Ha, well, KFA, being free, is not supported so my problem report has been declined - even though I've told them it happens in KIS as well and has done for for a couple of years at least.  So, I've now uninstalled KFA until someone here, perhaps, is good enough to let me know when the problem has been resolved (if ever).

Thank you, Flavio, for trying to help with this.

7 hours ago, Wilf21 said:

@Wilf21, sorry to hear that it is not working for you. I have no idea to your particular box. However on my laptop with KIS 2018 running, Flick uploads are continueing to work fine.Just uploaded a couple of pictures today and all went well.

At this point, I have nno complaints.

Sesh

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.